Status: on hiatus

Beatlemania!

You, Again

I was no longer totally comfortable with Paul anymore. However, I was suddenly self conscious about the amount of time that I spent with John, so I kept my distance from both of them.

We went for a quick, rather silent lunch in Times Square, and then they went to get ready for the show tonight.

“You don’t have to come, love. It’ll all be rubbish that you already know,” John assured me.

I grinned brightly. “Really? Thanks so much! I’d love to get some shopping done.”

“Right – I’ll see you back at the hotel after the show, then,” Paul smiled back at me.

I forced a smile and kissed his mouth gently. “See you.”
~

Shopping alone, Beatle-free, was nice. I took my time, didn’t have to be wary of fans, and I relaxed properly in public for the first time since I had started dating Paul.

“Have a nice day, miss,” the cashier smiled cheerfully at me as I carried my bag with a new dress inside.

“You too,” I grinned back, walking cheerfully out of the store.

I strolled down the street, looking at shop windows with a happy heart. It was warm out, so I was wearing my favourite blue sundress with a straw hat with a blue ribbon to match.

Suddenly, I was thrown off balance, and my hat flew off my head. I collided heavily with a man’s broad shoulder.

“Shit!” I swore angrily, picking myself off the ground and feeling a rather sharp pain on my shoulder.

“I’m so sorry, Madam, I don’t know what I was thinking,” the man apologized profusely.

I blinked away my tears and looked up at him curiously. I gasped audibly.

“Oh.”

A painfully familiar face gazed at me in awe.

“Alice,” he murmured.

I smiled timidly. “Liam.”

We embraced awkwardly, his body warm and pleasant against my skin.

“Are you okay? You’re bleeding!” Liam’s eyes widened as he looked at the cut on my shoulder.

“No, really; it’s fine. Just a scrape,” I assured him, shrugging it off. “How have you been?”

“Oh, I’ve been all right. I actually went west to California for almost a year and half,” he informed me.

I was impressed. “Really? It must have been nice!”

“Absolutely. Kind of reminded me of Australia, but with better weather and better girls,” he laughed nervously.

I barely managed a laugh.

“Oh, shit; wrong person to say that to,” he swore furiously.

I chuckled naturally. “Don’t worry. This is a bit of an awkward situation.”

“You look beautiful,” he said gruffly.

I blushed. “You look great too.”

He really did. His hair was slightly longer now, but not long enough to make him look foolish. He was more muscular these days, and he was more tan, making his blue eyes even more beautiful.

“Look, I want to apologize for the way I acted the last time I saw you,” he announced anxiously. “I was a pathetic fool, and you were right to turn me away.”

“Liam, don’t worry about it,” I smiled sweetly. “That was what, two or three years ago? I don’t even think it’s an issue anymore.”

He smiled in relief. “It was nice seeing you, Alice.”

“You too,” I grinned.

I don’t know how it happened. I was going to kiss his cheek, but he swept me up and kissed me gently at first, and then deeper. My mind swirled with the memories of making love to him on Valentines Day, or the feverish make-out sessions on the couch.

Maybe it was because I was peeved with Paul, or perhaps I had temporarily gone insane....oh, Paul!

Paul. His face came rushing towards me in a millisecond, and that’s when I pushed Liam away.

“Liam!” I gasped for breath. “I...I’m so sorry.”

“I’m not,” he whispered, pulling me close again.

I stopped him. “No! You don’t understand. I can’t do this.”

Liam looked confused. “Was it something I said?”

I laughed shortly. “No, it's just...actually, I’m dating Paul.”

He sighed in acknowledgement. “Of course you are. How can a bloke compete with a Beatle, eh? I have the worst timing, don’t I?”

Liam sunk onto a nearby bench.

I sat next to him, feeling terrible. “I should talk.” I said softly. “Liam, you know I loved you. I loved you far too much. But you left me for somebody else! What happened to her?”

“It didn’t work out,” he explained humbly. “I didn’t love her.”

My heart went out to him. “Liam, I’m so sorry. If I weren’t with Paul, and if I was still living in New York...”

“You don’t live in New York anymore?” Liam asked curiously.

“No, I actually moved to England last year,” I told him.

He nodded. “Things sure have changed.”

“Things sure have changed,” I echoed.
~
I said goodbye to Liam and then went back to the hotel and fell asleep at eight in the evening; jetlagged and emotionally exhausted.
~
Paul’s soft kisses up and down neck woke me up. I groaned quietly, trying to go back to sleep.

“I don’t think so, madam,” he laughed. “I was horrid to you yesterday and I want to make it up to you.”

I felt so guilty for kissing Liam now.

“There’s no need, Paul,” I reassured him.

“Oh, but I want to,” he whispered huskily in my ear, sending my heart into tailspins.

I kissed him forcefully and he grinned triumphantly as I succumbed to love.
~
We slept in until noon after our morning love-making. Paul beat me at waking up again, and this time he was just holding me gently.

“What happened to your shoulder, love?” he asked me concernedly.

“Actually, I literally ran into an old friend and hit my shoulder,” I explained.

“Oh? Who?” Paul yawned.

“You remember Liam?” I squeaked.

Paul’s eyes grew dark and I braced myself for an explosion.
♠ ♠ ♠
we're at 70-something readers!! YAY!

Oh dear, Liam's back and Paulie's angryyy