Tumors And Hearts

Day 85 – Drunk Wrestling

Xx-nikki-xX

The next day I was in the cafeteria of the Impact Zone hanging out with Beer Money during the taping for another episode of Impact Wrestling. I was feeling better after a night of sleep, but I was still a little worried my tumor might act up again. I hoped that if it did, it would at least wait until after my match against Sarita.

James was trying to get me to drink some beer. He said it would loosen me up for my match and help get me in the right state of mind. I wasn’t too thrilled on the idea of wrestling drunk – especially with my tumor being so damn unpredictable.

I was trying to think of a good reason to say no when Shannon and Jesse showed up. Without so much as a “hello” Jesse pulled me out of my chair and slung me over his shoulder.

“We need to borrow her for our match.” Shannon said to James and Bobby.

“What for?” I asked as we headed out of the cafeteria.

“Well,” Jesse said. “Shannon and I were talking. You’re still a part of Ink Inc and we want you to come out to the ring with us for our match against Mexican America like you used too.”

“We figured it would make things more interesting since Sarita and Rosita will be out there too.”

“I guess I don’t really have a say in this?”

“No.” Shannon and Jesse said at the same time.

I rolled my eyes and tried not to laugh.

x-later-x

“I think he really hurt himself.” I whispered to Shannon.

“I know.” he said.

I watched Hernandez pick up Jesse by his arm hurt arm. He Irish Whipped Jesse into our corner of the ring and knocked me off the apron.

Shannon looked down at me with a worried look on my face. From the commentary table I could hear Taz and Mike’s remarks. Jesse realized what he did and turned around. “I’m so sorry Nikki!” he said leaning over the ropes. “Are you okay?”

He didn't have time to hear my answer. Hernandez grabbed his trunks from behind and pinned him with a roll up. Jesse barely managed to kick out at two.

“Are you okay?” Shannon asked still looking down at me.

“Bloody fantastic.” I said slowly getting to my feet.

“Tumor?” he mouthed.

I shook my head and turned we turned our attention back to the match. Anarquia had just tagged himself in.

My attention didn’t stay on the match very long though. A few minutes later I was distracted by Sarita coming over to Ink Inc’s side of the ring.

“I guess Nicolette and Sarita can’t wait for their match later tonight.” Mike said as we started fighting.

I dodged a punch from Sarita and kicked her in the stomach. I started banging her head on the ring apron repeatedly. We were soon interrupted by Rosita coming to her partner’s rescue.

“This doesn’t look good for Nicolette.” Taz said.

I tried and failed to take on both of them. Soon I was lying on the ground next to the ring as Sarita and Rosita kicked me in the stomach repeatedly. The ref was having trouble keeping order in the ring. All four wrestlers were fighting in the ring, what started it, I had no idea.

And then Fallon was suddenly running down the ramp. She yanked Rosita and Sarita away from me and helped me to my feet. We glared at them and they glared back. All four Knockouts were standing still, waiting for someone to make a move.

“There’s so much action going on you don’t know where to turn!” Taz said.

Sarita and Rosita moved first. They ran at us and attacked Fallon and I. I don’t know how long we had been fight before we were finally pulled apart. Apartently the ref had restored order in the ring and the match was over.

Shannon was holding onto me around the waist and Jesse was holding Fallon back by her arms. Hernandez and Anarquia were trying to herd Sarita and Rosita up the ramp and backstage.

“We’re not done here!” Sarita yelled trying to push past Hernandez.

“Let go of me!” I yelled pulling away from Shannon.

“You’ll get her in the ring tonight.” he said as a camera guy filmed us. “Don’t worry Nicolette.”

We waited until Mexican America made it backstage before heading back ourselves. We walked by the Go Position and I wished Robbie E good luck on his match that was up after the commercial break.

“I’ll see you guys later.” Manda said. “I’m gonna go find Chris.”

“Yeah, I told Christina I would call her after our match and see how she’s doing.” Jesse said. “She hurt her shoulder pretty bad in her match last weekend.”

They both headed off in different directions, leaving Shannon and me alone.

“Now what?” I asked turning to my boyfriend.

He smiled. “I can think of something.”

He grabbed my hand and I let him lead me into an empty, dimly lit hallway. He gently pushed me against the wall and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and brought my arms up around his neck.

It was like time didn’t matter when I was with Shannon. I didn’t realize just how long we had been in that hall until I heard Gunner’s music playing throughout the Impact Zone.

I broke the kiss we were locked in and turned away, breathing heavily. “I should go. My match is up next.”

Shannon pecked me on the lips. “There’s still the commercial break.” he said before kissing me again.

I once again completely forgot about my match… until I heard Sarita’s music start playing.

“Shit!” I broke away from Shannon and sprinted out of the hallway.

Sarita was already on her way out to the ring when I reached the Go Position. Her music died down once she was in the ring. She grabbed a mic and started talking, probably trying to give me time in case I was running late. I made a mental note to thank her later.

There was a dull pain in the back of my head where my tumor was. I hoped the major headache I could feel coming on would wait until after my match.

“Hey Carter!”

I whipped around and saw AJ and James coming towards me.

“How’s your head?” AJ asked.

“What?!” I asked, completely caught off guard. How did he find out?

“Your head.” AJ said again. “It looked like you hit it pretty hard last night.”

“Oh.” I repressed a sigh of relief. “I’m feeling better.”

“That’s good.” he said.

“Yeah, do us a favor and try not to do it again.” James said. “Shannon was really freaked out.”

“I’ll try.” You have no idea…

Sarita finished talking and tossed the mic out of the ring. Unholy Confessions started playing and I waited till it reached a certain part in the song.

“Good luck.” AJ said.

“Thanks.” I said jumping in place.

“Are you sure you don’t want a sip?” James asked. “It really does help.”

I stopped jumping and looked from him to the bottle in his hand. “Why not?” I said.

James laughed as I grabbed the bottle out of his hand and downed the rest of the bottle. I noticed that he had hardly drunk from it as I handed the bottle back.

“I didn’t mean the whole thing.” I heard James say as I headed out to the ring.