Tumors And Hearts

Day 52 – Fortune

Xx-nikki-xX

“She wraps those hands around that pole
She licks those lips and off we go
She takes it off nice and slow
‘Cause that’s pornstar dancin’

She don’t play nice, she makes me beg
She drops that dress around her legs
And I’m sittin’ right by the stage for this
Pornstar dancin’”

I sang along to Porn Star Dancing by My Darkest Days as I drove down the streets of Chicago. This weekend TNA was doing a loop of house shows in my home state of Illinois and I was majorly PUMPED. Tonight we were scheduled to wrestle in Springfield. Although I had a three and a half hour long drive ahead of me I looked forward to the road trip. Planes were okay, but I preferred to drive when given the chance.

My phone started going off when I reached the city limits of Chicago. I turned down the music that was blasting in my car and answered the call.

“Hey Shannon.”

“Hey Nikki!” came Jeff’s voice. “Whacha doing?”

I put the phone on speaker and set it in my lap. “I’m on my way to Springfield right now.” I said. “What about you?”

“Same. We just got on our flight and I’m bored so I decided to steal Shannon’s phone and call you while he’s in the bathroom.” I heard Matt call a hello, probably from the seat next to Jeff.

“Hey Matt.” I said smiling. I loved these guys!

“Hey is Manda there with you?” he asked.

“Nope, just little ole me.”

In case you’re wondering Manda and Matt are still really good friends. Some people [including me] were a little worried how they would get along when Matt first came to TNA. They didn’t really talk at first, and Chris made sure to be with Manda whenever she was anywhere near Matt. But with time they started talking more and ended up becoming friends again – which everyone [especially Jeff, Shannon, and myself] was really happy about.

I passed the rest of the long drive talking to Matt, Jeff, and Shannon [once he got back from the bathroom]. Pretty soon I was pulling into the parking lot of the arena we would be wrestling in that night. I said bye to the boys, whose flight was going to be landing shortly, and headed into the arena.

With the exception of the set up crew, I was the first one there. I dropped my bag off in the locker room assigned to the Knockouts and decided to go help set up the ring. By the time we were done more wrestlers had showed up.

On my way backstage I ran into AJ Styles, who I had become really good friends with since starting in TNA. I ended up hanging out with the guys of Fortune till the show started. I became good friends with the rest of them and was even offered a spot in their stable. “We need a chick in our group!” James had exclaimed when Kazarian pitched the idea. Unfortunately, I had to turn them down. My loyalty lied with Shannon and Jesse in Ink Inc.

When the lights went out and the show started I left Fortune and hurried to the locker room to get ready for my match that was fourth in the lineup. Tonight I was going against Sarita for attacking me during our tag team match on Xplosion earlier that week.

I grabbed my bag out of my locker and dug my clothes out of the bottom. I could hear Robbie E’s music playing as I changed. The shirt I was wearing was a skin tight, sleeveless, black and green top that was very low-cut and ended just above my belly button. I was also wearing my favorite black cargo shorts, black high-top Converse, and green fingerless gloves.

Daffney came in while I was putting on my makeup – a thick ring of black eyeliner around each eye and forest green eye shadow. I found out from her that Ink Inc’s match against Beer Money was third in the lineup. I hated it when they put my match right after theirs.

I decided to just leave my hair straight down since Kazarian’s match against Robbie E was already over and the second match was starting. I could hear Abyss’s music playing as I grabbed my Ink Inc shirt and slipped it on over my ring outfit. On my way out of the locker room I ran into Manda, who told me Shannon and Jesse were already waiting at the entrance place for the wrestlers. I called a quick thanks over my shoulder as I headed down the hall.

I ran into Beer Money on my way and they kept trying to get me to join Fortune as we made our way to the entrance place. We made it there as AJ’s music started playing, signaling the end of the second match.

“Hey.” I said wrapping my arms around my boyfriend’s waist.

“I’ve been looking for you.” Shannon said placing an arm lightly around my waist. “Where have you been?”

“Hanging out with Fortune.” I said.

Robbie Roode winked at me and I laughed.

“Hmm.” Shannon said looking away.

AJ came backstage and a few minutes later Abyss followed. AJ’s music died down and was replaced with Beer Money’s. I wished them luck as they headed out to the ring, earning me weird stares from Jesse and Shannon.

“What?” I asked looking from one to the other.

“Got some new friends, huh?” Jesse asked.

“Yeah,” I said stepping out of Shannon’s arms. “What of it?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Nothing.” he said turning away from me.

I turned to look at Shannon as Tattooed Attitude started playing. He shook his head and he and Jesse headed out to the ring.

“What the hell is going on?!” I said to myself.

I didn’t end up going out to the ring with them. Instead I headed back to the locker room to tell Manda what had just happened.

“It’s because they heard Fortune offered you a spot in their stable.” she told me when I was done.

“Did they also hear that I turned them down?” I asked.

“Apparently not.”

I sighed in frustration. A few minutes later Beer Money’s music started playing, letting us know the third match was over. Manda and I stood up from the bench we had been sitting on and headed out of the locker room.

Sarita was already on her way out to the ring when we got there. I looked around and was a little disappointed that Shannon and Jesse weren’t there.

“Just talk to them after the match.” Manda said sensing my disappointment.

I nodded as Sarita’s music died down and was replaced with Unholy Confessions. I took a deep breath and pushed all my emotions to the back of my mind before heading out to the ring.

“And now,” Jeremy Borash said as I did my usual ring entrance. “Introducing her opponent, from Chicago, Illinois – Nicolette!”

I slid into the ring and climbed up on the turnbuckles. I soaked in as much of the cheering as I could before jumping down and turning to face Sarita. My music died down and the bell sounded. Sarita and I locked up right away and the match was underway...

Six minutes later I failed to see that I had accidentally knocked out the ref while trying to get out of a submission move Sarita had me in. I successfully escaped her grasp and pulled my signature DDT on her. She fell to the ground and I quickly pinned her. When no one started counting I looked around and saw the ref’s unconscious body lying on the other side of the ring.

I let go of Sarita’s leg that I had hooked and went to try and revive the ref. I had just knelt down next to him when Daffney suddenly came running out to the ring with a chair. I jumped to my feet as she slid into the ring. She swung the chair and hit me in the head. I fell to the floor of the ring, supposedly unconscious.

My eyes were closed but I heard the sudden cheering and new Fallon was on her way out to the ring. I heard fighting going on and a few minutes later another body hit the floor. I opened my eyes and slowly sat up, pretending to still be somewhat out of it. I watched Fallon roll Daffney out of the ring and then herself as the ref finally became conscious again.

“COME ON NICOLETTE!” Fallon cheered from ringside.

By this time Sarita was slowly getting up. I quickly jumped to my feet and speared her as she turned around to face me. I once again hooked her leg and pinned her for the full three count.

“And the winner of this match,” Jeremy Borash said as my music started playing again. “Nicolette!”

Fallon climbed in the ring and ran over to me as I rolled off of Sarita. She grabbed my hand and raised it in victory as the crowd started cheering.

She dropped my hand and we climbed out of the ring. Fallon slung an arm around my neck and we headed backstage, smiles glued on our face.

Unfortunately Beer Money was waiting for us when we got backstage, and they weren’t happy.

“What’s up guys?” I asked.

“We were wondering if you could tell us why the hell Shannon and Jesse are being dicks to us.” Robbie said.

I groaned. “They heard that you guys asked me to join Fortune.” I said.

“But you said no!” Robbie exclaimed.

“I know.” I said.

“Do they?” James asked.

“I guess not.” I sighed in frustration. “I better go find them.” I said hurrying away.

It didn’t take me long to find them. I ran into them as they were coming out of the guys’ locker room.

“I need to talk to you guys.” I said stepping in their path.

“Oh yeah?” said Jesse. “Well we need to talk to you too.”

“What the fuck is your guys’ problem?” I asked. “I didn’t do anything!”

“You’re leaving us to join Fortune!” Shannon said looking at me like I was crazy. “What do you mean you didn’t do anything?! I thought we were a team!”

“And just where did you hear I’m joining Fortune?!” I all but yelled at them.

Just then AJ and Kazarian came out of the locker room.

“Hey Nikki.” AJ said slinging an arm around my shoulders. “So about you joining Fortune…”

“That’s it.” Shannon said. “I’m done.”

He stormed off with Jesse following him.

“Wow.” Kazarian said watching them go. “What the hell’s stuck up his ass?”

“Did you guys say anything to them about me joining Fortune?” I asked.

“Well yeah.” AJ said dropping his arm. “But we were just joking around. We didn’t think they’d get so pissed about it.”

I sighed in frustration. “They think you guys are being serious.” I told them. “Their pissed at me because they think I’m leaving Ink Inc.”

“Oh…” they both said.

“Nikki, we didn’t mean to start any trouble.” Kazarian said. “We were just messing around and having a little fun.”

“I know.”

“Yeah, we’re really sorry Nikki.” AJ said.

“It’s fine.” I said before running after Shannon and Jesse.

It took me a little longer to find them this time; when I did find them they refused to talk to me.

“Would you guys just listen to me for one second!?” I yelled running after them again.

“Why should we?” Shannon asked. “You’re leaving us!”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake Shannon!” I said once again planting myself in their path and refusing to move. “I am not leaving you! I never had any plans to join Fortune!”

“Then what the fuck were they talking about back there in the locker room?!” Jesse asked.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. “They were just joking around.” I said as calmly as I could. “Clearly neither of you can take a joke.”

They looked at each other and then back at me with guilty looks on their faces.

“We thought they were being serious…” Jesse said looking at his feet.

“I realize that.” I said.

“But did they really offer you a spot in Fortune?” Shannon asked.

“Yes, but I turned them down.” I said grabbing his hands. “I’m happy working with you guys. I don’t want to leave!”

“I feel like a jerk.” Shannon said.

“Me too.” Jesse agreed. “We’re sorry Nikki.”

“It’s okay.” I said as Shannon wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. “I forgive you guys.”

“Is it safe to come out now?” we head James Storm call.

“Yeah, it’s safe.” I said laughing. I wondered how long they had been hiding.

“Listen…guys,” Shannon said as the members of Fortune came out from their hiding spot. “Me and Jesse… we’re really sorry. We didn’t know you were joking around.”

“It’s fine man.” Robbie Roode said clapping him and Jesse on the shoulders. “Don’t worry about it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize that my dates are all wrong as far as what’s going on with the wrestlers. Obviously Matt Hardy didn’t come to TNA till the Genesis PPV. But oh well, this is fiction. I could have purple elephants in pink tutus dancing around in the ring if I wanted. lol. Not gonna happen, but you get the point.