A Goalkeeper Can Catch Anything...Even Love

Pool Drama

*Iker POV*

“Ivy you have to roll your r,” I instructed. We were sitting on my bed in the new hotel at Cape Town only a few days away from our match against Portugal. Ivy looked beautiful sitting cross legged on the bed, her hair lose about her and concentration written across her face.

“I know.” I had been teaching Ivy Spanish for a few days now since she was going to need it when she moved to Madrid. She was a fast learner and she was remembering a lot of what she had studied in her High School Spanish class.

“Then why aren’t you doing it?”
“You know you are not a very patient teacher,” Ivy pointed out.

“I am very patient,” I insisted. “Now use your tongue correctly.”

“Are we interrupting something important?” Andres Iniesta asked as he walked into my room with his girlfriend, Anna.

Following them was Sergio, “You really need to work on your dirty talk Iker.”

I swore in Spanish at him and then said, “Is there a particular reason you are bothering us?”

“Nope,” Andres replied casually sitting on David’s bed with Anna beside him. Sergio decided to lie out on my bed and ignoring me, laid his head on Ivy’s lap.

“Is Iker being nice to you?” Sergio looked up into Ivy’s eyes. “Because you could leave him and come to me.”

“You have a girlfriend Sergio,” Ivy reminded him with laughter in her eyes. I, on the other hand, was not amused; I had the strange urge to fling Sergio out the window for touching her.

“We will keep it our little secret,” Sergio whispered like the two were conspirators.

“What secret my love?” came Nani’s voice. Sergio jerked upright and opened wide his arms.

“Mi Amor!” he cried.

Nani snorted, “Not today.”

“You know I love only you.” Sergio stood and approached his girlfriend as she crossed her arms. “You are my everything!” She proudly lifted her chin but that only gave Sergio access to her neck which he used to full advantage. Kissing, laughing, and playful hitting followed before they were once again reconciled.

I chuckled at the display. Those two had the strangest relationship around but it worked. Sergio was a flirting machine, when there was a beautiful woman around he was right next to her but despite that we all knew he would never cheat and it was harmless. Most women he had dated in the past were like him but did end up cheating or not understanding Sergio. Nani was the only one that comprehended his nature.

“They are very strange.” Ivy leaned into me and I almost didn’t hear her when her vanilla sent invaded my nose. I couldn’t seem to talk but luckily Andres bailed me out.

“You haven’t seen anything yet.”

“Time is a wasting girls!” yelled Clara joyfully entering the room as well. Cesc’s girlfriend was always very cheerful and sometimes didn’t make sense when she talked.

“Why is it being wasted?” Anna asked looking at her friend.

“Because we are having a girls day out,” Olalla explained walking to sit next to Ivy.

“Where are we going?” said Ivy. All I could think about was how many more people could fit into this room. It was starting to get a little crowded.

“We’re going--.” Fernando’s girlfriend was interrupted by a new voice.

“What is all the commotion?” Patricia entered the room holding hands with her husband, David. When she spotted Sergio and Nani not to mention the energetic Carla and she smiled knowingly, “I see.”

“Can I never come to my own room and be alone?” David grumbled. “Iker’s always locking the door so I can’t sleep here, if I enter without knocking, he and Ivy are making out, and now this!”

“Shut up David,” I said grinning despite myself. I wrapped my arm around Ivy’s shoulder and pulled her close. It wasn’t for any particular reason it was just that I liked touching her and I loved the way she melted against me when I did.

“It’s true! I don’t think I’ve slept in the bed assigned to me this whole tournament.”

“And it’s not over yet,” put in Carla with a smile.

David turned to her, “Shouldn’t you be with Cesc?”

“I have escaped the bonds of enslavement from him and I’m taking all the girls with me,” Carla grinned practically hopping in place.

“What bonds?” Cesc strolled in and gave his girlfriend a kiss.

“For the love of Christ! No more people can fit in this room!” David threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

“Calm yourself or you’ll have a stroke,” Andres said.

“Strokes are for old people,” David snapped.

“And your point is?” Sergio couldn’t help adding.

“So where are we going?” Ivy repeated her question to save Sergio from the evil glare David was shooting him.

“Oh yes! I almost forgot,” Carla said. “We are treating ourselves to manicures!” All the women greeted this statement with enthusiasm.

“And who is going to take care of the kids?” asked David.

Patricia patted his arm, “I’m sure you strong men can handle a few hours.”

“Bye Iker,” Ivy smiled giving me a kiss before joining the other women as they linked hands and left. I was glad that she had quickly become friends with the women and was comfortable with them. However, right now I wanted to be near her. Seeing her leave even when I knew she was going to be back gave me a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I reclined back in my bed and folded my arms behind my head as I stared at the ceiling. The conversation of the remaining guys swirled around me but I didn’t pay any attention. I was fixed on the sensation I was feeling in my heart and the thought that had suddenly yet powerfully popped into my head.

It was crazy! Insane! Unthinkable!

Yet it didn’t sound crazy or insane and I was definitely thinking about it. It was there buzzing controllably in my mind and the more I thought about it the more sense it made and the strong the need came to carry it out. Then just as suddenly as it had entered my head I made up my mind.

“David,” I sat up. “Will you help me with something?”

*Ivy POV*

“Why exactly are we treating ourselves?” I said fixing my hair in a hall mirror and making sure I looked alright. Following the Spanish team insured that you were photographed by the paparazzi and because of who I was it was making them even more interested in catching pictures of Iker and me.

“For having to put up with the stress on the shoulders of the men in our lives and traveling all over this country so they can kick a ball around.” Anna replied.

“You’re telling me, Sergio is always talking about football and doesn’t seem to be interested in having sex with me.” Nani was a very straight forward person and in the couple days I had meet her had started to get use to it but I couldn’t help the blush that spread across my cheeks. Most of the women around nodded their heads in agreement.

“Nani, you’ve made Ivy uncomfortable!” Olalla chided as we piled into the elevator.

“I’m fine,” I said but the red didn’t leave.

“Of course you are! You’re still getting action from Iker.” Nani looked at me enviously and I got even redder. The discussion thankfully died away when we entered the lobby and all saw the mob that awaited us outside.

As soon as they caught sight of us from a distance the lights started flashing. The hotel security carved out a path for us and when we got to the doors were able to briskly walk into the waiting taxi. It was still a long walk there with most of the cameras and questions aimed my way. At that moment I was really glad that I wasn’t claustrophobic because they were pressing very close in their frenzy. The taxi was large enough to fit all of us in and Olalla told the driver where to go.

“I’ve never seen them that crazy!” Patricia said slumping back in her seat when they were away from the camera lenses.

“Sorry, I think it’s my fault.” I wished it wasn’t but I knew the truth.

“Don’t worry about it Ivy, we’re strong women and can deal with silly little journalist,” Nani said in support.

We arrived in ten minutes and were greeted warmly by the owners of the nail place. I had never gotten a manicure usually just doing it myself. When I said so to the others they looked horrified.

“We will remedy this quickly,” Carla said dragging me over to where all the nail polish was laid out. After selecting a deep red color I was seated next to all the girls while I was hand massaged and given star treatment. It was a little awkward because I had always hated doing nothing when someone else did something for me, I felt like a snob but it was soothing and the employee seemed happy to be there and able to talk once and a while with some of the WAGs.

“So tell us all about how you meet Iker,” Nani fixed her eyes on me.

“Yes, we’re all dying to know,” Anna added.

“It’s not interesting or anything, it was on the plane over here,” I said. They weren’t satisfied with that so I told them the story.

“I think it’s so romantic,” Carla said dreamily. “Like Romeo and Juliet.”

“Are you suggesting that they are both going to commit suicide?” Anna teased.

“No! Never!” Carla looked horrified.

“So tell me what it’s like to be…you.”

“You mean WAGs?” Patricia clarified and I nodded.

“It’s a pain in the butt,” Nani responded. “Your life is surrounded by football twenty four seven, the fanatic paparazzi stalk you, girls want you dead because they want your man, you traveling all the time…”

“…but at the end of the day you don’t care because you get to curl up with the one you love,” Olalla ended. They each smiled at each other in a way that made me aware that there was a certain sisterhood between them—and now me—that came with dating a footballer. They supported each other and were there for one another in the most difficult of times.

I realized as we all chatted together that being a WAG was much more then a person thought. It wasn’t all about the glamour. Sure that was a huge part but I realized that they bought the expensive clothes, set the trends, were seen about town to help their men’s image. They knew one slip up from them would reflect on their husbands and boyfriends and they were not about to let it happen. I found myself in awe of their strength and dedication to the team and their men.

When I had first arrived to the Spanish camp I hadn’t been sure what was expected of me. Unlike with the Swiss team I didn’t need to help the coach or copy notes. My job was in a way harder then that, I had to be reflect well in the press for Iker’s sake and I had to be there for him when he was stressed or nervous. I was his lifeline to reality.

*Iker POV*

I arrived back at my hotel room with David and his kids ten minutes before the girls returned. I quickly pocketed the object on my bed when the door opened but it was only Patricia.

“Did they behave?” she asked her husband as she lifted her youngest child, Olaya in her arms.

“You know they’re angels like me,” David grinned giving his wife a quick peck on the cheek.

Patricia’s eyebrows rose, “That’s why I asked.”

“They were great,” I said standing. “Very helpful.”

Patricia gave the both of us suspicious glances, “What did you do?”

“Nothing,” David and I replied in unison. Patricia didn’t believe us for a second and looked down at her other child, Zaida who was playing with a Barbie on her father’s bed.

“Where did Daddy and Uncle Iker take you today sweetheart?” she asked.

Zaida looked up and smiled at her mother, “I can’t say. Daddy and Uncle promised me a new Barbie if I kept it a secret.”

Patricia looked at the two of us and pursed her lips, a sure sign of anger. “How dare you bribe our daughter David Villa Sanchez! What kind of lesson are you teaching her!?”

“I think I’ll go see what Ivy is up to.” I tried to make good my escape but Patricia called out to me.

“I’ll have words to say to you after I’m done with my husband.” I could only hope that she had no energy left after she dismembered David. I strolled down the hall and opened Ivy and Nani’s room to find Ivy alone. At the moment she was trying to drink a bottle of water and was having a hard time doing so because she held it in her palms and in a way in which she didn’t use her fingers.

“What are you doing?” I was trying not to laugh at this odd display. Ivy gasped in surprise but managed not to drop the bottle or spill water down the front of her shirt.

“Iker! You scared me.” Ivy put the bottle down on the table but still wouldn’t curl her fingers around it. She turned back to me and held her hands up in front of her like a zombie.

“Ivy what’s wrong?” I tilted my head to the side and redoubled my efforts not to laugh at her.

“It’s nothing,” Ivy responded. “I just feel like I’ll ruin my nails if I touch anything.” That did it, a laugh burst out of my mouth. Ivy slapped my arm in indignation but then realized what she had done and hastily examined her nails for any damage which only made me laugh harder.

When I was able get words out coherently I said, “Cariño they are dry by now.”

“I don’t think so.” I took one of her hand in mine and gently touched her nail.

“See? Your nails are safe.”

“My hero,” she said with a smile. “So what do you think of them?” She wiggled her fingers in my hand and I saw the deep red almost brown on her nails.

“They are beautiful.” I lifted her hand to my lip and pressed a kiss on her knuckles. I flipped her hand over in mine and then did the same thing to her palm. I heard her sharp intake of breath and moved to her wrist, kissing her right over her racing heartbeat. I let go of her hand and let mine tangle in her hair as I lowered my head to kiss her. I had only just placed my lips over hers when we were interrupted.

“You see! This is why I’m envious,” Nani said walking in with Sergio. We broke apart and I sighed in annoyance.

“What? You want to kiss Iker?” Sergio frowned.

“Yes that’s it genius,” Nani said sarcastically. She didn’t elaborate on why she was jealous but I could tell that Ivy knew what she had been talking about. “Get ready we’re going out.”

“All of us?” I asked.

She nodded, “The whole team including the kids and women are going on a field trip.”

“Why?”

“Who knows? When Del Bosque wants something I just do it,” Sergio responded.

“We’re going on a safari,” Nani explained. “Del Bosque wants to try to relax the team and have fun.”

“Whose idea of relaxing is putting you in the direct path of a killer lion?” Sergio joked. “I guess to coach it would be fun to have us run with a lion chasing us.” Having delivered the news to us they went to tell the rest of the team.

“Why is it that when we go out there is always the possibility of a lion coming after us?” Ivy mused.

I chuckled, “I told you I will protect you and in the small chance it gets past me you can run fast.” Ivy turned around and rummaged through her drawers. “What are you looking for?”

“My gym shoes, I can’t run away from a killer lion in heels.”

*Ivy POV*

I really wasn’t sure what the coach was thinking when he had decided to have this little outing. There were so many of us that when we arrived to the site we were split into four groups and then were piled into the waiting vehicles. They were not on the big side and they didn’t even have something separating us from danger! There was a small bar so you didn’t fall out and a cloth over us incase it rained or to protect us from the sun and that was it, we were open for all the animals to kill us.

Iker took a seat in the back and sat on the outside to protect me while I sat in the middle of him and Pepe Reina, a goalkeeper and someone I hadn’t talk to much. The rest of us consisted of Cesc, Carla, Gerard, Jesus, Andres, Anna, and Xabi. We still had some room to be comfortable yet I couldn’t help thinking that we might tip over if the driver took a turn too fast. The driver got into his seat and the guide stood in front of us as the cars started to move. I was scared the little man was going to go flying out the car but he maintained his footing with ease.

“Welcome to South Africa and all the wonders she has to offer,” the guide said spreading his arms to make us take in the beautiful, rugged landscape. “Today you will see sighs that will have you weeping and thanking God for the miracles he placed on this earth.”

Just when I was beginning to think that this was starting to sound like a sermon Pepe whispered in my ear, “Speaking of thanking someone, I believe that you owe me one.”

“For what?” I said softly back as the guide continued talking.

“I was the one that taught Iker his English.”

“That’s bull and you know it,” Iker cut in leaning forward so he could see Pepe.

“You were pathetic before you meet me,” Pepe grinned.

Iker rolled his eyes, “You were almost as bad as me.”

“Not true!” Pepe cried a little louder than he should have.

“Is there a problem?” asked the guide giving the three of us a stare that made us all feel like chastised students at school.

Instead of saying no like a sane person does Pepe replied, “Yes, Iker says that I didn’t teach him English.”

“You didn’t,” Cesc said turning around in his seat. “I did.”

“Oh please,” Iker rolled his eyes once again and put his arm behind my seat, laying his hand on my left shoulder. When I laid against him my side encountered something hard in his jacket pocket, “Sorry.” I didn’t even see what it was that was how fast he took it out and put it in his other pocket. Before I could ask what it was the argument continued.

“You all know it was me!” Jesus raised his hand.

Iker chuckled, “I didn’t know you till a year ago.”

“Boys! Why in the world are you arguing about this?” I asked raising my voice to be heard above the commotion.

The guys exchanged looks, “Don’t really know.”

Anna looked at the guide, “Just ignore them and please continue.”

For the next half hour, we journeyed around the land spotting elephants, giraffes, gazelles, and all sorts of other fascinating creatures—but no snakes thank goodness! The boys managed to be serious some of the time although they cracked a lot of jokes under their breath. It was like being in high school all over again with the boys in the back causing trouble, even Iker joined in. It was here that I learned an extraordinary fact, Pepe was even more crazy and hyper than Sergio—that was saying something. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t noticed him until today. He couldn’t stop laughing, joking, dancing, and talking. I found myself caught up in his joy of life, laughing and smiling along with him.

“Shit!” cried Gerard, breaking the peace of the late afternoon. “Is that a lion?”

“Where?!” Jesus questioned excitedly.

“I see it too,” Xabi exclaimed as he pointed to the right…were Iker and I were sitting! Just great, I thought to myself as I nestled against Iker. Screw snakes, lions were now my worst fear!

“Relax Ivy,” Iker wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head against his chest while not taking my eyes off the approaching predator. “It won’t come closer.”

“It’s coming closer!” Pepe was way too happy about this fact than he should have been. I gave Iker an accusing glare and looked over at the guide who was looking worried and talking fast to the driver.

“This doesn’t look too good.” Andres’s comment mad me want to scream. You just do not say that when a killer mammal is getting close to your car!

“Why can’t it go after another car?” asked Carla also holding on for dear life to her boyfriend.

“Listen, did anyone bring food aboard the car?” the guide asked. We all said no, we had been instructed to leave all that behind. “You sure? Because Nela the lion loves apples.”

I groaned and meet Iker’s dark eyes, his were laughing mine were not.

“Throw Iker out the car,” I suggested.

“Hey!” cried Iker letting go of me.

“What it’s all your fault you apple-smelling-man!”

“So that’s what the apples were about!” yelled Cesc in triumph. Nela the lion decided to yawn at that moment and we were all greeted by extremely sharp teeth. She was about twelve feet away from the car and moving closer. The guide tried to scare her off but to no avail.

“Maybe if we all be quite she will go away,” the guide suggested and made the driver cut the engines.

“Do you think she’ll climb into the car?” asked Jesus even after the guide had said to shut up.

“I sure hope so!” Pepe said cheerfully.

“She is a magnificent creature,” Iker added.

“How big to you think her teeth are?” wondered Gerard.

“If you don’t shut up I’m throwing you all out of the car as a distraction and driving away from here as fast as possible,” I said through clenched teeth.

“I’m with Ivy,” Anna responded.

“Party poopers,” Pepe sighed but they all grew quite. Nela came within a few inches of the car and sniffed the air. I grabbed Iker’s arm afraid she would be fond of what he smelled like—can’t say I blame her—and drag him away from me. Luckily, she seemed to get bored and left us in peace. The guide thought better of showing us anything else since we attracted dangerous animals and made the driver go back to where the Spanish bus was.

“You’re not allowed to eat apples anymore,” I told Iker as I took his hands. “And I’m telling your coach that this was the farthest thing from relaxing.”

*Iker POV*

I was standing in the tunnels looking ahead as I ran my hand through my hair in nervousness. Not only was I going against a great team and one of my best friends, there was also Ivy in the stand right now watching me. Not to mention the object that was in my jacket pocket in the locker room that was taking up most of my thoughts these days. Sergio was behind me in the line called out encouragement to the team and then we were out and onto the green field. Our national anthem was first and the guys gathered close. I looked off into the stands and tried to pick out Ivy, finding her next to all the other girls and I couldn’t help a slight smile at seeing her wearing my country’s colors. She looked hot.

We shook hands with the Portuguese team and then I went to exchange our colors with Cristiano. We shook hands and smiled at each other. It was good to see him again but I couldn’t help the little sting of jealously that went through me when I thought of my xbox match with Ivy and her love of him. When the sides on the field were decided I shook hands with all the officials and then hugged Cristiano.

“Good luck man,” I said to him.

“You too,” Cristiano smirked. “We’ll talk more after the game.”

The game started and the first twenty minutes there were only a few saves I had to make. Then there was a powerful shot and I had to punch it up and away. Five minutes later Portugal was awarded a free kick and Cristiano stepped up to take it. I yelled at my team to get into position and watched Cristiano. Being my teammate and close friend we had practice together many times which made me understand his style of kicking better but that also meant he had studied my goalkeeping which made for a confusing mess in my head. Stand where he usually kicks or the other side because he knew that I knew his style? Can anyone say confusing? In the end I took a deep breath and placed my hands on my knees. The shot came and all I could do was place my body in front of it because it was dipping and swerving, making it hard for me to catch it. Gerard managed to clear it and play settled down a little. There was one scare before half time in which I had to run up and clear the ball but the whistle blew and it was still scoreless.

We ran into the dressing room and Del Bosque just talked about strategy and keeping Cristiano contained. It was short and we found ourselves back on the field moments later. The Portuguese were talking their time getting out of the locker rooms. I didn’t know if they were late or just trying to make us nervous. If the latter was their intention they would de disappointed, I watched the guys calmly kick the football around and chuckled. As for me it gave me some time to watch Ivy in the crowd. She was talking to Nani beside her but must have felt me watching her because she turned. I smiled when she blew me a kiss but was distracted from her by the entrance of the Portuguese.

The rest of the game was a blur until David scored a goal in the sixty-third minute. The goalkeeper managed to block the initial kick but the persistence of David made the ball hit the crossbar and bounce in. I cheered the guys as I say them celebrate. After, David and Sergio almost scored but when the game ended it was with the Spanish on top with a win of 1-0. We were going on to the Quarterfinals! I jogged over to my teammates and hugged them, exchanging happy words. I then shook hands with the Portuguese and approached Cristiano.

“I almost thought you had me a few times there,” I said slapping his back.

Cristiano shook his head, “Nay Iker, almost nothing gets past you.”

“I’m sorry you have to go home like this.”

“Better losing to you than some other team that doesn’t deserve it,” Cristiano smiled. “Congrats, you earned it.”

“Thank you,” I said to my friend as we walked into the tunnel.

When the cameras were directed elsewhere Cristiano asked, “So what’s this I hear about a Swiss girlfriend?”

Cristiano loved talking about women so of course he was wondering what was going on in my love life. I pointed at him, “Under no circumstance are you allowed near her.”

Cristiano grinned.

*Ivy POV*

I hummed cheerfully in my room as I checked my email. I was so happy with the Spanish win as well as having Iker introduce me to Cristiano Ronaldo. The Cristiano Ronaldo! One of my favorite players of all time, plus it didn’t hurt that he was hot. I smiled at the thought that even if Ronaldo was said to be the hottest footballer alive he couldn’t hold a candle next to Iker. I had had to concentrate very hard on listening to Ronaldo when all I wanted to do was kiss Iker senseless. There was just something about the way he looked all disheveled and dirty after the game that made him irresistible. Not that Ronaldo wasn’t nice and funny, I had enjoyed meeting him very much but I couldn’t help thinking that Iker had looked a little mad. The door burst open, startling me and making me type random letters on my keyboard.

“Ivy you have to go talk to Iker,” Nani wasted no time saying.

“What?” I said confused. “What’s wrong with him?”

“He is pissed as hell.”

“Because?”

“How should I know?” Nani grabbed me and hauled me to my feet. “When he is one of those moods you do not talk to him.”

“Where is he?” I asked worriedly.

“At the pool,” Nani replied. “That’s where he always goes when’s mad.”

I didn’t ask anything else but raced downstairs, something was wrong with Iker and I had to help him. I entered the pool room to find it empty of everyone but Iker. On one end of the pool I could see some of his clothes laying on the floor within reach from inside the water. Iker was currently swimming a lap. He was close enough to the side that when he passed me I touched his back to get his attention. He lifted his head up and shaking his wet hair from his face looked up at me.

“Ivy.” Iker’s tone when he said my name was strange like he couldn’t decide if it was a curse word or not.

“Iker what’s wrong?” I asked concerned over the blank look he gave me.

“Do you like Cristiano?” his question shocked me. I sat at the edge of the pool making sure not to get wet.

“Iker what has this got to--?”

“Just answer it,” Iker said in a strong voice as he straightened. He was in the shallower end of the pool so the water only came up to his waist, exposing his upper half to me. I couldn’t respond because my mouth went dry, he was gorgeous. Being wet agreed with him because all his biceps and pecs were glistering and tempting me beyond reason. I had seen him naked before but the sight of him in his swimming trunks was turning my brain to mush. I had no defense against this man. God I love his six pack, I thought dreamily as my gaze wondered lower. “I guess you do.”

“W-what was that?” I was so confused right now. Had he asked me something important? Think, think, I told myself. “Could you go back down?”

“Excuse me?” Iker frowned and I realized that it sounded like I was asking him to drown or something.

“I mean, could you maybe submerge your torso?” My eyes were still mapping out his perfect arms, those were my weakness, if a guy had nice arms I was toast. With Iker’s job involving so much arm movement it was just cruel to me.

“You want me to go underwater when you admitted that you like Cristiano?” Iker said coldly. He crossed his arms and that gave me a small reprieve to gather my thoughts together. Wait, had he just said I liked Ronaldo?!

“Are you insane? I never said such a thing!”

“Well you didn’t deny it!”

“You idiot! What the hell gave you that idea?”

“When I introduced you to him you couldn’t keep your eyes off him!” Iker shouted his eyes turning black with passion, only this time it was the angry kind.

“Iker you are the blindest man alive!” I was screaming at this point. How dare he be mad at me for no reason but jealousy! Although I have to admit that I small part of me was flattered. “If I hadn’t looked at Cristiano I would have dragged you in a corner and had my way with you which would not have been good for your image!” Iker’s mouth actually dropped. “So excuse me for distracting myself by trying to get to know your friend, who is very nice and attractive but nothing compared to you!”

I was going to get up and walk away but Iker’s goalie reflexes were faster. He grabbed me around the middle and mindless of my clothes drew me into the water.

“Iker! My clothes!” Not only was this outfit new I was wearing a white shirt that was sure to become transparent when wet. Iker didn’t pay attention to my pushing hands as he swam us towards the deep end. My predictions came true because I heard Iker suck in a lungful of air and looked down to see my red bra perfectly outlined. “No looking!” I tried to put my hands in front of my chest but he pinned one of them against my side and intertwined our other hand.

“Lo siento mi amor,” he whispered into my ear.

“I don’t accept your apology,” I said stubbornly while trying not to moan when he started kissing his way up my neck. I almost tilted my head back but managed not to and instead shoved him away from me. “When you have a problem with me you don’t sulk in a pool, you come talk to me.”

“I have learned my lesson nena,” Iker said solemnly. “It was the thought of you liking anyone but me that drove my mind crazy, I love you too much.”

“I love you Iker and only you. When I say I like other football players it will never mean more than you,” I stated as he took me back in his arms. “You will always be number one but right now I am not too pleased with you.”

“I know.” Iker continued running his strong hands into my wet hair.

“Stop, I am still mad,” I said it as much to remind myself as him.

Iker smirked, “You are hermosa when you are mad.”

I gave in, seriously what was a girl to do. The next few minutes were spent in absolute bliss. I would not have been surprised to see steam rise out of the pool at the smoldering kiss Iker gave me. When he finally let me breath I was glad he didn’t let me go because at that moment my brain was in jumbles and I wouldn’t have remembered how to swim and sunk to the bottom.

“We should argue more often,” I said breathlessly and Iker threw his head back and laughed. We were at the edge of the pool close to Iker’s clothes so I grabbed onto the side. Iker seemed to be gazing at me more keenly than usual his eyes studying ever inch of me. “Are you alright Iker?”

“I’m fine I just…” Iker took a deep breath. “We’ve known each other for less than three weeks and already a feel like I would die without you.” I moved closer to him and put my hands around his neck. “I love you more than my next breath and more even than winning the World Cup. I want to be with you always, every second of every minute. I know I sound cheesy but you make my heart beat faster every time you enter a room.” I smiled lovingly at him to let him know that it was exactly how I felt for him. “Our relationship has been fast, kiss on our first date, sleeping together about a week later, showing we were a couple the next, heck the way we’re going it wouldn’t shock me if we had a baby in nine months.” Iker joked and paused to run a hand through his hair. He looked at me in determination as he reached into the pocket of his jacket to take out a small box. “What I’m trying to say is would you consider doing another thing fast with me…” Iker opened the box to reveal a diamond ring that sparkled. “…Will you marry me?”