Status: Just starting - will be slow on the updates.

Five Years

Three.

Emily shut the door quietly and froze – sitting on the table was Willow looking sly as ever. “Shane she isn’t his” she taunted, Emily narrowed her eyes at the younger twin.
Ignoring her while opening and closing the fridge “such a horrible thing to do… fuck another man and get pregnant. You’d sworn to Roman, that you’d wait. Ten years - is a long time I guess you cracked” Emily growled and flung her arm through the air slicing through the cold ghost of her twin.

Why must the ghost of my kills haunt me? She thought as she watched as Willow vanished, sighing in relief. She heard as she heard footsteps maybe Jack was finally home. Instead she was completely shocked to see Roman instead.
But it-it hasn’t been a year yet” the dumb words left her lips, Roman shrugged lifelessly, “I missed you and Rave, thought I’d drop in for her birthday... Hope you don’t mind that I’ll miss your Twenty-Third.” He sighed and dropped his bag as Emily dropped the spoon and long left it there as she ran and jumped into her fiancé’s arms.

“Of course I don’t mind – your daughter needs you” Emily whispered before kissing him, he kissed back but not lovingly – it was hunger, needing and dangerous. Emily knew the way things would turn out if this month had the full moon – she just hoped to god it wasn’t.
“Where’s Raven?” he asked huskily, “asleep” Emily whispered to him while running her hands through his hair.

Roman placed Emily down and scanned the room with his brown dark eyes. A crack sounded the air and Jack was back – “Oh, hello Master Roman and Miss Emily” he smiled, Emily laughed and kneeled down and hugged him “Raven is asleep right now and I think Roman and I are going to go for a walk” Emily gave him a look and Roman nodded, didn’t need to hide the frown of confusion he didn’t even have.

Emily and Roman were walking around the lake which was riffling nicely as the air was picking up. Emily shifted from Roman – feeling slightly uncomfortable. “What did you want to talk about?” he asked monotone. “I…I” Emily stuttered casting her eyes down “What are you a child? Spit it out” he said rudely, Emily’s eyes darted towards him “I can’t do this anymore. Rome… you’re not the same, I’m grateful for the things you did for me. I know you gave up a lot for me – but I just can't do this anymore” Emily had stopped walking halfway through her speech and Roman was still at her side, “you think I gave up a lot for you…?” he asked stonily, she nodded staring at the little ducks which were floating and diving in the lake. He laughed bitterly – the Roman she knew wouldn’t have laughed nor had been so rude. “A soul is nothing compared to what I paid for” he growled bitterly, Emily gulped knowing exactly what he was talking about. His family.

Emily stared strangely at the man – who was more of a stranger than her fiancée. “Em,” his voice cracked – just like he was the man he was before all this happened. “I’m sorry, I try to be the way I am but it’s hard. I know I didn’t sell my memories I sold my soul and it’s just hard to be someone who I was, you have no idea what its like without a soul.
A soul, it lets you feel… lets you be happy, sad, feel… let’s you love, and Em I know you know that now… and I will let you go because I’m a bigger man than keeping you miserable.” Roman explained, Emily sighed and casted her eyes downwards blinking back hard her tears which threatened to spill over, she knew she shouldn’t be sad or afraid since it was her who made this decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3