Tumors And Hearts

Day 63 – Alex Shelley

Xx-nikki-xX

“Thanks again Nikki.” Christy said.

“No problem.” I told her. “Just hurry up and get better so no one thinks this is permanent.”

She laughed on the other end of the phone which turned into a cough. “I’ll try.”

One of the camera guys motioned to me and I waved to let them know I was on my way out to the ring. “I gotta go. Bye Christy.”

“Bye Nikki.”

I hit the end call button and slipped my phone in my pocket. There was a backstage scene going on right now between Hogan and Bishoff. I grabbed my mic and climbed into the ring as the scene ended. A few minutes later Velvet Sky’s music started playing. I cleared my throat and used my best announcing voice.

“This match is set for one fall and it is Knockout action!” I said. “Introducing first, from The Big Apple – Velvet Sky!”

Velvet came out to the ring looking majorly pissed, not even bothering to do her signature entrance. I had to try not to laugh when I heard Taz say something about no pigeons.

She climbed into the ring and started yelling for Winter to come out and face her. Her music started playing and I waited till she and Angelina came out to start speaking.

“And introducing her opponent, accompanied to the ring by Angelina Love, from Chelsea, England – Winter!”

I climbed out of the ring as Velvet ran at Winter and attacked her before the bell even sounded. I bumped into Angelina, who was doing her zombie thing, and headed backstage to get ready for my next job.

Christy Hemme was sick this week and couldn’t come for any of the tapings. She was under doctor’s orders to stay at home and do nothing. And since I wasn’t allowed to wrestle this week because of my ankle and hip injuries I told her I would fill in for her.

I ran into Shannon and Jesse as I headed to the normal place where Christy interviewed people. They decided to tag along since their match was coming up soon.

The Motor City Machine Guns were already waiting there. I was going to interview Chris and Alex before their match against Ink Inc to determine the number one contenders for the tag team titles.

Alex smiled at me and waved – we hadn’t talked much since that one night in Detroit. I smiled back before turning back to face Shannon and Jesse. I noticed that Shannon didn’t look very happy.

“What’s wrong?” I asked lacing my fingers through his.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing seems like something.”

He sighed before asking, “Do you really have to do this?”

“I told Christy I would fill in for her.” I said. “Why?”

He and Jesse both glanced over to the other side of the room. It wasn’t hard to tell who they were looking at.

“I don’t like Alex.” Shannon said at last.

“I thought you got along with him okay.” I said trying to hide my nervousness.

“I just don’t like the way he looks at you sometimes.” he said. “I think he likes you.”

I hid my nervousness by rolling my eyes and turning to look at Alex and Chris. I wondered what Alex was smiling about but pushed it to the back of my mind as the camera guy showed up and told us the match between Velvet Sky and Winter had just finished.

We got in our places as Velvet’s music started playing throughout the Impact Zone. I stood between Chris and Alex as I mentally went over what I would ask them one last time.

A few minutes later Velvet’s music died down. The cameraman nodded to me to let me know the camera was rolling.

“I’m here with the Motor City Machine Guns, who will be competing against Ink Inc for the number one contender’s spot for the tag team championship,” I said in my best interviewer voice.

I turned to face Alex. “Why should you guys be the number one contenders? Why do you deserve to be the tag team champions?”

“Why?” Alex asked. “Because we’re one of the best tag teams in the wrestling business, Nicolette. We proved that last time we were champions when we beat Beer Money in that Best of Five challenge.”

“But don’t you think someone else should have a chance?” I asked turning to face Chris now. “Don’t you think a tag team like Ink Inc, who’s never held these titles before, deserves a chance to prove themselves as champions?”

Chris snorted. “Nicolette,” he said. “If they want to prove themselves they can do it tonight. If they want those championships they have to go through us first.”

“Okay, well thank you.” I said. “Good lu-”

“Before we go,” Chris said smiling. “I think there’s something Alex wants to do, sort of like for good luck.”

“Oh.” I said a little confused. “Okay.”

I turned to face Alex, unprepared for what came next. He grabbed me and dipped my body. He winked at me before crashing his lips onto mine for a good ten seconds. When he let go of me I saw the cameraman filming Shannon and Jesse. Jesse was holding back a very pissed off Shannon, who was trying to get at Alex.

“That was a really good reaction.” the cameraman said once the camera was off. “Try not to kill Alex too bad.” he said a little nervously before walking away.

“Shannon relax.” I said rushing over to him.

“How the fuck am I supposed to relax?!” he said. “That bastard just kissed you with me standing right fucking here!”

“Shannon-”

“You’re dead Shelley!” he yelled as Chris and Alex walked away.

Jesse was still trying to hold Shannon back. I grabbed his face and forced him to look at me. His eyes were looking everywhere but at me.

“Shannon Brian Moore.” I said. “Look at me right now!”

He heaved a heavy sigh before finally locking eyes with me.

“It means absolutely nothing.” I told him. “That kiss was nothing.”

“How can you say that?” Shannon said. “I knew he liked you!”

“It means nothing because I have no feelings for him.” I said. “Let him go.” I directed at Jesse.

Jesse finally released Shannon. I wrapped my arms around his middle and looked up into his green eyes. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Please don’t do anything to Alex.” I pleaded. “I’ll talk to him later… just… please don’t use this match as an opportunity to beat him up.”

He sighed again. “I’ll try.”

“I’ll be out there to help you.” I said letting go of him except for his hand.

The three of us headed to the entrance place for the wrestlers. Alex and Chris were already on their way out to the ring when we got there. Jesse and I relaxed a bit at this, but we were still prepared for what might happen out in the ring.

Motorcity died down and Tattooed Attitude started playing in its place. I was faintly aware of the comments Taz and Mike were making from the commentary table while the three of us headed out to the ring. Jesse and I had a close eye on Shannon as we headed down the ramp. His eyes were glued to Alex the whole time.

Shannon climbed into the ring and right away went after Alex. Jesse and I hurriedly jumped in the ring and helped Chris try and pull Shannon off of him.

“What’s wrong Moore?” Alex asked with a bloody lip. “Are you mad I kissed you’re girlfriend?”

“Alex!” I yelled turning to face him in shock. What had gotten into him?

Shannon managed to yank free of Jesse at the same time Alex freed himself of Chris. They ran at each other and started fighting again. I quickly put myself between them before they could do too much damage.

“Stop it!” I yelled. “Both of you!”

Jesse, Chris, and even the ref helped me pull them apart. Jesse and Chris pulled their partners back to their corners of the ring and tried to talk some sense into them. I apologized to the ref before climbing out of the ring and joining my team mates.

Chris and Jesse started the match. As soon as the bell sounded Shannon smacked Jesse’s back and climbed into the ring.

“What are you doing?” Jesse yelled at him.

“Get your ass in this ring Shelley!” Shannon yelled, ignoring Jesse.

Alex hesitated before smacking Chris’s shoulder and jumping into the ring. I bit my lip as Jesse and Chris climbed out of the ring. “I don’t like this.” I said as Shannon and Alex locked up right away.

“Me either.” Jesse said.

“Tag in first chance you get.”

“I was planning on it.”

Shannon quickly got the upper hand on Alex and started beating him up really bad. I could only hope the ref would disqualify Shannon sometime soon…

After banging Alex’s head against the turnbuckles countless times and pulling a painful looking powerbomb I had never seen him do before, Shannon finally had Alex pinned. The ref barely had time to shout out one. Shannon picked Alex up roughly by the hair and continued to beat him up.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I yelled as Jesse and Chris shouted their own protests. “Fucking pin him already!”

A few minutes later Shannon was finally within Jesse’s reach. He tagged himself in while Shannon was hitting Alex with a series of punches.

“What the hell Jesse?!” he yelled as Jesse climbed into the ring.

“You’re out of control Shannon!” Jesse yelled back. “Get out of the ring!”

“Don’t you tell me what to do!”

I climbed in the ring and had to literally push Shannon into the corner. He wouldn’t budge another inch.

“Shannon, get out of the ring. Now.” I said looking him straight in the eyes.

He glared at Jesse before finally climbing out of the ring. He didn’t stop there though. He headed up the ramp and backstage, leaving Jesse to finish the match himself.

“I’m sorry Jesse.”

“It’s not your fault Nikki.”

I sighed. “It sure seems like it.” I said climbing out of the ring.

Jesse and I finally turned back to our opponents in time to see Alex crawl over to an eagerly waiting Chris and tag him in. I watched Alex roll out of the ring and onto the floor as Chris jumped over the top rope and run at Jesse. It took everything I had not to run over and see if Alex was okay.

“Come on Jesse!” I yelled.

Too late. Jesse was caught off guard and Chris was able to hit him with a superkick. Jesse fell to the floor of the ring and Chris quickly covered him for the full three-count. As soon as the bell rang, Chris jumped up and hurried to his partner’s side. He helped Alex to his feet and had to practically carry him backstage.

“You okay?” I asked grabbing Jesse by the arm and helping him up.

“Yeah.” he said rubbing his jaw. “He just surprised me is all.”

“Come on.” I said letting go of his arm. “We better get backstage before Shannon goes after Alex again.”

“Good idea.” Jesse said as we hurried out of the ring.

As soon as we got backstage we saw Chris trying to keep Alex and Shannon apart. But what pissed me off the most was that there was a cameraman filming it. He wasn’t trying to stop the fight!

“You fucking bastard!” Shannon yelled trying to get around Chris. “You keep your mouth shut!”

I didn’t have time to wonder what Alex had said. Jesse and I ran over to help Chris. Shannon was one of the smaller wrestlers, sure, but he was majorly pissed and it took both Jesse and myself to pull him away.

“Stay the fuck away from Nikki!” Shannon yelled as Chris dragged Alex away.

“Shannon Brian Moore,” I said turning to face him once they were gone. “What the fuck is your problem?”

“What’s my problem?!” he asked sounding shocked. “He kissed my fucking girlfriend right in front of me! What do you think’s my problem?!”

“Shannon, listen to me-”

“Why are you defending him?” he asked.

“I’m not. I’m pissed at him too, but you don’t see me attacking him every chance I get!”

“I told you he liked you!” he yelled not even listening to me. “I told you!”

“I know…”

“You knew he likes you?”

“Yes.” I said looking down at me feet. “He told me last week.”

“And when were you planning on telling me?”

“I wasn’t…” I mumbled.

I heard him sigh before walking away. I looked up at Jesse, who gave me a sympathetic look before chasing after Shannon.

“Why the hell are you still filming?!” I yelled at the cameraman before walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lateness again. There's been lots of stuff going on. I would say "hopefully I can start updating more often now" but there's a huge chance that won't happen. I'll try my hardest and that'll have to do lol.