Tumors And Hearts

Day 58 – Transparent

Xx-nikki-xX

After we were done taping on Tuesday, I decided to fly out to Detroit and spend some time with Manda and the Guns.

I had my iPod blasting in my ears as Manda and I made our way through the Detroit airport. It was very crowded and seemed unusually busy for a Wednesday.

As we neared the entrance of the airport I pulled out my ear buds and put my iPod in my bag.

“Alex and Chris said they would meet us at the entrance.” Manda said looking around for them.

I started looking around for them too. “I think I see them.” I said spotting them. “I think that’s them over there.”

“Where?”

“There!”

“I still down see them!”

“They’re right there!” I yelled pointing at them.

Chris must have heard my yell or seen me pointing at him from across the room. He nudged Alex and the two of them made their way over to us.

“I missed you.” Chris said wrapping Manda in hug.

“I missed you too.” Manda said.

Alex and I turned our backs to them so they could have their moment in privacy… well, sorta.

“I feel like I haven’t seen you in a while.” Alex said hugging me.

“I know!” I said. “I missed you!” I lightly hugged him back before stepping out of his arms. I didn’t want to give him the wrong idea.

“Do you think it’s safe?” Alex asked after a few minutes of silence.

“I think so.” I said looking out the corner of my eye at Manda and Chris.

We turned back around to face them. “Let’s get out of here.” Alex said loud enough for the love birds to hear him too. “I’m starving!”

“Me too!” Manda said. “I’m craving Joy Sushi!”

“Sounds good to me!” I said.

“Eh,” Chris said lacing his fingers through Manda’s. “I guess sushi doesn’t sound too bad.”

I linked arms with Alex and Manda and the four of us made our way out of the busy airport. Chris led the way to his car in the short-term parking lot and we were on our way.

x-later-x

After getting some lunch at our favorite sushi bar Chris and Alex dropped us off at Manda’s apartment. Manda and I were planning on a girls’ day and then tomorrow the boys were coming over for a movie night.

“I guess we’ll see you girls tomorrow.” Alex said from the passenger seat of Chris’s car.

“Try not to have too much fun without us.” Chris said.

I rolled my eyes as he winked at Manda before pulling out of her apartment parking lot. We grabbed our bags and headed inside. We headed up the stairs and stopped in front of the door with a number eleven on it. Manda set down her bags and unlocked the door to her apartment.

“So what are we doing first?” I asked as she pushed the door open.

“I haven’t really thought about it.” she said grabbing her bags and leading the way inside. “I have a hair appointment at 2:30 but I figured I’d call and reschedule it.”

“I could tag along.” I said plopping down on the couch.

“You sure?” she asked plopping down next to me. “I don’t know how long it’ll take.”

I turned on the TV and started flipping through the channels. “I got nothing better to do.”

So when 2:15 rolled around about an hour later we headed over to the salon.

“Amanda?” the receptionist called almost as soon as we walked in the door. “You can go back now.”

Manda nodded and headed over to an empty chair. I assumed the lady standing next to it was her hairdresser.

I plopped down in one of the chairs in the waiting area and took out my phone. Being the geek that I am, I brought up Tetris and started playing. I got to level four before losing.

Leaning to the right in my chair a bit, I was able to see Manda with two pieces of foil sticking out of her head.

“Can I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“No thank you.” I said leaning back in my seat.

I hit the touch-screen of my phone and restarted Tetris. I was at level two when I glanced up and saw my reflection in the mirror sitting across from me. My hair was waste-length. It was jet black and my bangs were dyed crimson. It had been that way since I first started in TNA. Maybe it was time for a change…

The screen of my phone read “Game Over” and there was a bunch of blocks piled up in the center of the background that reached to the top. I ex-ed out of the game and put my phone back in my pocket.

“Um, excuse me.” I said to the receptionist.

“Hmm?” she said looking up from her computer.

“I was wondering if you took walk-ins?” I asked.

She smiled. “Of course we do.” she waved over a free hairdresser. “Jason’s free.”

My gay-dar started going off as he made his way over to us. I smiled as he grabbed my arm and led me back to his station, babbling about my hair as we went. I loved gay men!

He sat me down and started running his hands through my hair. “So what do you want done, sweets?” he asked.

“I don’t really know.” I said in an unsure voice. “I guess I just want something different.”

“Oh honey, I can do different.” he said. “Judging by your bangs, I take it you’re okay with color?”

I nodded. “What do you have in mind?”

He turned me away from the mirror. “You’ll just have to wait and see.” he said in a sing-song voice.

We talked the whole time he was doing my hair. He seemed pretty cool and he was really interested in my wrestling career. He was even a fan of WWE. My suspicions of Jason being gay were confirmed when he called Trent Barreta “sexy as all hell”.

Jason finished blow-drying my hair and took that black cover-thing off from around my neck. “Are you ready to see your new look?” he asked in an excited voice.

I nodded and he turned my chair around so I was looking in the mirror. The first thing I noticed was that my side-swept bangs were black again. I turned my head to the side and saw two thick streaks of neon-lavenderish-purple running down my hair. I turned to the other side and saw that they were on both sides.

“I love it!” I said admiring my new hair.

“I thought you might.” Jason said smiling. “I just knew purple would look good in your hair!”

As I continued to look in the mirror, lyrics from Transparent by Porcelain and the Tramps popped into my head.

“Pretty perfect girly;
Dressed in black
Purple highlights in her back…”

I thanked Jason again before heading back to the waiting area. Manda was sitting in one of the chairs, looking through an old book of hairstyles from the 70’s.

“Nice hair.” she said putting the book away.

“Thanks.” I said noticing her hair. “You too.”

Manda still had her red hair and black bangs, but now there was a black streak on both sides of her face.

I paid the receptionist and Manda and I headed out of the salon, arm-in-arm, to show off our new looks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait peoples! Been really busy lately! Hopefully I'll be able to update more often now!