Tumors And Hearts

Day 18 – First House Show

Xx-nikki-xX

It was Friday night and TNA was in Austin, Texas. All of this weekend we would be doing house shows in Texas. I was a little nervous – these were going to be my first house shows since signing with TNA – but not nearly as nervous as my first night in the Impact Zone.

Ink Inc. just had a match against Beer Money – which we of course won. The three of us walked to the locker rooms together and I bid Shannon and Jesse goodbye when we reached the room that was assigned to the Knockouts.

I quickly changed out of my ring gear – my match against Lacey Von Erich had been right before Shannon and Jesse’s – took off my makeup and brushed out my hair before tossing my bag in my locker and heading out to meet Shannon.

He was leaning against the wall next to the door when I came out. He was in the clothes he had worn to the show – jeans and a plain white shirt. His makeup was washed off but his mohawk was still slicked up. The hat he had been wearing earlier was being spun around on his right index finger as he stared off into space, failing to see me.

I reached out and took his hat. I put it on my head and smiled as he seemed to snap back to reality and turn to face me.

“It looks good on you.” he said smiling.

“Shannon, you think everything looks good on me.”

“Well, have you ever thought that maybe everything does look good on you?”

I shook my head and wrinkled my nose. “No. I don’t think so.”

Shannon rolled his eyes as I leaned against the wall beside him.

“So what do you want to do till the show’s over?” he asked. After having to bale on him Monday night, I promised him we could hang this weekend.

I shrugged my shoulders. “It doesn’t matter to me.”

He smiled and grabbed my hand. “I have an idea.”

I let him lead me through the building, past a bunch of the other wrestlers who pointed at our connected hands with smiles, and out to the back. He plopped down on the ground with his back against the building and patted the space next to him.

I sat down and looked up at the star-lit sky.

“It’s so beautiful.”

“Yeah.” I heard Shannon say.

I looked back down at him and we locked eyes. He blushed and quickly looked up at the sky.

He was talking about the stars too, right?

A while later – I’m not exactly sure how long – we were still outside. It was so relaxing and I never wanted to move. I was still sitting with my back against the building, but Shannon was now lying on the ground, with his head in my lap. I could have leaned down and kissed him if I really wanted too.

Of course I really wanted too, what was I talking about? I didn’t do it because I didn’t want to get to close to Shannon.

You’re fighting a losing battle, deary… my subconscious told me as I played with Shannon’s hair.

But I could still try, couldn’t I?

I jumped as my phone started playing I’m Made of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of? by A Day To Remember.

“Hey.” I said answering it.

“Where are you guys?” Manda’s voice said from the other end. “The show’s been over for a while.”

“We haven’t been out here that long, have we?” I asked.

“Out where? And the show ended almost an hour ago.”

“Oh…”

“Just meet us by the front doors. I already have your bag.” she said before hanging up.

“I guess we lost track of time.” Shannon said as I put my phone back in my pocket.

He stood up and offered me his hands. I took them and he pulled me up, using a little more force than necessary. I flew up and into Shannon’s arms.

“Sorry Nikki.” Shannon said smiling.

“That’s okay.” I said not wanting to move.

He let go of me except for my hand and we walked around the building. The front doors came into view when we rounded the corner and so did Manda, Jesse, Jeff, and Ken.

I quickly took my hand out of his as we drew nearer. I could tell Shannon was disappointed, but neither of us said anything about it.

We reached them and headed out to the parking lot together. We got to the car Manda and I had come in and said goodbye to the guys.

Shannon pulled me away from the others and behind another car. He wrapped his arms around my middle and I sighed before bringing my own up around his neck. I rested my chin on his shoulder as he kissed the side of my head. Time never seemed to matter whenever I was with Shannon – but I guess it still did to other people.

“If you don’t get out here soon we going to come find you and ruin whatever it is your doing!” Jesse suddenly called.

Manda said something and then I heard a smacking sound, followed by Jesse asking what he did wrong.

I took one last deep breath of Shannon’s scent before stepping out of his arms and leading the way back to me and Manda’s car.

I climbed in the passenger seat as Manda climbed in the driver’s seat and started the car.

It’s getting harder and harder to ignore my feelings for Shannon… I thought as we pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road to the hotel the wrestlers were staying at.

Manda and I ended up in the room next to Jeff and Shannon – all thanks to Jeff’s doing. We had the conjoining door open and walked into each other’s rooms as we pleased.

Right now, I was with Shannon and Jeff in their room while Manda was on the phone with Matt in ours. Shannon was sitting on his bed with his back to the backboard, I was lying next to him on my stomach, and Jeff was spread eagled out on his own bed.

Shannon got up to go to the bathroom and it was just Jeff and I.

“I can hear you pee!” I called.

“That’s gross man, I can tell you’re missing the toilet!” Jeff added.

“Fuck you guys!” we heard him yell back. The two of us dissolved into a fit of laughter.

“So why don’t you want to date him?” Jeff suddenly asked sounding more serious.

I sighed and turned to face him. “I don’t think things would work out.”

“But it seems like you guys really like each other.” he said.

“Hmm…”

“Or Shannon does, at least.” he said. “You’re all he talks about at times.”

“Really?” I knew he liked me, but I honestly didn’t think it was that much.

I closed my eyes and flashed back to when I was in my room and my laptop wouldn’t stop playing love songs. I imagined those scenes from Moulin Rouge and the Nightmare Before Christmas when I replaced the characters with myself and Shannon.

The toilet flushed and I heard Shannon come out and sit back down on the bed. I opened my eyes, smiling.

Maybe it was time to stop fighting my feelings…