Status: Just starting - will be slow on the updates.

Five Years

Eleven.

Emily lifted her head from her pillow drowsy and a slow headache forming, little fitters of footsteps rushed into her room “Mummy!” Raven shook Emily her blonde curls falling into her eyes; Emily forced a smile which turned out more to be a crease of exhaustion.
“Yes dear?” she asked slowly rising from the crinkled and tight blankets which had tangled around her legs, “Can we go to London there’s a circus?” Raven shoved a piece of paper into her mothers face, her small hands shaking from excitement.

Emily’s deep eyes scanned the paper and instantly noticed the drawn picture of the person right in the middle of the page, brunette hair, tanned complexion, that worn old smile and those dazzling hazel eyes. Yes Emily Riddle had to go to that circus. “Of course darling, when does it start?” She asked finally swinging her legs over the bed touching the cold wooden floor “ten” Raven answered before snatching the paper and rushing out of the room shouting something about Jack and food.

Emily laughed at her overly excited daughter who tugged on her hand pulling this way and that.
“Miss Emily, I’m sure this event will be most exciting” Jack suggested as he was hidden close to her side – by a invisibility spell – since it was a muggles circus they would not believe the sight of a house elf, Emily’s heart leapt “okay” she smiled picking up her daughter and placing her on her hip “come on Rave, we can grab some fairy floss and go see a show” Emily kissed her daughters cheek and smiled before walking towards where the voice rang for directions.

The crowd gasped as the ring leader, called for the ‘wolf man’ Emily scoffed at such a pathetic name for it but her heart kept hammering in her rib cage threatening to break free.
Emily’s eyes caught the man’s hazel ones and his actions suddenly changed, she wasn’t sure whether it wasn’t in the act or not but from the ring leader’s facial expression – he looked suddenly angry then he bellowed “Rick!” his beer belly seemed more enormous than it already was, and his grey hair poking out of under his red hat. Patrick circled the ring leader fists bared, as if he was in a fight. Emily stood from her chair – eyes never leaving Patrick’s moving body, he was shirtless and had scars on every inch of his skin, his torso and arms looked well toned.
She bit her lip forcing herself to keep control – he’ll be okay.
The ring leader took a swing at him yelling down boy and such, Emily’s heart just hammered away in her chest.
Just as the suspense couldn’t get any worse for Emily, loud ripping sounded and Patrick the man was Patrick the werewolf, with his eyes red and his teeth showing the crowd screamed and ran out while the ring leader just stared at him and laughed “down boy, down” patting Patrick on the head, he growled and snapped at his hand but the ring leader had fast reflexes.

The ring leader backed up against the wall of the tent “Jack, please stay here with Raven” Emily instructed before kissing Raven’s head and jumping over the rail and into the ring.
Emily gulped and stood in front of Patrick “Patty, you will not harm this man. Whatever troubles you may have or how much anger you have bottled up – just let it go.” She whispered cupping the creatures large narrow face in her hands staring into his red eyes, Patrick whimpered before cracking and popping sounded and Patrick was back to himself.
“H-How…?” the ring leader stuttered and stumbled over himself, Emily left out a choked laugh “he’s my best friend with an amazing controllable gift – and you use him like a dog, consider yourself worthless because Patrick is coming home with me” Emily yelled at the large man before taking Patrick’s hand and walking with him over to where Raven was standing on the bench leaning onto the rail for support staring wide eyed at Emily.

“M-Mummy, who?” Raven asked staring at Patrick, who looked uncomfortable even looking in any direction leading to the small child.
Emily’s heart sank – he instantly recognized who her father was – but at the moment it didn’t matter.
Emily leaned down so she was eye level with her daughter “This man is a werewolf - yes there are such things and when you are old enough to go to school you will learn all about them. He won’t hurt you, so don’t be afraid. Patrick went to school with me; he was my best friend along with his… twin” Emily worded carefully but still noticed Patrick flinch, Emily instinctly placed a hand on his arm and squeezed but he just moved slightly out of her reach.

Emily chewed on her lip; it was obvious to her that Patrick had become so closed up travelling for god knows how long with these muggles.
She absent mindedly had made herself a cup of soup “ever heard of magic, Miss Muggle?” Patrick teased, “or shall I say Mrs…” he added eying Raven on the couch who was laughing at Jack Emily rolled her eyes and sipped on her soup “I’m not married – was engaged, Raven… wasn’t planned.” She chewed on her lip “I ran into Draco years ago, I was engaged I didn’t mean for it to happen – don’t you dare assume I regret having her because I don’t – I was still in college studying but I dropped out – to look after that little bundle. She’s amazing – so cheerful hardly lead, her own person already and I can’t lie to her, she won’t take it.” Emily muttered under her breathe “how long till she goes to Hogwarts?” Patrick asked suddenly nibbling his nail – which seriously needed a trim.

“Seven years, we can’t stay in London for that long … we’ll have to move soon” Emily’s brow knitted together tightly “Why?” Patrick asked his attention onto her suddenly.
Emily didn’t answer for a moment, just stared into his eyes.
“Why?” he repeated running a hand through her hair, she grabbed his wrist and pulled it from her “You will not touch me with those filthy nails” she hissed before stomping out of the room and sitting near Raven.

Patrick sighed and picked up his pack of belongings – he knew where he wasn’t wanted.
After Emily’s weird outburst he shut the door quietly behind himself – digging his nails into the nearby wall, he scratched it as he walked.
Humming softly to himself, he stopped.
Across the street – a man and a woman were fighting – bickering more like it.
A dark haired man with glasses and a red head lean woman – “WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP! YOU’RE IN PUBLIC FOR MERLINS SAKE!” Patrick suddenly bellowed – feeling all the anger and frustration he had felt over Emily suddenly dulled.
Green and brown eyes met his – he suddenly recognized the people – Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley, he clenched his jaw and stared straight into the eyes of Potter.
“What did you just say?” Harry asked his wand out, Ginny protested for him to put it away.
“Always looking for a fight ay potty?” The kid in Malfoy came out to play and he didn’t shame away from it – not when he was half drunk and nearly stumbled over a trash can to get to Patrick’s side.
“Malfoy!” Emily yelled stunned at the scene in front of her, she had came from her apartment when she heard the commotion afraid it was someone else.

“Emily?” Ginny and Harry said at the same time, Draco sighed rubbing his eyes tired – he hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep in two days. Patrick grumbled something under his breathe about ripping someone’s head off and pie. While Harry just stood there stunned unable to figure out how his ex-enemy, his ex-best friend, his girlfriend and Patrick had come into the square at exactly the same time.
“What?” Emily asked holding onto Patrick’s arm – but from Draco’s view he could see she was gripping his arm rather tightly – that made him frown.
“What are you doing here?” Harry asked stepping from Ginny’s side and to the middle of the square “Does it really matter that I’m actually back? That I haven’t had the time or effort to see you guys again? That after that one day… I over heard George saying that he doesn’t want me back. Yeah, I heard your little conversation” Emily spat bitterly, everyone stared at her stunned – all wondering the same thing When did she get so bitter?

“You think we didn’t want to hear from you?” Harry shot, Emily swayed slightly closing her eyes which was barely noticeable but Draco noticed it and stepped to steady her, holding the small of her back “are you okay?” Draco whispered into her ear, she nodded which was a lie.
“Get your hands off of her Malfoy” Patrick growled, Emily raised a hand “its fine – and to answer your question Harry, yeah… Draco said you were all happy with your lives, Hermione has Ron, You have Ginny…. George has Angelia where did I fit in with that? I with the kid, man-less… because I screwed things up” Emily whispered so quietly everyone had to strain themselves just to hear her.
“Yeah we know you screwed things up by leaving” Ginny put bluntly, Emily laughed “I didn’t screw things up by leaving – I left a long time ago.
I screwed things up by…” Emily’s eyes found Draco’s and she bit her lip not letting herself finish that question.

“Mummy!” All of their heads turned to the small shriek, Emily’s heart sank and panic kicked in but before she could re act, Patrick had already left and ran towards the direction in which Raven had called.
Emily ran after Patrick, she grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back “don’t… I’ll do it, she wanted me” Emily forced a smile before turning the corner and she couldn’t help but scream.
Raven was in the clutches of Robert – She shot out her wand and pointed it at him “put her down – this instant!” she shouted, footsteps stomped down the hall – people were shouting.
Harry, Ginny, Patrick and Draco just stood there stunned.
Emily ignored them only focusing on her daughter and her ex-fiancée’s mortal enemy.
♠ ♠ ♠
big update for the big wait :D