Status: Being Re-written:)

Save Me

03

Matt paced back and forth in the waiting room of the local hospital, images of the girl flashing through his mind. And especially what the doctor had come to tell him.

“It seems…I’ve never had to deal with a case this severe.” Matt’s eyes furrowed in worry wondering if the girl would be okay. He focused on the doctor as she continued. “Two of her ribs are broken, as well as her right leg.” Matt watched as she paused a moment, and he could tell that she was trying to figure out how to word what she wanted to say.

“There really is no soft way to say this but, Miss. Cross has been raped. Severely…and more than once. I did a full body examination on her. I’ve never seen…I cannot even begin to imagine what she’s been through.”

Matt was aware of the rest of the guys standing around him, listening to what the doctor has been saying. He couldn’t get his mind around it. He carried her onto the bus, heard her whimpering cries. But never, never, would he have imagined this.

“I’ve contacted the number in her phone titled “Mom” but…I’m afraid…I’m afraid she wants nothing to do with Miss. Cross.”

Matt’s face contorted in anger as he wondered how a mother could possibly think that of her child. How a mother could let this happen to her daughter. He could tell that the rest of the guys were angry too, just by how the feeling in the room changed.

“What exactly did she say?” Jimmy asked, curious. The lady doctor looked around nervously and Matt could tell that she was uncomfortable.

“I’d rather not repeat it, Sir. Do you know of anyone else we can contact? Does she have any other family members?” All of the guys shrugged their shoulders. They only just learned her name.

“We’ll have to set her leg. I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do for her ribs, other than wrap them. On the x-ray we did, it appears that she’s had broken bones before this…many broken bones.” With one last sadden look, the doctor turned from the guys and made her way back into the depths of the hospital.

“Holy shit man.” Brian breathed out as he clapped Matt on the shoulder. He could only nod his head, with nothing to say.

“I’m going to go grab some coffee. Anyone want some?” Matt asked tiredly. A few rose their hands and then so did Jimmy. “Jimmy, I am not giving you coffee.” He made a face like he was completely offended which gave cause for Matt to smile. “I’ll get you some apple juice or something.” He laughed as Jimmy cheered a little too loudly, causing a few other people in the waiting room to glare at him. He just smiled back.

Matt rubbed his eyes with his fist, fighting the urge to sit down in one of these uncomfortable chairs and take a nap. But he wouldn’t. Because he was far too anxious for the girl named Caige Cross. He wanted to talk to her, find out what happened. He wanted to know who had done all those things to her and he wanted to make them pay.

No, he did not know this girl, well woman. But that didn’t stop him from wanting to defend her and beat the shit out of the ass hole that could treat a woman this way.

“Mr. Sanders!” Matt’s head swung in the direction of his name before he could contemplate anything else. The doctor who was taking care of Caige was walking briskly toward him. His heart thudded in his chest, afraid of what she might say. He found himself holding his breath as she reached him.

“Mr. Sanders, Miss. Cross has asked to see you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, please? <3