Tumors And Hearts

Day 62 – Injury

Xx-nikki-xX

On this Sunday night, TNA was at a house show in Orange County, California. I was currently in a match with Tara.

“Come on Nicolette!” Jesse shouted from ringside.

I ran at Tara, preparing to spear her, but she jumped out of the way at the last minute. Unable to stop myself, I ran into the corner of the ring and smashed my head into the top turnbuckle. I fell to the ground and Tara pulled a standing moonsault. She quickly covered me and I managed to kick out at two.

“GET UP!” Jesse yelled pounding on the ring apron.

My head started hurting as I got to my feet. I pushed the pain to the back of my mind as Tara came at me. I dodged her superkick and pulled a quick leg sweep. I covered her but she kicked out at one.

I jumped up and pulled Tara up by her hair. She punched me in the stomach a few times, sending me staggering back a few steps. Now I was in the middle of the ring and she took that as an opportunity to pull a series of clotheslines on me. I managed to catch her on her last one and turn it into a crucifix. She fell to the floor but again managed to kick out at one.

This time when she stood up I pulled a dropkick on her, sending her into a corner of the ring. I quickly climbed to the top turnbuckle. I was just about to pull a moonsault to pick up the win, when my head suddenly exploded in pain.

I lost my footing and fell off the turnbuckle. I landed on my left foot wrong and knew I sprained it pretty bad. I fell to the floor not knowing whether to clutch my ankle or my head, both of which were throbbing.

“Pin me.” I whispered to Tara, who was only about a foot away. “I’m hurt.”

“Can you stand?” she whispered back as the ref started to count us out.

“I think so.”

“Then let’s at least make this good.”

She made a show of being dazed and confused as she got to her feet. She grabbed me by the head and I had to resist the urge to cry out in pain as she pulled me to my feet. She pulled me in for the Widow’s Peak. I made a show of trying to get out of it but failed as she pulled me up and into position.

I welcomed the gory neckbreaker, meaning the end of the match as she pinned me for the full three-count. She rolled off me as her music started playing throughout the arena again.

“The winner of this match,” Jeremy Borash announced. “Tara!”

I watched the ref raise her hand in victory from the floor of the ring. My head was throbbing and I didn’t want to move.

“You okay?” Jesse asked kneeling down next to me.

“My ankle.” And my head. “It hurts really bad.”

“Can you stand?”

I nodded and let him help me to my feet. The pain radiated up my leg and to my hip. I took one step towards the ropes and stumbled. I fell on my injured ankle and bit my tongue so I wouldn’t scream.

“Do you want me to carry you?” Jesse asked helping me up again.

“Maybe…”

He picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the ring and backstage. We were immediately attacked by Shannon and Tara.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” Tara asked.

“What the hell happened?” Shannon exclaimed.

“I lost my footing on the turnbuckle when I was gonna do a moonsault.” I said. “I landed on my ankle wrong.”

“Do you think it’s broken?” Tara asked.

“Broken!” Shannon exclaimed.

“I don’t think it’s broken.” I said. “But my whole leg hurts really bad.”

“We should probably have a medic look at it.” Jesse said handing me to Shannon. “I’ll go get one.”

“I’ll go with you.” Tara said.

“Was it your tumor?” Shannon asked when they were gone.

I nodded, but groaned when it made my head hurt more.

“I knew it.” he said whispered.

He looked away and I knew it was to hide the tears in his eyes. I tightened my hold around his neck and buried my head in his chest the best I could. My tumor wasn’t only hurting myself, but everyone around me who knew. It made me want to cry, but I sucked it up as Jesse and Tara returned with the medic.

“Set her down on one of those chairs.” the medic said.

Shannon did as he was told then sat down in the chair next to me.

I told the medic what happened as he examined me. He started with my ankle then slowly made his way up my leg and to my hip. He lightly poked at my hip and I gasped in pain.

“Hmm…” he said.

“Hmm?” Shannon, Jesse, Tara, and I repeated.

“It looks like your ankle's sprained.” the medic said finally standing up. “You also somehow managed to hurt your hip.”

“Greaaaaaaaaaaat.” I said mentally beating myself up.

“I don’t want you wrestling for at least a week.” he said.

“A week?!” I exclaimed.

“At least a week. It could be longer if you don’t take care of it right.”

“But-”

“Don’t argue with him Nicolette.” Shannon cut me off. “You need to be careful so something like this doesn’t happen again.” I could tell he was talking about my tumor.

I nodded and stood up. “Help me to the locker room?” I asked Tara.

“Of course.” she said placing her arms around my waist.

“I'll have someone drop off some crutches at the locker room.” the medic said. “I don’t want you walking on that leg unless you absolutely have too.”

“You’ll be okay?” Shannon asked.

I nodded again as his opponent for the night showed up. “Come find me when you’re match is over.”

He kissed me on the cheek as Tattooed Attitude started playing in the arena. Jesse clapped him on the shoulder as he ran out to face the cheering crowd.

“Come on.” Tara said steering me away from the curtains. “Let’s go get changed.