Olive and Arrow

Arrow Four

“Hey we’re going out tonight.” Joe told me as he walked into my room where I was strumming on my guitar.

“Where?” I asked continuing to strum my guitar, Joe took a spot next to me.

“Well Adrian invited me to get some food without the parents, So I decided to ask you if you could come and Adrian asked Colton.”

‘I don’t know…”

“Annie’s coming.” Joe cut me of. He smirked at me when I perked up before walking out the door. “We leave in five minutes.” He yelled back at me, I jumped of my bed and ran to quickly freshen up before grabbing my phone. “We’re leaving.” Joe called out to whoever was around. Joe smirked at me before walking out the door and to the elevator. “So Adrian and I saw you and Annie in the water today.” He spoke as we waited for the elevator. I turned to look at him.

“She’s nice.” He smiled. “And pretty.” He laughed. “Did you know that she didn’t know who we were?” Joe nodded his head smiling still.

“Nick I get it you like her.” I jumped into the elevator just as my phone started to ring, I smiled as I saw Miley flash across the screen. I pressed the small green button as Joe pressed the elevator button.

“Miles hey.” Joe looked at me as I said Miley. She let out a laugh.

“Nick, Liam and I are on our way to the Bahamas’ we shouldn’t be too long maybe like fifteen minutes away and I want to meet your pretty little girlfriend.” Her voice filled my ears.

“Miles I don’t have a girlfriend.” She let out a laugh.

“Yes you do, I’ve seen the pictures, The girl with the brown hair, green eyes.” I took a breath. “Come on Nick I saw ‘the look’ you like her and I’ll be seeing you soon.” I sighed as she hung up.

“Miley’s coming, She thinks im dating Annie.” Joe started to laugh. “Bro cut it out.” I groaned Joe looked at me his lips quivering. I sighed motioning for him to get his laughing out.

“God wait until Nicole and Selena find out their going to be mad, I mean their basically in love with you.” He placed a hand on my shoulder. “But we’ll all protect her, Miley and Liam included.” He smiled causing some of my worry to disappear. Joe patted my back as we hoped out of the elevator and made our way out into the lobby. A smile made it’s way to my face as I saw Annie standing with her brothers a dress hanging loosely of her small frame. She looked up her eyes meeting mine a smile making its way to her lips while her hand gave us a small wave, Adrian and Colton noticed us waving as well, I grabbed Joe’s arm and pulled him towards them. “Hey guys.” Joe greeted them giving Annie a hug while doing the official man hug to Colton and Adrian. I smiled hugging Annie after Joe before ‘man hugging’ Adrian and Colton.

“So, Shall we go?” Adrian asked us, We all nodded and started to make our way through the hotel looking for a place to stop and have some dinner, I walked beside Colton Annie trailing behind us, Joe and Adrian in front of us. Colton and I were talking about baseball while Joe and Adrian were checking out the girls in front of us. I turned to ask Annie a question when only to find her not behind us.

“Cole, Annie’s gone.” He stopped as soon as I said the words. “Tell Joe and Adrian I’m going to go look.” I yelled running backwards, I looked around trying to find her not catching sight of her. I was panicking when I finally saw her being pulled towards the beach, I ran towards her stopping when I saw an unknown boy holding her. “Annie.” I yelled causing the boy to stop pulling her. I ran up to them grabbing Annie by her waist. “You okay?” I asked softly.

“Mate let her go.” The unknown guy growled at me, I shook my head pushing Annie behind me, He let out a chuckle. “You shouldn’t have done that.” He threw a punch at me, Hitting me on the jaw I groaned in pain as Annie gasped.

“Chris don’t.” She cried out grabbing my arm, Chris just smirked and punched me again. “Stop please stop.” She begged he looked at her as I laid on the sand.

“Come with me and I’ll leave him alone.” He smirked, Annie looked down at me before looking up, She nodded her head and walked closer to him, He smirked down at me. “Don’t bother mate, Just stay down.” He gripped Annie’s arm causing her to yell out in pain before he started to pull her away. He’s not going to win I ran up behind them tackling Chris to the ground throwing a punch at him as he rolled to face me. Chris moved his arms wildly his right fist smacking Annie on her cheek, His ring causing a small cut to arise, She gasped falling backwards I looked at her asking if she was okay, She nodded silent tears moving down her street.

“Leave her and me alone.” I hissed at him as I punched him again. He shook his head, I gripped his shirt and punched him once more. “Do you want to repeat that?” He shook his head no.

“NICK.” I heard Miley call before I was flipped over Chris punching me, The weight on my thighs was removed as Liam picked Chris up restraining him. I nodded in thanks before running to Annie, She flinched as I went to touch her cheek where she’d been hit. She looked at me scared of me.

“I’m not going to hurt you I promise.” I whispered, She nodded her head still looking at me, I reached out and helped her stand up, Liam looked at me then Chris. “I think we should let the police handle with him.” Liam let out a laugh before kissing Miley’s cheek and telling us he’d be back. “Can you call Joe please tell him where we are.” She smiled sympathetically at the two of us before walking a little bit away. “Are you okay?” I whispered loud enough so Annie could hear me, She nodded her head, I brought my hand slowly to touch her cheek my eyes staying locked with hers, More tears fell slowly from her eyes as I did so. It broke my heart to see her like this, I took my hand away and pulled her into me, Letting her sob into my chest. I placed a kiss atop of her head before looking around to try to find Adrian, Colton and Joe. Miley walked back to us looking between the two of us.

“Their on their way.” She smiled looking at Annie who’s head was still tucked into my chest.

“Thanks Miles.” She nodded her head before looking around trying to spot their small group.

“Here they are.” She waved to the group who’d stopped taking a minute to look for us, When they noticed Miley the were running towards us again. Colton reached us first his arms pulling Annie of me before he started to hug her and look over her body for any marks, His eyes glared on the cut on her cheek. I noticed Liam started to make his way back over to us.

“Adrian?” He asked confused, Adrian smiled slightly, Liam looked at Annie. “Shit.” He whispered Adrian only nodded his head, Liam was starting to grow angry. Miley walked over to him and hugged him.

“Who did this?” Colton hissed at me motioning to her cheek then her arm where a bruise had started to rise.

“The guy his name was Chris.” I stuttered out,

“Collie.” Annie whispered. “I don’t feel to good.” She whimpered before her body went slack in his arms.

I groaned in pain as my mother dabbed a washcloth over my cut lip wiping away all the blood, She shook her head before placing it back in the sink. “I can’t believe you got into a fight Nicholas. You of all people.” She finished with another sigh.

“He was hurting her mom.” She looked up from wringing the washcloth out. “He hurt her and it broke my heart.” Tears started to fall from my eyes as I spoke. My mother pulled me into her allowing me to cry into her chest. She stroked my hair while whispering sweet comforting things into my ear. When I pulled away from her she shook her head wiping away my tears.

“Go.” She whispered, I was lost. “Go see her Nicholas, Go make sure she’s okay.” She smiled, I kissed her cheek before running out of the room and down to where Colton and Adrian had taken her. I arrived in record time knocking on the door, When it opened Adrian smiled weakly at me. He stood back allowing me to walk in, His hand stopped me from walking into the bedroom after he closed the door, I turned to him.

“Thank you.” He spoke his eyes and voice were sincere. “Did she tell you who he was?” I shook my head no. “He’s her ex-boyfriend, He tried to rape her Nick three times every time he tries he’s getting closer. Thank you so much for finding her although you probably shouldn’t have fought him.” He chuckled looking at my split lip.

“She’s worth it.” Adrian meet my eyes again as I spoke.

“Just take it slow with her okay.” I nodded my head. “She’s special.” He added in before taking a breath. “Come on, She should be waking up.” I nodded and followed him into the room where her parents and Colton were sitting around her watching her silently as she slept. Everyone looked to me as I stepped into the room, Mrs. Wilson getting up and running to me pulling me into a hug.

“Thank you so much Nicholas.” She whimpered still hugging me, I hugged her back telling her it was nothing. She squeezed me once more before walking back over to the bed, The phone rang causing all of us to jump, Colton reached over and had a conversation.

“Mom, Dad we all need to go down to hotel security.” He sighed getting up.

“We can’t leave her here.” Adrian replied grabbing her hand, Everyone was silent as I jumped in.

“I’ll stay.” I voiced, They all turned to me. “I mean if it’s okay with you, I’ve already been to security, So I won’t need to go again.” Mr. Wilson nodded his head.

“You call me as soon as she wakes Nicholas.” He grabbed and pen and piece of paper and scribbled his number down, He kissed Annie’s forehead before walking past me handing me the paper with a stern look. I nodded my head as he walked past me his family following. Colton stopped staring at his sister.

“I’ll look after her.” I whispered so he could hear me.

“Thanks.” He smiled before walking out with his family, I walked over and sat beside her on the bed, I sighed and picked up a pen and paper, Watching her I started to write a song.

Another foggy night in London town
All the dreamers are asleep
No one understands what I have found
No, not even me

Foolishly, I fall
To the obvious pattern of it all
Carelessly, I stall
Thinking change was just a friend that never called
Tragedy's alright
When it means we count the blessings in our life
Could it be that I now stand corrected
Could it be that I now stand affected by this blinding light
Ohhh
Blinding light


I smiled as I thought of Annie as my blinding light.

Big Ben breathing down my neck again
I feel my time just running out
All this baggage that I'm carrying
It's time to lay it down
Hey

Foolishly, I fall
To the obvious pattern of it all
Carelessly, I stall
Thinking change was just a friend that never called
Could it be that I now stand corrected
Could it be that I now stand affected

A cup of tea out on my own tonight
Now I'm changing by this blinding light
Yeah


I thought about the fight I’d gotten into because Annie was in trouble I was never one to fight.

Foolishly, I fall
To the obvious pattern of it all
Carelessly, I stall
Thinking change was just a friend that never called
Could it be... that I now stand
Could it be that I change by this blinding light
Blinding light


“That was pretty.” I heard her soft voice fill the silent room. I turned to see her looking up at me, Her cut cheek still red. I moved so I could pick her up in a hug. She hugged me back her thin arms holding onto my neck.

“You scared me.” I whispered, She tucked her head into my neck placing a soft kiss on it, My neck tingled where she kissed.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered I nodded my head hugging her tighter. “Thank you for helping me Nick, You didn’t have to but you did.” She pulled back to look at me. “Why?” She asked.

“Because..” I shook my head. “It’s silly.” She shook her head before asking again. “Because I like you.” I looked down. “I like you and seeing you crying and being hurt.” I looked up at her. “It broke my heart.” I whispered, I watched as she moved to hug me. “But I don’t want to push you so don’t worry if you don’t like me back.” She shook her head.

“I do.” I looked up at her again. “I’d be crazy not to.” I smiled. “You took punches for me.” She whispered, I nodded my head.

“Maybe we can have dinner one night just the two of us?” I asked sweetly.

“I’d love that.” She smiled, I lent forward and kissed her cut cheek before hugging her tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
More comments please!