Status: Comments make my day :)

Hi, I'm Zoe Nicole Merrick

Walking Home

“I’m really sorry about what happened back there Zo.” Jack finally cut the silence.

“I-It’s not your f-fault Jack. Thanks for c-coming with m-me.” I let the tears roll down my cheeks.

He gave me a sympathetic look and a long hug before continuing to walk. I can’t believe Alex cheated on me, I mean he just kissed her, knowing he was still in a relationship with me, how can somebody do that? I should have believed Zack and not gave him another chance, this is stupid how I just fell for somebody so easily, I guess his charm got to me. But, never again, not a chance.

“Zoe!” Jack yelled, as he pulled me back to him. A car whizzed by, “Watch where your going! You almost got hit by a car!”

“Sorry.” I mumbled, I honestly didn’t realize I was walking in the middle of the street.

“Your holding on to my hand for the rest of the way home.” He demanded as he grabbed onto my hand and we walked across the street.

“Jack,” I asked as he turned his head to face me, “Why do you think he did that?”

He sighed, “I don’t even know Zoe, but he’s an idiot for doing it, you were never going to hurt him, ever, and he really, really liked you, I think he might of loved you.”

I stopped for a second when he said love. Love? I don’t think he loved me, he wouldn’t of done that if he did, it’s a nice thought though, I’m not sure if I loved him back though. I probably did, I’m such an idiot.

“Okay.” I kept walking.

“Please don’t be sad Zoe, I mean I know it’s kind of hard to not be, but he was the one who was stupid, not you.” he squeezed my hand.

“How can I not be sad though Jack? I just got my heart broken in half!” I snapped at him.

“I know, sorry for mentioning it.” He muttered.

“Gosh I’m sorry Jack. I’m really at edge right now, sorry for snapping, you didn’t deserve it.” I kissed his cheek to prove my point.

“Your fine, I understand.” He smiled.

I was just about to turn onto my street when Jack pulled me the other way, “Where are we going?”

“I’m buying you ice cream mommy!” He said in a little kid voice as I chuckled.

“You don’t have to do that.” I replied.

“Yeah, but I want to, so were going.” He smiled at me as we kept walking.

We finally got to the ice cream shop as I ordered a mint chocolate chip cone, as he ordered moose tracks. Then, we sat outside at one of the cute little tables.

“Thank you Jack.” I licked my ice cream.

“Your welcome.” He patted my hand.

“Jack, I’ve never thought of this, but do you like any girls?” I asked out of the blue.

He thought for a moment until he answered, “I’m not really the type of guy to actually like girls, I fuck them then leave. I’m not a commitment type of guy, never have been, which is kind of sad, but whatever, that’s how I live.”

“Oh, well I’m sure there will be some girl that’s going to wow you so much, that your going to practically die without her.” I observed.

“Maybe, you never know. People do change.” He winked.

Just then my phone vibrated, I looked at it to see I had 5 text messages and a missed call. The missed call was from Zack, and 2 of the text messages were from him, they said “Where are you?!” and “Zoe! Are you even with somebody?” Why didn’t Alex tell them I was fine? What the hell.

I texted him back saying, “I’m totally fine and with Jack.”

The other 3 were all from Kara, they read “Did something happen?”, “Wats wrong?”, “Zoe Nicole Merrick answer ur fone!” I sighed and sent back “I’m with Jack and totally okay right now, I’ll explain l8r”

Jack spoke, “Who was it?”

“Kara and Zack worrying about me.” I answered.

“What’d you say?” He asked.

“I said that I’m with you and I’m okay.” I said.

“Oh okay,” He paused for a second, “Are you going to tell Zack what happened?”

I never actually thought about that until that point, “I’m not sure, probably, he will have questions, and I can’t lie to him. Even if I tried, I couldn’t, he can see right through me.”

He chuckled, “It’s probably best you tell him, so he doesn’t find out on his own and not have a chance to calm down. We kind of need a lead singer.”

I laughed, “Yeah that’s probably a little necessary.

He smiled as we finished our ice cream, threw it away, and started walking to my house.

“Jack why’d you walk with me?” Our hands still locked together, I guess getting run over by a car wouldn’t be a good thing.

“I’m not going to let you walk alone Zoe. Plus, you were a mess back there, I don’t want you to be sad, so I attempted to cheer you up.” He shrugged.

I smiled, he’s such a sweetheart when he wants to be, “Thank you Jack.”

We just got to my doorstep, “Thanks so much Jack.” I hugged him tight.

“Your welcome.” he squeezed back.

“I’ll see you later.” I called after him.

“Text me about what happens with Zack!” He yelled back.

“I will!” I smiled.

How in hell’s name am I going to tell Zack what happened. He’s going to be fuming, but I can’t just not tell him either, he’d know something was going on the minute I stepped in the door.

I stood there for about 10 minutes, trying to avoid the conversation that had to happen. So, I finally got the courage up and walked into the front door, where I find Zack pacing in the living room.

“Zoe! Where have you been!” He ran up to me and hugged me really tight.

“I walked home with Jack.” I mumbled.

“Why?” He asked.

I sighed, “Let’s go to your room and talk.”

“Sure.” He walked up the stairsb as I followed him.

We both sat down on the bed as I began, “Now, do you want the short sweet version, or the long one?”

“Start with the short.” He said.

I breathed in deeply and began, “Me and Jack found Alex in the back of the building, only he was kissing Lisa, so I started crying and running. Alex started sobbing and apologizing while Jack decided to walk home with me. We talked a little bit about it, and he apologized for what happened, even though he did nothing wrong. Then, he took me to get ice cream, which was really nice of him. Then he dropped me off here at home.”

“Alex did what?!” His face turned red, and you could basically see the anger rise to his face.

“Alex was kissing Lisa and Jack and I caught him.” I started to tear up again.

His face instantly softened and he pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist, “I’m so sorry Zoe.”

I cried more, “It’s not you fault.”

“I can’t believe he did that to you.” his anger started up again.

“I know, I thought he liked me.” I mumbled.

“I’m going to kill him.” He set me to the side of him and started to stand up.

I pulled back his arm and sat him back down, “No.”

“Why the fuck not Zoe, he’s a douche bag that just hurt my sister!” he yelled.

“He’s also the singer of your band, and your going to get kicked out if you hurt him!” I yelled back.

“I don’t give a shit, your more important than that band Zoe!” He replied, his voice slightly quiter now.

“But, you guys are good, and this might be your only chance, don’t miss out on it because of something to do with me.” I touched his arm.

“Zoe, I don’t care.” He calmed down some.

“But I do, and I’m going to have to live the rest of my life, knowing that you could’ve make it big if it wasn’t for me.” I made him look into my eyes.

He sighed, “But Zo-”

I cut him off, “No buts, your going to calm yourself down, and your going to go to practice tonight and your going to play well.”

“How am I going to not yell at him?” He asked.

“Me and Kara will stay at practice the whole time.” I looked at him.

“Fine.” He mumbled, “But how are you going to do this?” He questioned.

I sighed, “I honestly don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I thought I was kind of neglecting Jack, so I hope you guys like the Jack action! haha ;] So, i don't know if any of you care, but I'm getting braces on Tuesday :[ which is suckish! haha. Well, you guys were super duper awesomely amazingly fantastic with comments! :D Thank you all so much:
Ultraviolet Light
Classy Not Classic
TrishaxMelissa
paranorama-alchemy
Kinkeh Dinosaurs [x2]
firetoburn.
georgiameatsix
Jack Barakat!
Whipped.
Thanks guys so much! Guess what, i bet your all surprised, I joined ANOTHER contest xD My story is called I'm In Love It's not quite done yet, it has 2 more chapters to go, and it's going to be updated right after this :]. It would mean a LOT if you guys would check it out :] I know some of you already did though, and i appreciate it! So, I think I'll update sometime this week, I'll write a little of this every day, so hopefully it'll be up soon! Thanks guys! :D