Tumors And Hearts

Day 50 – Love

Xx-nikki-xX

Manda and I were in our hotel room, packing up and getting ready to head out to the airport. Chris was there too, distracting Manda every chance he had. [Alex wasn’t there for the tapings this week.]

There was a knock on the door. Manda yelled at Chris to go see who it was and let her finish packing in peace. He laughed and let go of her waist before going to answer it. He opened the door to reveal Shannon standing out in the hall.

“How is she?” he asked in a slightly worried tone.

“See for yourself.” Chris said stepping aside to let him in.

Shannon came in and sat down next to my bag that was lying open on my bed. “Hey.” he said.

I stopped packing and sat down on his lap. “Hey.” I said wrapping my arms around his middle.

“How are you feeling?” he asked hugging me back.

“I’ll live.”

He sighed and started stroking my hair. “I knew something was going to happen. I should have been out there with you.”

I didn’t say anything. This tumor had been ruining my life for over a year now! I wanted to cry so badly, but I knew that would only make Shannon worry even more.

“It was an accident.” I lied. “None of us could help it.”

He sighed again. “I guess so…”

“When does your flight leave?” I asked changing the subject.

“Not till 2. What about yours?”

“About an hour.”

I stood up and went back to packing my bag. I finally finished and tried to zip it shut. It closed about halfway before stopping and refusing to move.

“Stupid thing.” I muttered yanking on the zipper.

Shannon’s hands appeared on mine. He moved them out of the way and finished closing my bag for me. I smiled up at him. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” he said.

“Manda and Chris are still here.” I reminded him when he leaned down to kiss me.

He straightened again and checked the time on his phone. “Come on,” he said grabbing my bag off my bed. “I’ll drive the three of you to the airport.”

x-later-x

“Bye Manda...Harter.” Shannon said to them when we reached our gate at the airport.

“Bye Shannon.” they said, both looking like they liked the sound of ‘Amanda Harter’.

I waited until Manda and Chris were occupied with their own conversation before setting down my bag and turning to face my boyfriend. He pulled me into his arms and as I hugged him back I thought about how I never wanted him to let go of me.

Apparently he was thinking the same thing.

I tried to move but he wouldn’t let me. “Umm…Shannon?”

“Hmm?”

“I think you can let go now.”

“Oh…right…” he said finally dropping his arms.

“Are you okay?” I asked sensing his uneasiness. He nodded and I knew he was lying. “Shannon tell me what’s wrong.”

“I’m just so worried about you.” he said, no longer trying to hide his emotions. “I don’t want to lose you Nikki.”

“I’ll be fine.” I said lacing my fingers through his. Why did it feel like I was saying that a lot lately?

“I hope so…”

The flight to Detroit was called to board before either of us could say anything else. As Manda and Chris headed through the terminal I hugged my boyfriend one last time.

“Call me when your flight lands.” he said pecking me on the lips.

“Shannon…”

“Humor me.” he said as I leaned down to grab my bag.

I did a double-take when he said that. For a minute I thought he had said ‘tumor’ instead of ‘humor’. I shook it off as they made a last call for my flight. I grabbed my bag and kissed him one last time. “I will.” I said before hurrying off through the terminal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness lately. I'm gonna try and make the chapters longer.
Questions? Comments? Any? lol.