Status: on hiatus

Beatlemania!

I Wanna Be a Part of It: New York, New York

The three of us left for New York as planned, but John was grumbling about being a gooseberry.

I squeezed his cheeks. “I promise not to have sex with Paul while you’re watching.”

He rolled his eyes at me and decided to sit several seats ahead of Paul and I.

“I can’t wait to get there,” I grinned excitedly as I fastened my seatbelt.

It was an empty plane; the two had splurged and borrowed somebody’s private plane to use. It might have been normal for them, but it was a complete luxury for me.

Paul smiled at my enthusiasm and stole a kiss right then and there. “I wouldn’t get too excited; we’re only there for a couple of days.”

“A couple of days is plenty of time!” I insisted. “How long is this stupid flight?”

Paul grinned cheekily. “Long enough to sneak into the toilet for a bit of a romp.”

I slapped him. “Is that all you think about? Honestly!”

Paul laughed. “You’ll change your mind after a few hours.”

I wasn’t going to admit I was wrong, so I tried hard to get into my book and to ignore the beautiful boy next to me.
Paul did his best to turn me on, but I resisted with my best defence mechanism, picturing my grandpa in his place (that was the fastest buzz kill) or even thinking about something disgusting, like poo on the floor or blood spurting from horrid places and I was immediately turned off.

Paul was persistent, kissing my neck or letting his fingers trail up and down my leg sensuously. I squirmed away.

“Paul!” I squeaked. “I’m not doing it in the middle of the flight!”

“Why not?” he smiled impishly.

“Because it’s indecent and the toilets are far too small for that!” I spluttered.

Paul laughed at my embarrassment. “Come on, love. You know you want to.”

I swatted him away with my book. “I’m going to sit with John for a bit. Try to cool yourself down.”

I giggled at Paul’s angry face and hurried to sit with John instead. He was reading a book quietly, with his glasses sitting skew whiff on his very straight nose.

“You done with Paulie already?” he asked without looking up.

I grinned. “Ha. He kept trying to get me to have a quickie in the toilet.”

John leered at me. “Shall we have a go, then?”

I shoved him playfully. “Sod off. I just want some peaceful reading time.”

“If you say so!” John returned to his book and there was silence between us for an hour and a half, which was when he proceeded to fall asleep and snore gently.

Paul sneaked up and dragged me back to our seats soon after. He had obviously had a nap too, and he was hyperactive and even more eager to coax me into sex in the toilet.

He kissed me deeply, placing his hands on my lower hips. I returned the kiss but quickly pulled away. “No, Paul. It’s only about four more hours now.”

“Four?” he groaned. “I’m not waiting that long! I want you here, Alice.” He kissed my neck. “Right now.”

My knees trembled. I decided it was now or never. John was asleep, so we could escape the ridicule for now. I gave a little sigh of consent and Paul dragged me over to the tiny little stall with a victorious grin on his face.
~

Believe it or not, having sex in a tiny bathroom thousands of feet off the ground was actually amazing for us. We emerged from the loo dishevelled and exhausted, and we sunk into our seats for a good three hour nap.

I woke up just as the plane touched New York soil. I jumped up in surprise and grabbed Paul’s hand quickly. We were finally here.

The exit from the airport was a bit dramatic – diving into a hired car flanked by security. But the ride was short, and the fans were minimal, as the trip was pretty much kept secret.

Once we got to the hotel, John sloped off into his room and fell asleep.

“What’s up with him?” I asked Paul as we settled into our own room.

He shrugged. “I think he’s missing Yogurt or whatever her names is.”

Giggling, I punched his arm. “It’s Yoko.”

“Whatever. She’s weird; I’m telling you. Always hangin’ around. I want to know why he couldn’t just work things out with Cynthia,” he grumbled, shoving his suitcases into a corner.

“That’s his business. Why, are you feeling jealous?” I nudged him playfully.

“Ha! I can imagine John would be terrible in bed, don’t you think-” Paul broke off, looking at his toes.

I blushed deeply. The subject of John and I in Spain hadn’t come up since we were in India, and it was supremely awkward.

“Paul,” I started. “We never really...talked about this.”

“I shouldn’t have brought it up...we don’t have to do this now,” he mumbled.

I reached for him. “You know I only slept with him because I thought things were over with us. I was unbearably upset, you have to understand.”

He was silent.

“Paul? Paul talk to me.”

No reply.

“Paul, you have to let me know what you’re thinking, here.”

He looked up at me. “You want to know what I’m really thinking?”

“Yes!”

“I think you’re in love with him,” Paul challenged.

I felt the tears welling up. “I am not in love with John!”

“Well it would sure explain a lot. How you’re always on edge about Yoko, and why he loves talking about you and being with you,” he retorted.

“You’re such an idiot! Were friends! Friends can be concerned for each other, and friends can talk about each other and be with each other,” I snapped.

“I can see right through you, Alice. Stop lying to me.”

“Look, Paul. I just want to have a nice couple of days. Can you please just let this go?” I pleaded.

He covered his face with his hands and took deep breaths. “Yeah, sure, whatever. I think I’m going to go out for a bit, yeah?”

Paul walked out, the door closing gently behind him.
~
I fell into a fitful sleep after a few hours of waiting for him. I must have cried in my sleep, because I woke up with a wet pillow.

When I woke up, Paul was asleep on the chair, and I felt my heart reach our to him.

I padded over to him and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

“Paul,” I whispered. “Wake up.”

His exquisite eyes opened and I smiled at him.

“I’m so sorry, love,” he groaned. “I’m such a wank.”

I kissed his forehead. “How could you not know I love you more than anything else on this earth?”

“I know you love me, Alice, I just think you love John too,” he said quietly.

“Paul!” I sighed in exasperation. “Please listen to me. I love you! I don’t know how to convey this to you any clearer. Just drop it!”

Paul kissed my lips gently. “Consider it dropped.”

He left to take a shower, and I stared after him, amazed. How could he possibly think I was in love with John?
~
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long while!

This chapter is a bit short & lame, but I'll get better with updating and quality; I promise!
Thanks to all my faithful readers!

BY the way! I've started writing a collective fic on livejournal with a bunch of really cool people! It's being posted in a community called beatlesfanfics

Check it out; I think it may shape up to be a pretty cool story.