Status: Second time around the movie rocked!!!

Sweet Dreams Arthur

Leave Him Wanting More

Legal stuff! I own nothing from the movie! The Genius Christopher Nolan does I believe! But anything new to plot & OCs are all MINE!

It is afternoon time when we entered Saito’s flat. I along with the rest of the team start setting up a tube that would pump a sedative gas into Saito’s flat. When Saito arrives he’ll walk into his apartment and 5 minutes later he’d become overwhelmed with the need to take a nap and then with just enough time to crawl into bed he’d be out cold. (AN: Ever wonder how they got Saito to take a nap in the first place? Well that’s how I’d do it!)

We worked in silence. It wasn’t tense or uncomfortable. It was a sort of a mutual understanding we don’t talk during set up. We remain focused; only communicating when we needed something.

Few minutes later Saito arrived in his private car arrived. We waited in the stair well and as if clockwork 5 minutes later we entered his flat and he was out cold sound asleep on his bed.

Nash immediately got to work set the tubes and electrodes into Saito. Then Arthur and I sat on our comfy recliner chairs comfortably positioned and ready for a kick if needed.

And Dom was situated over a tub of ice water. He was the one largely responsible for extracted the needed information. If there was trouble and we needed to get him up we’d through him into the tub. Dom was infamous for not giving up and getting himself into sticky situation. Sometimes I thought he had a death wish, but others I knew he was just too damn stubborn to not finish a job. Which was fine because a failed job equals double the enemy. It was bad enough for your mark to want you dead, but to fail meant your employer would be after you as well.

We had few failed attempts but it only took one for me to be scarred… literally forever on right hip. It was a botched up job courtesy of an angry curly haired Shade. The mess up caused an angry Mafia boss who employed us to go after us. Dom and Arthur were able to disappear but I unfortunately was found. Perhaps it was because I was female or maybe because Dom was my brother, but he specifically went after me. Whatever it was what that man did to me will forever haunt me. If I could dream then I assure you my nightmares would be filled with him.
I don’t think any of us could ever get over that. I think even with Dom’s guilt over Mal the guilt over what happen to me counterbalanced it and his subconscious stayed clear of me and at times I think protected me. He after all on any level is my Big Brother.

I don’t hold grudges however, if something in today’s job went wrong I would be more than happy to dunk my brother into the ice cold water as a payback for the impromptu shower he gave me this morning.

“Everyone ready?” questioned Nash. We let out a chorus of our affirmative confirmations that we were ready, “Alright then sweet dreams.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night time. We were in Saito’s dream world now. The star shone so bright. Had it been real and not some mark’s dream then I would have considered it even romantic. My hands itched at my sides wanting to desperately grasp Arthur’s hands which were a measly couple of inches from my own.

Though not real it had been a long time since I had the chance to just look at the stars in the night’s sky. When I was little I use to love camping outside. Living in the countryside had its advantages. Dom, Arthur, and I use to camp out every day in the Summer. Life back then seemed simpler and easier. As much and I loved my job. There were days were I missed being an innocent little girl who played in creek beds and wanted to be a Veterinarian.

But it wasn’t a Summer night in the quaint countryside. It was night time in some swanky party Saito was throwing for his clients at his mansion in the Japanese cliffs near some ocean.

I was wearing a floor length form-fitting halter red gown that crossed into a low v-shape in the front and dipped low in the back. My curly hair was left down in nice crimson waves. You’d think I would have stuck out too much, but that’s completely wrong. Saito’s dream party was filled with his male associates and their younger model girlfriends a.k.a. mistresses. I blended in perfectly it was my job to.

Arthur and Dom were dressed up in nice black suites with black ties. I guess they were going for “I’m here for the party but I am also here with a serious business proposition” look. Dom had his hair slicked black while Arthur had it in his normal sexy sophisticated gelled side sweep. Both of them pulled of their look well.

When we arrived out on the terrace we noticed a very unwanted guest Mal.

Immediately Arthur snapped at Dom “What is she doing here.” “I don’t know. It’s not like I invited her here” replied Dom. “She’s become more and more of a problem Dom. She’s been showing up to every job. We don’t need her here interfere with this. Or do I need to remind you about what happen to Savannah last time you couldn’t control her? ” Arthur Finished harshly. Dom face contorted from guilt to rage in two seconds flat.

Wow I knew that if I didn’t step in this would turn ugly. We didn’t exactly talk about that incident. It was the Cobb way. You get up dust yourself off, say your okay and it’s over. It’s how we deal. Okay, so it’s how we don’t deal. The point is you don’t drudge up old suppressed memories with us unless you’re looking for a fight.

I stepped between the two bickering men, “That’s enough Fred and Ethel.” Effectively ending the argument and probably leaving the two to wonder which one was Fred and which one was Ethel. “We have a job to do and not that long. The plan is get in and out. Dom you go talk to your bitch of a subconscious. And you Arthur get a drink or something before you and Dom are summoned to meet Saito.” Dom walked a way to Mal. As I turned to leave Arthur grabbed my arm and turned me into him and said in his sultry voice “What are you going to be doing?”

I turned my full attention to him. His hands slid from my arms to lightly holding my waist. To any one we would look like a couple having an intimate moment. But I knew he was comforting me. He was sorry for bring up a painful memory. He was looking into my eyes to see if I was ok and asking for forgiveness. I was fine and it was worth it because here he was holding me even if it is for only a few glorious moments.

I looked him in the eye and after a moment of adjusting his tie I traced hands down to his suit’s lapels. Gripping them slightly I got really close to him and giving him a playful smile I replied “I’m going to do what us single girls do best.”

Arthur pulled the confused face that I am very accustomed to. “And what’s that?” I brushed down his lapels “Honey I’m here for the party.” I grabbed a Champaign glass from a waiter nearby and walked away but not before flipping my hair back and throwing Arthur a wink over my shoulder. Effectively leaving him floored as to what the hell just happened. That’s right Savannah leave him wanting more. And with that thought I turned back with a smirk. Like I said before I was going to make it had for him to not go after me.

I walked through the party blending in melting into the party’s background. I came across the main stair case and proceeded up it. The upstairs like the rest of the house was nice with expensive modern Japanese décor as well as traditionally Japanese styles. There is a good amount of people upstairs. Most of which were on the balcony. Further down the hall I can see a room with a giant dark wood table and 2 guards were posted outside it by the room’s traditional Japanese Fusuma doors (A/N: Those are the paper sliding doors… Yea I looked up the name!).

I had a good view of the room from my position on the balcony. I looked like I was a part of the party, but I was close enough to be of help.

As I was standing in the entrance I felt a presence. It was an unwelcomed one. I just knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
End… Oh Yea not a real cliff hanger but I am trying! So who do you think it is! I am going to see the brilliant film Inception again tomorrow! I cannot wait until it comes out on DVD! For some reason in my head I felt that Cobb & Arthur’s bickering was like an old married couple i.e. Fred and Ethel Mertz from ‘I love Lucy!’