Tumors And Hearts

Day 16 – Lexi

Xx-nikki-xX

I saw my sister coming towards Ashley and me from practically the other end of the airport. I held up the sign I made for her and waited till she saw us... or not.

“Jesus, she’s as oblivious as you!” Ashley said.

“We’re sisters, what do you expect?”

“LEXI!” we yelled when she walked right by us.

She whipped around and finally saw us.

I didn’t want to make a liar out of myself when I told Shannon my sister was coming to visit, so I called her up once they discharged me from the hospital this morning and asked her if she wanted to fly out for the day.

I hugged my sister and looked her over while she was hugging Ashley. She looked basically the same since the last time we saw each other.

People tell us we look a lot alike. We have the same eyes, the same hair, we’re the same height, and – thanks to my tumor – we weighed about the same. I glanced down at myself and then back at Lexi. Maybe I weighed less than her now…

I grabbed Lexi’s bag and the three of us headed out of the airport together.

x-later-x

I watched as Toby slit Sweeney Todd’s throat with his own razor. The movie ended and none of us wanted to get up.

“What movie’s next?” Ashley asked.

“The Grudge.” Lexi and I said at the same time.

“No!” she screamed. “I hate that movie!”

I laughed as Lexi did her Grudge impression and Ashley started freaking out. Having long black hair comes in handy at times, especially in a dark room.

The credits started rolling on the TV screen. I stood up, cracked my back a few times, and went to get The Grudge.

None of us could really think of anything to go out and do, so we all decided to just stay in and be lazy.

“Nikki, your phone's going off.” Ashley called.

“Who is it?” I called back.

“Your lover.”

I cringed and waited. Three… two… one…

“Who is he and why haven’t I met him yet?” I heard Lexi say.

I grabbed the movie and went back into the living room. I switched out Sweeney Todd for The Grudge and plopped down between them on the couch.

“No one...” I said not meeting my sister’s eyes.

“His name’s Shannon Moore.” Ashley said.

“ASHLEY!” I exclaimed turning to look at her.

“How’d you meet him?” Lexi asked.

“No where…”

“He wrestles for TNA.”

“ASHLEY!”

“Has he tried anything?”

“No…”

“He tried to kiss her Monday night when he gave her a ride to the airport.”

“ASHLEY!”

“Well, if you don’t want to tell her about your boyfriend I will.” she said. “Your sister has a right to know.”

“Do they look cute together?” Lexi asked.

“I don’t know.” Ashley said. “I haven’t seen them together, but I would imagine so.”

“Aw!” Lexi said pinching my cheeks. “My littler sister’s got herself a boyfriend!”

“We’re not dating.” I said pushing her hands away.

“Not yet anyway.” Ashley said.

“No, not ever.” I said.

“Why not?” Lexi asked.

“Because I’m fucking dying!” I jumped up and whipped around to face them. “There can’t be anything between us because of this fucking tumor!”

“But what if you just told him about it?” Lexi asked.

Why did everyone think it was that simple?

“I’m dying.” I said. “It’s not like I have something the two of us can just over look.”

With that I headed into my room and slammed the door shut. Was I the only one who saw that things just wouldn’t work out with Shannon?