Status: Depends; hopefully active

Don't Go Away

$.$.$.10.$.$.$

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jasper’s P.O.V.

When we had reached my bike, Star had taken out her iTouch and was now currently listening to it. I heard some type of current hard rock blasting from the ear buds.

I sighed deeply before turning into the opposite direction of Jamie’s. I started picking up speed until I noticed the needle of the meter stop. Then, I slowed down a fraction.

In a mile, the road to the family’s house came up so I slowed down, so I could turn without scaring Star.

But then again, that was the least of my worries.

^^^^^^^

$.$.$.$.$.$.$.$.Star’s P.O.V.$.$.$.$.$.$.$.$

I opened my eyes to see the Cullen household once again. My jaw set in frustration before jumping off the bike and shaking my hair rocker style just so I could get rid of some of the wind blown style.

I walked a little fast to the door. Before I even had the chance to knock, Rosalie opened it. She looked glad to see me so I decided to be nice and let my face relax before smiling.

“There is definitely some damage I need to repair. Have you been crying?” She asked softly.

I was momentarily shocked but shook my head, no. “The wind from the ride made my eyes water,” I think…

“Well, turn off you iPod and let’s beautify you all over again.”

I laughed, obeying, and following her.

We went to the gigantic bathroom. Sitting in the chair, I put in my ear buds and just sat back to relax.

I allowed Rosalie to do whatever with my hair, and because of this, her fingers running through my hair made me doze off. I was shaken lightly awake and I smiled when I looked in the mirror.

I turned off my music and was about to thank Rose when my phone went off. I answered without really looking to see who it was.

“Hey baby!” A deep voice answered my ‘hello.’

“Seth?” I was stunned for a moment at hearing his voice before his deep laugh brought me back.

“No way!!!!! What’s up buddy?!” I jumped up from the chair and started moving about the bathroom.

“Just chillin’ with your family. How’s stayin’ with your mom going?”

“Great.” I muttered. “BUT, I did manage to meet some pretty cool people!” I told him excitedly.

“Send me some pics when you get the chance. Your daddy wants to talk to you,” Seth told me in a nasally voice that made me laugh.

“Hey, Buttercup!” I missed his gruff voice…

“Hey dad!” I replied happily.

“How’s Jamie?”

“Wonderful,” I replied sarcastically, “but then again I don’t care and I know you don’t either.”

My dad gave a quick laugh showing his agreement. “So, Buttercup, who sis you meet there that actually makes the trip bearable?”

“Some really cool people. I’ll snap some pictures when I get the chance and just send them to your e-mail so everyone can see them.”

Rosalie gave me a wink when our eyes met and I had to try and not laugh out of pure happiness and amusement.

“So how’s the ranch hanging on?” I asked.

Our place wasn’t really a ranch but then again it was. Kind of…

“Missin’ you, like the rest of us. Are you ready to come home anytime soon?” I could catch the hint of sorrow in my dad’s voice.

“Almost. I just have to finish some things here. Maybe a week or so.” I murmured, slightly heart-broken at not going home earlier.

I chatted a little while longer with my dad before telling him I loved him too before looking over at Rosalie. She waited till I tucked my phone in my pocket before saying, “It’s probably good that you are leaving early.”

I was kind of taken back by what she said. “What do you mean, Rose?”

She gave a small smile before just shaking her head, no. “I’m just kidding. Let’s go show everyone.”

I smiled, trying to brush of what she said but I was unsuccessful, so I just put it at the back of my mind momentarily. Rose led me out of the bathroom and down the stairs into the kitchen.

“Hang on.” Rose smirked, gliding away gracefully.

I sat down at the kitchen table, staring thoughtlessly out the window. I got myself comfortable and just stared out into the dark beauty. A hand touching my shoulder caused my head to whip up, out of shock and habit, and pull away. I saw Jasper’s sad eyes watching me.

“Sorry,” he whispered.

I shrugged showing that no harm was done and leaned back into the chair. Jasper leaned against the table and looked at me; just watching me. After a moment, I met his soft gaze and just held it.

Finally, the silence was gnawing at me. “Jasper, what do you want?”

I could have sworn he said, ‘you,’ but it was too soft to be sure and his quiet, melodic voice cut through my brief moment of curiosity and guilt. “I wanted to apologize for my actions. It was-”

I cut him off with a wave of my hand and a slow shake of my head. “It never happened.” It nearly killed me to say those three words. “We’ll just continue being contemporary friends until the day I leave. Then we can forget entirely of each other.” I kept my voice even and my face void of any emotion, even though I could feel the sorrow threaten to thicken my voice and the pain to glaze over my eyes.

Jasper nodded slowly in a thoughtful way. “No,” he finally said, meeting my eyes after a few seconds.

I stared blankly at him for a moment. “No?” I raised an eyebrow, allowing confusion to lace in the one word.

“That’s what I said.”

“Well then shed some light on your answer because I‘m dying to know.” I challenged, letting my voice to become harsh and sarcastic.

“I don’t want to forget about you when you are gone.” His voice was precise with a cool, calm undertone that startled me.

I swallowed before speaking. “And why is that, Jasper?” I challenged once again, while pushing the chair out to get up so I could try and stare him straight in the eyes.

Jasper took a step closer so our bodies were almost flush with one another. He was about to say something but my ring tone cut him off.

I took a step back and pulled it out of my pocket to see my bestest-friend ever calling me.

I answered, slightly irritated by Jasper. “Hello?”

“Are you not happy to talk to me?” I heard my bestie mock-whine from the other end.

I gave a humorless laugh. “I’m not upset to be talking to you, Katarina. I’m upset at a guy here.”

“Punch him,” she answered simply, “or I will.”

That made me laugh, because it was so like Kat. “I know you will. You’d drop him in no time but it’s all going good. I’m just frustrated with him at the moment, otherwise us two are usually on speaking terms.”

“ ‘Kay babe! Well I’ll let you get back to chewing his ass out because I have a feeling that your are or going to!!”

“Thanks Kat!!! And you no me so well!” I laughed. “Loves ya!”

“Loves ya, too!”

I hung up with her, tucked my phone in my pocket, and threw a glare at Jasper over my shoulder, before walking off.

“Hey, wait!! Where are you going?” Jasper grabbed quickly onto my arm before I was even able to leave the kitchen and I never even heard his feet hit the floor…

“What?” I whipped around, not caring about what I had just observed.

Jasper’s soft, cold hand cupped my cheeks and his mouth quickly, swiftly, but gently, covered mine. I instantly melted and let my lips work against his like this has been a daily occurrence for years.

Jasper’s lips tasted so sweet and were so soft but firm against mine. Mine just seemed to fit his perfectly; molding with his. I breathed him in for he few seconds that we kissed. But Jasper started pulling away but my arms wrapped around his waist and I pulled myself closer to him, continuing the movement of our lips.

I could feel Jasper smirk against my mouth in, I’m assuming, triumph.

Well he’s won this battle but he won’t the next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me forever to update!!!!! It's just been hectic cause I have to keep my grades up along with work and.. Bahhh!!!!!!!

So, enjoy!!!!! and Feedback is much appreciated!!! =)