Status: Being Re-written:)

Save Me

04

Matt’s footsteps echoed off the walls as he followed the doctor down a few hallways and pass several rooms. He didn’t like hospitals. Not one bit. With each room they passed he felt himself becoming more and more anxious, he just wanted to know that she was okay.

“Mr. Sanders, here’s her room. You can go in now. But I must caution you to keep her calm and do not upset her, she’s in a very fragile state.” Matt nodded his head took a deep breath, preparing himself for what lay behind the door.

Gathering his courage, Matt knocked softly on the door, opening it upon hearing a weak “Come in,” from behind it. He shut the door quietly and stepped further into the small room. For the first time, Matt actually saw her face. She wasn’t covered in blood and mud anymore. Her face and body, as far as he could tell, were washed clean.

They just looked at each other for a time, not saying a word. Matt was baffled by the thought that someone could hurt this young woman the way she’s been hurt. Even with the bruises on her face and what he could see on her arms, he knew she was beautiful.

Her eyes are what got him. They were the most beautiful eyes he’d ever seen, one was a dark brown, almost black, while the other a clear crystal blue. But it wasn’t the rare color of her eyes that got him. It was the depths they spoke. All though she showed no emotion on her ivory face, he could see it all in her eyes.

“I didn’t believe them when they said that Matthew Sanders had brought me here. I figured it was just a coincidence of names.” Caige smiled weakly and motioned with her hand for him to come and sit. He did so slowly, afraid that he would scare her.

“Matt Sanders in the flesh.” Matt chuckled as he sat down facing her bed. She smiled softly and nodded her head.

“I wanted to say thank you, for…bringing me here.” Caige spoke after a few awkward minutes of silence. Matt could only nod his head. Anyone would have done what he and the guys did, right? “Well, I don’t deserve all the credit. The other guys helped too.”

With those words Caige’s eyes widened in shock. “The other guys? I thought it was only you.” The buff brunette could only shake his head again, the doctors words coming back to haunt him.

“Excuse me, Miss?” Both Matt and Caige looked toward the door where two officers in uniform stood. Matt’s eyes scanned back to Caige to see her reaction, she was pale with fright. “Miss we have a few questions to ask you. I am Officer Romero and this is my partner Officer Robinson.” Caige could only stare at them.

“I’m sorry guys but, Caige has been through a very rough time. I don’t think she’s ready to be questioned.” The Officers eyes moved to Matt with suspicion in their eyes. “And who are you, Sir?”

Matt rolled his eyes in his head as he answered. “Matthew Sanders, officer.” The cop quickly wrote his name down on his note pad and looked back to him.

“And what is your relationship to Miss. Cross?” Caige shifted in her bed uncomfortably and all Matt wanted to do was throw these guys out because they were upsetting her.

“No relation, officers. My crew and I are the ones that found her. I’m in a band called Avenged Sevenfold. We were leaving the arena when our bus driver came to a stop and yelled at us. We didn’t know what had happened. According to Joe, our driver, there was a figure on the road with something at his feet. Joe stopped so he wouldn’t hit the person and when he did the guy ran off. We only realized that someone was on the ground when what we thought was a pile started to move. My band mate, Brian and I ran off the bus and found Caige unconscious. We brought her here and have been here since.”

Both of the Officers nodded their heads and they wrote down whatever it is they thought was important.

“Miss. Cross, we just have a few questions that need to be answered and then we’ll leave you to rest.” They waited for her permission before they began. When she hesitantly nodded her head they looked at their books and then back at her. “Miss. Cross, do you agree with what Mr. Sanders has just said?” She weakly nodded her head and spoke “Yes, sir. I don’t remember being brought here though. I was passed out.”

“Can you tell us your side Miss?”

Matt watched as Caige’s breathing quickened and the way her knuckles tightened on the blanket that was over her lap. Tears came to her eyes and she began to shake. Without even thinking of his actions Matt leapt out of his chair and beside her in the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and brought her to his chest, holding her as she sobbed.

“I think that’s enough.” Came a new voice from behind the officers. All but Caige turned their head in the direction of the voice. It was Caige’s doctors. “Officers, I believe I told you to not upset her, under any circumstances. Do you have no compassion. Out. Now.”

Both of the officers looked at Caige one last time before exiting the room, leaving Matt and the doctor alone with the bruised and crying girl.

“I’m sorry about that Miss. Cross.” Caige lifted her head and wiped her eyes.

“It’s okay Janeah.” Doctor Janeah smiled at Caige and walked over to her monitors, checking all of her vital signs. After making sure everything looked good Janeah turned her eyes to Matt and gave him a sad smile. “I think Miss. Cross needs to rest, Mr. Sanders. Would you mind going back to the waiting room?”

He didn’t want to, not at all, but he also didn’t want to make this doctor mad in case she threw him out and he wouldn’t be able to see Caige again. As he slowly started to make his way out of bed, Caige grasped his bicep and pulled him back. Well tried to pull him back, she was much too small to physically move Matt.

“Please, Janeah. Don’t make him leave.” They both stared at her sad and fearful face. Janeah sighed but nodded her head with an okay. “Just make sure she gets some rest is all I ask.” The doctor addressed to Matt. He gave her a solute like a good soldier and watched her back as she left the room.

“Hey, Caige.” Matt whispered as he climbed back in bed with her. He didn’t know this girl, but yet it didn’t feel weird or awkward to be lying with her. “Hi, Matt.” She whispered back. They lay there in silence for a while until Matt felt his phone vibrating in his pocket.

He quickly got it out and answered before it could hit voicemail.

“Hey Brian. Yeah, I’m back here. Nah, I think I’m going to stay. Just bring me back some fresh clothes in the morning. All right. Will do man. Later.” He hung up his phone and set it on the food tray beside him.

“Thanks for staying with me.” Matt leaned his head down where her head was resting on his chest and kissed her forehead. Neither one said another word for the rest of the night and soon enough they were both sound asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gahh. Every time I go to update I forget how to do it and then spend twenty minutes confused as hell.
But whatever. I'll update again tomorrow pretty followers. I love you:) <3
Leave me love?
xoxo, A