Status: Just starting - will be slow on the updates.

Five Years

Thirteen.

Roman sat in his wooden arm chair drowning out the nail scratches from the woman he had captured.
Her vibrant deep browneyes and black raven hair reminded him everything of the woman he had once loved and still did.
But she wasn’t her; she was nothing like Emily Riddle.
“Rebecca Black” Roman muttered swirling around his scotch – the woman’s eyes snapped towards him she clutched at her throat wanting to speak.

Roman sighed pitiful before flicking his finger un-silencing her “what is it?” he asked, she kept quiet for a few moments before her brown eyes glazed over with anger “go to hell!” she yelled, anger flared up in both of them like wildfire.
He lunged from the chair and covered her mouth with his hand “I’ve already been” he said coolly against her sweat beaded skin before licking it – he felt her squirm under his touch but right now she was the last of his worries.

Emily sat down in the park bench, clutching the letter in her hand tightly.
She knew Draco’s writing, she bit her lip and ripped it open.
She scanned it quickly, her eyes re-reading over the last line “exception. You were always the only exception.” A soft smile played on her face.
“R” a voice distracted her from her thoughts, she looked up to see Rebecca who looked tattered and torn, she left the letter and ran to her friend “What happened to you?” she squeaked, looking her over.

Her black hair was shorter, her skin paler, her clothes torn and Emily saw the nasty bruises forming at her wrists and neck.
“Nothing, I just wanted to see you before I go back to Australia” the smile on her friends face was fake, which worried Emily more.
“Why are you going back to Australia? It’s so far away” Emily muttered more to herself than to Rebecca, she shrugged “I have a job offer” Rebecca hugged Emily tightly, who licked her dry lips and squeezed her friend back tightly.

Emily pushed open the door to the old mansion of where she used to live; biting her lip she closed the door quietly with a click.
she could hear someone softly singing, she listened in;

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase


Emily found the source of the singing – Draco was sitting on at his piano
Emily bit her lip yet again and just stood there listening.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


Draco lifted up his head to see Emily standing there – he was stunned.
She still looked beautiful in those faded jeans, knee high light brown boots, white blouse and a cream coloured a scarf. “Hello” he muttered closing the piano cases “no, don’t” Emily walked over and sat next to him on the piano seat staring down at the musical instrument.

She fingered the keys playing out a melody “I wish I could play” she muttered softly, Draco got off the seat and behind her. His hand covered hers “I could teach you” he whispered softly in her ear “it’s really easy; I’ve had a lot of time on my hands over the years.”

Emily laughed at the story Draco was telling about the few months he spent in America. “How’s Raven?” he suddenly asked, Emily looked at him seriously looked at him. He looked tired, exhausted and nearly concerned in a way “she’s good – she’s spending time with Brayne for a few days; he’s staying in London.” Draco nodded “I still wish you told me about her sooner; you know I wouldn’t have run away. I’m not like that” Emily sighed and watched him play with his hair “I know you’re not like that – but I get scared… when I’m scared I freeze up.” Draco rested his head on hers “I know, Em. I know.” He muttered while rubbing her arm, she shivered.

Emily rested her head on his bare chest, her legs felt like jelly.
“Would you fall apart if I never came back?” her intentions of why she asked were not clear to both of them. Draco swallowed hard and tightened his arms around her “yes” he whispered softly his voice barely breaking; Emily lifted her face so she could fully see him.
“I love you” the words freely rolled off her tongue as tears welled up in both of their eyes, it pained them both that they couldn’t be together.
“I-I could call off the engagement” his voice hadn’t hitched a tone higher, Emily stepped from his safe bound shaking her head “she loves you, she has you not me. Keep it that way, it – it’s better.” Draco sighed and stroked her beautiful face, it was flushed and she was ghost pale her blue eyes showed nothing but sadness and exhaustion.

He made her feel real again, as she made him feel alive.
They were meant to be together, but she was cursed.
She was a riddle, Riddles are cursed with death and death was coming for her soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was over due.
I dont like some parts |:
Bah.>_>

Life sucks.