Did You Have To Turn Your Back When Forever Didn't Last?

Chapter Four

I stood one step inside the door of the apartment Trace and I had shared eight and a half months ago the place was a wreck. I sighed and decided to call in the expert cleaning crew instead of doing it myself. After doing so I closed the door and moved around the place confused at how things got this bad. I ended up with my head in my hands. When the doorbell rang I moved to answer it and the cleaning began. I helped so that I could do something besides stand there and think about things. The last thing I needed was to think. I picked to go to Crimson’s old room and see what the damage was there. I opened the door to see a scary sight. It was just how I had left it that night. Maybe even better since the laundry had been done and put away and the trash emptied like he was waiting for us to come back. I smiled and shut the door and moved to the next room. This was even more terrifying then the first. Not in the way I expected either. At first I thought it was a room for Madison. But my eyes caught sight of a framed picture from Kara and my baby shower invitation. Tears swelled in my eyes. The walls were light pink and black striped. A black crib pushed against on wall that had Azure Marie in the color of her namesake painted brightly on it. The room was brilliant in a way I couldn’t imagine Trace could do. I’m not sure how he knew the baby’s name or how he got the picture. This was all one confusing mess. The door behind me opened.
“That must have been one crazy party.” The voice made me jump and my heart leap. I turned to see my big brother. I fell into his arms. I needed my brother so long ago, but him being here now was a relief. After I let go of him I checked that all of him was still intact. He had a few battle scars, but he was fine. He looked me up and down. “Look at you. All full of my lovely niece to be. Where’s Crimson?” He asked.
“Dad’s place. I had been living there for a while.” I admitted nervously running my fingers through my hair.
“What happened when I was gone? Where’s Trace?”
“It’s a long story, Cam. I’d prefer not to relive it. Can’t you have dad tell you?”
“Where’s Trace? What’d that bastard do to you?” He was angry now. I could see images of violence in his eyes.
“He is committed. He’s in rehab, Cam. Stop picturing beating him up. You know you’ll go to military jail for the rest of your life. He made some huge mistakes he will never be forgiven for. Let it rest. Please.” I sighed when his fists and teeth unclenched.
“So Azure is what you picked as a name? You going to name all your children after colors?” I smiled and nodded.
“I happen to like the name Azure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided the name for Kelsey's baby, anyone care to give me another for Kara's?
<3 Kelsey