Status: Active.

You're Living a Lie, You Just Can't Hide From Me

Everything I Ask For.

Natalie smiled, snuggling closer into Garrett's side as they watched Jared and Pat play beer pong. It was like nothing could bring either of them down. Garrett smiled, intertwining their fingers as they sat there. It was a peaceful silence, and they were both okay with it. It was just weird. It was the early stage of their relationship... They'd struggled and blushed when trying to figure out that they were indeed together. But it was decided now, and both were so happy.

The redhead beside him kept glancing over at him, wanting to be closer. She didn't know what there was to do, but she needed to feel more connected to him. It was almost embarrassing how exposed she felt. Of course, it had been out of necessity, but still... She loved his bandmates, but it didn't feel appropriate to sit here after what had just happened.

"Is something wrong?" He whispered, using his free hand to stroke her hair.

"I'm just embarrassed."

"Oh." He pressed his lips to her cheek. "Its okay, Nat. I don't care about your past, and its not like mine is so clean either."

"I don't know, Gary, I just... I'm still a little in shock, you know?"

"Do you wanna go lay down and cuddle? You don't seem in a partying mood."

"That sounds perfect... You don't mind?"

"Please, I just told you that I love you, Natalie, I think you deserve a little more attention than these drunken idiots."

She smiled, biting her lower lip as she stood up from the couch. Garrett followed her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and following her lead as they headed towards his bedroom. His drunken bandmates were hooting and hollering about how he was finally gonna "get some." It was more hilarious than unsettling to him and to Natalie.

It wasn't about sex, not that he didn't dream of getting between her legs, but because there was so much more. Especially that she'd never had a pleasant, sober, sexual experience. He wanted to be the one to change all of that for her. He wanted to show her how special and beautiful she was. He wanted to make her feel good about herself.

She smiled at him softly, slipping off her sandals and crawling onto the bed. She lay along it and curved her finger at him in a "come hither" motion. He chuckled, joining her and attaching their lips. Natalie let out a soft gasp as his lips traveled along her neck, finding a sensitive spot on her flesh. His mere touch set her skin aflame, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you."

"And I want you."

"Not now, baby." Garrett smiled softly, kissing along her shoulder. "I don't want to rush it."

"Gary, I-"

"Natalie, I don't want you to feel like I'm impatient and anxious to have sex with you. I'm a guy, and fuck, do I want to sleep with you... But, I'm willing to wait, and I don't mind. I want to go on dates with you, and hang out with you... I just don't want to move too fast."

"You're so honorable."

"Doesn't mean I don't want to ravish you right now." He growled.

"I would love that." The girl smiled. "But, if you think waiting is the best idea, we'll do it... I mean, not 'it,' that's what we're waiting for... I just, Gar, I don't-"

The bass player just laughed, shaking his head. "You're so cute."

She laughed, scrunching up her face. "Garrett?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

He didn't know what she was thanking him for, but he was afraid to ask. Her ocean colored eyes looked so glassy, like she was ready to cry as she lay beneath him. He just smiled, nodded and pressed a kiss to her lips. Natalie smiled, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck, desperate to keep their lips attached.

"So, how about that movie?"

"Oh Kenny," Natalie giggled softly, seeing the guitar player and her roommate curled up on the couch. "You guys slept out here all night?"

"We didn't want to interrupt." Alyssa explained, yawning.

The redhead blushed, shaking her head. "We didn't do anything. Guys, I'm so sorry."

"I told you!" The brunette yawned, hitting her boyfriend in the chest lightly.

Natalie didn't respond, just continued to the kitchen. No one else was up yet, but she decided it was a good idea to start a pot of coffee. Waiting for it, she let her gaze fall on the fridge where the boys' recording schedule was posted.

Garrett had mentioned that he didn't have to go in for a while because bass wasn't being recorded quite yet. Still, she wondered about John and about the song that Alyssa had claimed was for her. The last thing the younger girl wanted was for things to be awkward.

She hadn't realized that the boys had even been competing for her. How had she not realized that Garrett had been trying, in his own shy, weird way, to express his attraction to her? It was like John had drowned him out or something. She was just so frustrated and tired of feeling like a slut. Garrett was the only one who made her feel worthy, even though she felt as if he deserved better. All she wanted was to prove to herself that it would all work out.

She didn't know how long she stood there, but when she felt two arms wrap around her, she was torn from her thoughts.

"You should talk to him, Nat. John told me that he was willing to step aside."

The redhead didn't respond, just turned so that she could press her face into Garrett's chest.

"I don't care about what happened with him or with other guys, Nat. Now that we're together-"

She sniffled a little bit. Had she always been so sensitive? She was so confused and angry.

"Look, baby..." Garrett sighed. "I know that you want to be valued, and you want someone to make me feel like you're enough... To me, you're perfect. You're more than enough. What can I do to make you see it?"

A small smile made its way onto her face. "Garrett..."

"I mean it." He whispered, leaning down the slightest bit to press their lips together. "I don't give a fuck."

Hearing him say a curse word, for some reason, was really hot to her. Actually, everything he did was really hot to her. Especially when he grabbed her by the waist and set her onto the counter, standing between her legs and pulling her closer. She giggled as he toyed with the collar of the shirt he'd given her to sleep in.

"You're so beautiful."

"With my bedhead and no makeup?"

"Yeah." He smiled. "You're always beautiful to me, Natalie. Blonde, redhead, dressed, undressed, whatever."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Nat."

"You can stop now." Pat mumbled, causing the couple to break apart as the drummer entered the kitchen, grabbing a bowl for cereal. "I mean, I'm happy for you, but its kind of sickening."

"Sorry, Pat." Natalie smiled softly at him.

It was weird that the boy she'd loved from a far was suddenly hers. Natalie was still having trouble believing it as they lay together. Garrett's arms were wrapped around her tightly as he sang along softly to the Death Cab For Cutie record she'd put on. He wasn't that great of a singer, but she loved it. She buried her face into the crook of his neck, inhaling deeply. Everything about him felt like home to her. He seemed to make it okay that all of this had happened. He made her feel like everything was okay. The redhead couldn't even explain how lucky she felt at the moment.

She smiled softly. "Gar?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

He chuckled, not understanding. "Um, you're welcome, I guess."

"I mean, I don't know how to control myself around you, Gar. I really appreciate that you're okay with waiting."

The bass player just smiled at her, moving so that they were looking at one another.

He knew she'd been through a lot, but the fact that she kept thanking him upset the boy the slightest bit. To him, Natalie was perfect, and the fact that she'd allowed herself to be abused so much angered him. The fact that she thanked him because he was willing to wait to have sex frustrated him. Sure, he, just as any other guy, would love to fuck her.

He'd been having daydreams about the subject for quite a while, but he wasn't ever going to let her feel as unimportant as all of the guys before did. He wasn't willing to let anyone make her feel unappreciated or disgusting. Garrett didn't know how to show Natalie that he loved her and respected her in, really, any other matter. He didn't know of anything that he could do to prove it.

"Do you have to go to the studio soon?"

"Probably."

"Gary, its your job. You can't just not go because of me."

"Come with me."

"Garrett, I don't-"

"Is this about John?"

The redhead sighed. "In part."

Garrett sighed, shaking his head. He knew there was nothing going on between them anymore, but things had been left awkwardly. He trusted Natalie, and he trusted John, but she seemed a lot more hesitant. He didn't know what to say or how to help, so he just stroked her hair and told her how much he didn't want to leave her.\

"You promise he won't get angry?"

"He said he'd step aside, baby."

"Garrett, John and I almost had sex, you know that, right? He had me in my underwear, practically begging for it."

The boy didn't respond.

"I was the one who couldn't go through with it, Garrett. I don't know what he's been telling you, but I really don't think he was planning to stop."

"It doesn't matter." Garrett's tone was slightly harsh as he thought of John and Natalie together. "Why are you making this so much harder than it is?"

"I just... you're too good for me, Gar."

He smiled softly, shaking his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I am writing about another sexy bass player from Arizona - Stephen Gomez. Would you be interested in reading that?
I love Garrett the most though, obviously.