Tumors And Hearts

Day 19 – The Park

Xx-nikki-xX

I climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my soaking wet body. I cracked the door to the bathroom open and peaked out into the room Manda and I were sharing. I looked at the door that connected our room to the one Jeff and Shannon were in and cursed when I saw it was wide open.

Why did I have to leave my clothes on my bed?

I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was only about 8:30 in the morning. I could see that Manda was still sleeping and I heard snoring coming from the other room. Everyone was sleeping – and I hoped it stayed that way until I made it back to the bathroom.

Quickly and quietly, I sprinted across the room to my bed. I grabbed my clothes and turned to head back to the bathroom when I saw Shannon standing in the doorway.

“You know that’s something I don’t mind seeing.” he said smiling.

I could say the same thing about you… I thought as I noticed he was in nothing but boxers.

“I thought everyone was asleep.” I said making sure my towel was covering everything that needed to be covered.

“Nah.” he said coming into the room all the way. “I’ve been up since six.”

“Oh…” I said. “Well… I need to put my clothes on… so…”

“Go ahead, I’m not stopping you.”

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. I put my hands on his bare chest and pushed him back into his own room.

“I’ll see you later Shannon.” I laughed as I shut the door in his face.

I grabbed my clothes before heading back into the bathroom.

x-later-x

TNA was now in Houston, Texas. It was a nice day out and we still had a few hours until we had to be at the house show so Shannon and I decided to take a walk in the nearby park.

We were lying side by side under a tall tree in the middle of the park. We were watching a beautiful sunset as we talked of everything and nothing.

I picked up my head as Shannon slid his arm underneath for me to use as a pillow. His arm curled around to hug my shoulders, his hand resting lightly on my upper arm.

I turned my head to face him and closed my eyes. I took a few deep breaths, inhaling his amazing sent. I opened my eyes again and saw him smiling at me.

His lips parted and he slowly leaned in to kiss me. This time instead of turning away, I closed my eyes and leaned in too.

And right when our lips were about to touch my phone started going off.

Disappointment was written on Shannon’s face as he sat up.

I sighed in frustration and took my phone out of my pocket. It was Ashley.

“Do you know how much I want to kill you right now?!” I hissed into the phone, turning away from Shannon.

“Why?” she asked.

“Shannon was going to kiss me!” I hissed.

“Oh! Shit! Never mind! This can wait! I’ll talk to you later! Bye!” she said before hanging up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and turned back to Shannon.

“Sorry about that.” I said.

“That’s okay.” he said checking his own phone. “We better get to the arena.”

I tried to hide my disappointment as we got to our feet. I laced my fingers through his as we started walking.

We separated at the entrance of the park. I told Shannon I would meet him at our rental car and hurried off to the bathroom.

After emptying my bladder and calling Ashley back to see what she wanted, I exited the bathroom. The lights in the park flickered to life and I could see Shannon leaning against the car from here.

I closed my eyes and imagined what it would have felt like to have Shannon’s lips on mine if Ashley hadn’t interrupted us. I opened them again, smiling, and made my way to the parking lot.

He looked like he was deep in thought. I was standing right in front of him and he didn’t notice me.

I stole his hat off the top of his head and placed it over my hair that was blowing around in the light breeze. That seemed to do the trick. What was it with guys and their hats?

“What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“Nothing.” he said putting his hands on my waist. He suddenly smiled. “Just flashing back to what you looked like in that towel this morning.”

I looked down at my feet as I felt a blush creep its way up my face.

Shannon’s hand was suddenly under my chin, tilting it up so that I was looking into his beautiful green eyes. We both leaned in towards each other –

And Shannon’s phone started going off.

I mentally cursed whoever was calling him as he took out his phone.

“Hey Jeff.” he said putting the phone to his ear.

Goddammit Jeff!

“Yeah, we’re on our way... I don’t know... we’re not too far away... okay... alright... bye.”

I once again had to hide my disappointment as he ended the call and we got in the rental car.

It was way too quiet in the car as we drove to the arena. I turned on the radio and flipped through the stations until Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold started blasting through the speakers.

“…Can’t wake up in sweat
Cause it ain’t over yet
Still dancing with your demons
Victim of your own creation…”

I sang along to my favorite part as we pulled into the parking lot of the arena. Shannon pulled the car into an empty spot and put the car in park. He turned to me, smiling, as I continued to sing along.

We were slowly getting closer with every word I sang. “…Ooh, it’s your fuckin’ nightmare.” I sang the last line of the song and we were mere inches apart. We leaned in to kiss for the third time that night. Third time’s supposed to be the charm, right?

Wrong.

I was going to brutally murder whoever was calling me.

“Are you guys almost here?” Manda asked once I answered it. “The show’s going to start soon.”

I got out of the car as Shannon grabbed our bags from the trunk. “We’re in the parking lot.” I said trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

“Well hurry up! Our match is second!” the line went dead.

I put my phone in my pocket and tried to take my bag from Shannon. He insisted on carrying it for me. I started to protest when my head started hurting. I decided just to let him carry it and took his free hand in my own as we headed into the arena, trying to ignore the pain in my head.