Tumors And Hearts

Day 88 – Costumes

Xx-nikki-xX

“Kidnap Mister Sandy Claws?
I wanna do it.
Let’s draw straws.
Jack said we should work together.
Three of a kind.
Birds of a feather.
Now and forever!”

I sang along to Kidnap the Sandy Claws from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack that was blasting in my car as Ashley and I headed to the local costume shop.

We were having a Halloween party in our apartment on Halloween night. We had been planning it for weeks, trying to make sure it was absolutely perfect. And now with only two days left, we had to make sure we found the perfect costumes for the party.

We pulled into the parking lot of the costume shop and went inside. I didn’t know how I was going to pick a costume. There were waaaaayyyy too many to choose from.

“Meet you at the dressing rooms.” Ashley said before heading down one of the isles.

I nodded and headed down an isle full of anime costumes.

After looking through the shop and narrowing down my decisions, I headed for the dressing rooms. I changed into my first choice and headed out to the mirrors. I twirled around a few times in the torn up wedding dress with a fake hole that showed fake rib bones. The veil was torn and ragged and the fake bouquet of flowers looked really stupid. In my opinion it wasn’t a very good costume for Emily from Corpse Bride.

I went back into the dressing room and tried on the next costume. My phone went off as I was fixing the straps that went across my stomach and chest.

hey pretty lady ;) Shannon’s text read.

I smiled before texting back, hello love

wat’s up?

nm, looking for costumes with ashley for our party on sunday

ok cool

I pulled on my scissor-handed gloves and headed back out to the mirrors, this time dressed as Edward Scissorhands. But after realizing how much trouble the gloves would be I decided to go back and try on the next costume.

ur still coming right? I asked once I had ripped the gloves off.

yup, and so r matt and jeff

yay! =]

I pulled on the purplish pin striped pants that was part of my next choice. The black and blue plaid shirt went on next, fitting a little snug over my chest. The brown overcoat felt nice and warm as I slipped it on. I finally put on the bright orange wig and grabbed the giant top hat with a peacock feather on one side and a tag sticking out that said “3/5” on the other. I stepped out of the dressing room as the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland [the Tim Burton version].

The costume was awesome. But it was also very warm too. I was worried I would get too hot moving around at my party and decided not to get this one.

Ashley showed up as I was heading back into my dressing room.

“Find anything?” I asked.

She held up black, white, and gray face paint. “I’m going as a zombie-child.”

I nodded before closing the door to the room.

do u have ur costume yet? I hit the send button before changing out of the Mad Hatter costume.

not yet... any ideas?

I saw my last choice sitting on the floor next to my clothes and a light bulb went off over my head.

i think kno who u can dress up as I sent with a smile.

who?