Status: Just starting - will be slow on the updates.

Five Years

Twelve.

Robert smirked at Emily “oh why should I put down such a cute little bundle?” he mocked, pinching Raven’s cheek. “Don’t touch her” Emily and Draco growled, Emily blinked stunned at his protectiveness, their eyes met and his were hard as concrete, within a flash both their eyes were back to Robert.
Draco pushed Robert, who was taken by surprise and stumbled, as of quick reflex Emily grabbed Raven from his grasp and as Robert turned around three wands were pointed at him.
He raised his hands slowly, before turning around to face Emily who had Raven securely in her arms “do they know?” he mocked smirking, Emily just stared “Oh, I don’t have to ask do I, they both can tell by looking at each other – well – he notices anyway” Robert licked his lips, he knew he had gotten under her skin.
He winked before saying “this isn’t over” and disappearing with a crack.

Emily squeezed her daughter happy to have her back but she needed to explain a lot of things to her friends.
Emily sat Raven on her bed “stay here, pumpkin. The grown ups need to talk” Emily kissed her little forehead and watched as she yawned and curled into a ball.
Emily shut her door shortly after casing a protection and silencing spell.
Emily met the questioning eyes of her friends, avoiding just one person.
Draco.

“H-How?” Harry was the first to speak up, Emily casted her eyes down.
“I had to come back after my studies because Brayne was getting sick so I put him on vactional leave which turned out to be retirement… I-I… W-we were very sober but had fire whiskey in our bellies which just flared up the attraction” Emily sighed sitting down “I left as soon as I found out; afraid of what Roman would do… Which I’m paying for right now” she whispered barely audio able “What does Roman have to do with anything” Ginny asked, Emily stared at the red head.
“I was engaged to him at the time… I broke it off recently; now he wants revenge and he’s going to get it” Emily gulped Draco walked up to her and hugged her.

“I won’t let him, I promise” he whispered – Ron cleared his throat “why haven’t you come to visit us?” Emily’s hands shook slightly “I-I didn’t know whether you wanted to see me or not” Draco covered her hands with his, squeezing slightly reassuring her.

Everyone had left, and it was around midnight when Draco looked up from the couch and asked Emily to come for a short walk with him. “What about Raven?” Emily asked, Draco shrugged “I will look after her Miss Emily” Jack told her as he was dusting the dinning table, Emily kissed his forehead “Thank you” she whispered before grabbing her coat and entwining her fingers in Draco’s before they left the small apartment and walked towards the small park.
“You want to know something” Draco breathed in air though his nose “even after all this time; even after all this empty space between us. I still love you” Emily stared at him with wide eyes, before hugging him.

He wasn’t hers anymore and it hurt; he had always been hers. But now; he wasn’t and she had to accept it. “Why didn’t you tell me about Raven?” he asked sitting down on the park bench, Emily sighed before sitting besides him.
“I guess” she started off weakly “I guess I didn’t want to answer her questions; to face the heartache of never seeing you again” tears fell from Emily’s eyes, Draco lifted her chin up so he could see and wiped them away with his thumbs before softly whispered “I may not know her but I know you; your judgement and instincts as a mother. I trust that; Emily Riddle, I trust you” he kissed her temple before rising from the seat and bowing slightly in front of her with his hand outstretched “dance, madam?” he asked with a playful smile on his handsome face.

Her cheeks flushed red as she also rose from the seat and found herself fitting in his arms; perfectly like always.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the short update...
I've been off school these last two days, I may have a chest infection \:
my mingrine has gone which is good.
I'll try and update and write more later.
x