Where I Lay My Head

Stand-Off

I was standing at the sink elbow-deep in sweltering suds of dishwater when Rachel took a bar-stool across from me at the counter.

"I didn't know you could cook..." he commented, watching me as I fumbled around with dishes, invisible under a thick crust of fine white bubbles.

I chuckled bashfully. "All Amish women are great in the kitchen."

"I hear they're even better in bed." Sebastian's voice hit me like a migraine as he approached.

Our smiles immediately fell. The stand-off I had been fearing was here, and I would certainly be on the losing end of this battle. Sebastian entered the kitchen and stopped behind me, and although I wasn't surprised when I felt his touch I still managed to dread it. My eyes squeezed shut with angst as his bony fingers ran down my arms and disappeared under the water to grip hands with me. I felt his junk rubbing against my back, making me feel disgusting once again.

Rachel made sure to link gazes with me, hoping that the warmth of his eyes would be a coach of some sort as I struggled to deny Baz's touch. It wouldn't work though, and he realized that as I let Sebastian kiss my neck. I didn't have the strength or independence yet to defy Cecil.

An awful look was cast to the both of us from Rachel, dripping with hurt and resentment.

"You've been on your feet all day; Come lay down with me." Baz murmered seductively in my ear.

I let him lead me into the living room, paying Rachel a sincerely apologetic glance before I was pulled onto Sebastian's lap.

The next thirty minutes were agonizing. Sebastian had his way with my body again as Cecil completely ignored it, although he was sitting directly next to us. Rachel's infuriated expression towards me didn't help at all and made me want to cry even more than I had wanted the night before. I fought the urge a smidgen better this time.

"Imma take a walk." Rachel grunted and hastily evaded my sight before a loud banging noise accompanied his exit.

My thoughts ran feral for a few minutes before I could say anything.

"I gonna toss the beef grease before it attracts flies." I said, pushing myself away from Sebastian as he whined. Yes, that really was my best excuse to leave.

"Just chill out, babe!"

I managed to ignore his requests this time and grabbed the pot I used to cook the beef in before I was out the door. My quest for forgiveness begins...
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you are having a safe, incredible summer :) Goddd Bless!

:) This makes me smile!