Status: Active...maybe...kinda...sorta

It's Not You. It's Me. And No! He is Not My Boyfriend!

This Joke is Getting Old

“Hey!” Mac took a seat across from me at the lunch table.

“Hi! How’s it going?”

“Ugh! Just came from religion. I’ve never wanted to shoot myself before this class. Ever.”

“Join the club,” I laughed before taking a bite from my sandwich. Most people felt the same way about religion class. Who would like a class where fifty-five minutes of your life were wasted by someone telling you how much better Jesus was than you?

“How’s Carter?” his eyes flashed quick concern. I was the only one of our friend to see him past the hospital. “I mean, have you heard anything?”

“He’s...okay. Recovering I guess. I saw him on Sunday...we’re friends again!” My tone changed to a slightly higher pitch as I finished my sentence in a plea for him to not be upset. I didn’t know why I expected him to be upset, but I just always assumed boys get jealous easily.

“That’s great!” Mac smiled widely and chirped like he was desperately trying to be happy, but his cold eyes explained it all.

“Just friends,” I added poignantly.

“I trust you,” he grabbed my hand and stroked it before quickly letting them break apart. We still weren’t ready to go public with our relationship, or what I guess was our relationship. We only went one date thus far.

“I’m glad!” I smiled widely, wanting to slap myself for being so ridiculous. Of course Mac would be cool with us being friends again. He basically was Jesus minus the whole abstinence thing of course.

I smacked my hand against my forehead in a moment of realization.

“Who won the hockey game? I can’t believe I didn’t think to ask earlier!”

“We did of course! We made like two goals in the first ten minutes. You were there for that part if you recall.”

“Hey, that doesn’t really mean anything!” I crossed my arms over my chest defensively.

Mac looked down at my finished lunch, and then looked back up at me smirking.

“Are you done?”

“Looks that way,” I half smiled at the little bits of sandwich crust that remained on the Saran Wrap. Poor little guys. The were just too dry to eat.

“Let’s go for a walk,” his smirk turned into a devious smile.

“Okay,” I smiled back, knowing that he was up to something.

***

“Look! I know where the gym is, okay? This joke is getting old!” I held up my arms angrily as we had stopped in front of the gymnasium entrance.

Mac stared at me through narrowed eyes.

“Yeah, I took you to see the gym,” he dead-panned, shaking his head sarcastically before searching the area around us to make sure no one was around. “Come on!” he beckoned me into the gymnasium.

“Mac!” I giggled as we entered the unlit gym. “We’re not supposed to-”

Before I could get any further Mac’s lips had come crashing down upon mine, relentless and wanting. And I had to admit, that I had been wanting it just as much as I licked his lips to gain access with my tongue. He happily obliged, opening his mouth for my tongue to explore. I let it run slowly along his, intertwining my hands through his hair. He pulled me close to his body, letting his hands explore up and down my back before resting on my butt. I smiled against his lips as we resumed tongueless kissing. Mac began to slowly move his hands forward and under my shirt. I knew we were standing in the empty gym, but I made no efforts to stop him. He inched up closer and closer until his hand was lying on the strap.

“Mac!” I broke away breathlessly, disappointed that I had to make it stop. “We’re in school.”

“Uh!” his face turned bright red, his eyes widened with horror and shock. “Right!” he pulled back quickly, lifting his hands up in defense and then running one through his hair. “I am SO sorry!”

I rolled my eyes at him playfully.

“It’s fine,” I strode over to him, mustering up any amount of sexiness I possessed. “I wanted it to,” I looked up at Mac through my eyelashes while running a hand across his chest.

Mac’s eyes widened as he audibly gulped. I snickered lightly to myself. It seemed as if he was just realizing what had happened. Clearly, the boy forgot his intense shyness in the midst of a passionate moment.

“Are you doing anything after school today?” he squeaked.

I giggled before replying,

“I think I can find some time between now and dinner.”

“Great!” he smiled uncomfortably, realizing he might have sounded too excited. It was cute.

“HEY!” an angry voice called from outside the gym before I could respond.

We both turned our attention to the scowling Mr. Mohoan, posing in the doorway.

“What are you two doing in here?” he demanded, placing his hands on his hips authoritatively.

“Uh...Uh…” Mac stammered, his face being able to compete with a beet.

“Sorry!” I apologized sweetly, grabbing Mac’s hand and brushing by Mr. Mohoan sheepishly. “We just needed somewhere private to talk.”

Mac nodded fervently his eyes bugging out of his head. Mr. Mohoan just stared skeptically, knowing that we most likely weren’t just talking. He wasn’t naive. Hell, he was practically hitting on some of the female students. He was well versed on the nature of high school relationships.

“Fine, but this is the last time.” he pointed a finger towards us. “You can’t be in here when you’re not in class.”

“Duly noted,” Mac bowed slightly before rushing off down the hall.

Once Mr. Mohoan was out of ear shot we burst out in laughter.

“That was nice,” I sighed, once I had been able to regain composure.

“Yeah, I just wanted a way to kiss you during school.”

“Good work,” I pecked him lightly on the cheek, it flaming underneath my lips.

I shook my head slightly as we continued back towards the locker room as if we were simply just friends. Mac was a slight mystery to me. The same guy who planned sneaking into the gym to make out during lunch, was also the guy who got completely flustered at the thought of going up a girl’s shirt. I shrugged, receiving an odd look from Mac as I had seemingly shrugged for no reason. It just amazed me that he could be so confident one minute and shy the next. At least I never had to worry about him being jealous. I smiled widely at that thought, receiving yet another puzzled look from Mac.

“What are you smiling about?” he narrowed one eye and cocked his head to the side.

“Just thinking about how great it is that you’re not the jealous type.”

“Well, just don’t go blatantly flirting with other boys, and there shouldn’t be a problem.”

“I don’t think you’ll have to worry,” I smiled widely at him and he smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for da readins. I truly appreciate it.

Now I have to holla at some commenters:
worldclass
gingerbell1
nanagoesroar
x0snowandsoccer0x
poisongirl24

Thanks ladies! You keep me going, and got me to five page of comments! It's quite exciting!

Anywho, I'm on spring break as of right now, so perhoops I shall update a bit more this week, but I'm not making any promises because mystery is the spice of life.

Enjoy my friends! <3