Tumors And Hearts

Day 89 – Preparing For The Party

Xx-nikki-xX

It was Saturday, October 30th, the day before our Halloween party. Ashley and I were at the local grocery store buying some last minute things for the next day. Ashley was pushing our already overflowing cart while I was riding on the end like a little kid.

“And now for the drinks!” Ashley said as we made our way down the aisle full of alcoholic drinks. “How much do you think we should get?”

“A lot.” I said hoping down from the end of the cart.

“That helps so much.” she said walking towards the rum.

“What can I say?” I said grabbing a few cases of Mike’s Hard Lemonade. “I’m here to help.”

I had just shoved the cases in the bottom rack of the cart when my head exploded in pain.

Thinking fast, I went to my ringtones on my phone and played I Caught Fire (In Your Eyes) by The Used – Shannon’s ringer. “I’m gonna step outside and talk to Shannon. I’ll be back in a minute!” I said hurrying out of the aisle. I barely heard Ashley’s distracted “okay.”

Once I was outside I leaned against the wall, clutching my head. It hadn’t hurt this bad in a while. I thought they had actually been getting better… or at least not getting any worse… It worried me.

Breathe in… Breathe out… Breathe in… Breathe out… Don’t freak… It’ll go away eventually… Breathe in… Breathe out…

I had to wait a good twenty-five minutes before it finally went away. I took one last deep breath before heading back inside to find Ashley. She was already in one of the checkout lines.

“What did he want?” she asked, loading stuff on the checkout counter.

“Huh?” I said brilliantly.

“What did Shannon want?” she repeated.

“Oh… uh… he’s excited for tomorrow.” I said helping her unload.

Just then I got a text from Shannon. i cant wait for tmrrw :)

Well at least I wasn’t lying…