Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Three

*Carla*
Where am I? I'm aware enough to know that I'm still here, in my house, but not in my fatal accident spot at the end of the hallway; What happened? Am I really where I think I am or in some weird psycho-killers basement? My mother is nowhere to be seen so I can guess she left. Another UGH moment of mine. Work is SO MUCH more important than her own daughters safety and health. But if she is here... I hope I am not saying all this out loud. I have a tendency to do that. I don't think I am however, because she doesn't come over to scold.
I try to get up and stand off the sunken in couch but the dizziness returns. I fall to the cushions with a hand to my forehead; which makes me remember why I'm like this. And remembering IT made me remember I had school today. Oh no! I'm missing school! What time is it? I have no clue, but I need to go. I roll off the frame of the old couch and onto the floor. Slowly I crawl to the kitchen to find the note I knew would be there.

"Hello Dear,
I know your not feeling well so I'm not going to make you go to school. But if you feel like it you may, just ask Mrs. Weston next door. I love you with all my heart,
Mom"

Her first name is Sharon but mom just calls her Weston. Leave it to her to do a thing like that. Forget it. Why should I trust her with anything anymore? I try to sit up to gain feeling in my arms and I succeed. I stand up with the still-wobbly feet of mine. With caution, I make my way back down the hallway. I have a bone to pick with a certain boy. My main motivator. That THING!!!
I don't care what I just picked up but I throw on my favorite purple shirt that was on the floor and the jeans next to it and pick up my Converses. With care I slipped them on. My balance has improved but not by much. I stumble slightly down the hall again into the kitchen. I rummage through the cabinets to find headache medicine and heartburn cooler. (I take some of those when Moms not home) I am in luck because there is only 2 Ibuprofen' left and plenty of heartburn stuff. I roughly grab the drawstring bag with my school stuff inside and sling it over my dominate right shoulder. I slowly make my way down the 8 steps to the front door. Is Mrs. Sharon really home? I bet, because she's rather young, 30 to be exact, has no job and does nothing but look out for me and garden. The smell of morning dew flood through my nose.
I look out over out long yard that is almost perfect to see buds on Mrs. Sharon's bushes. I'm surprised that she's not out there tending to them. 'Here we go' I think to myself and start the walk to Mrs. Sharon. The tips of my shoes are almost soaked by the time I got to her door. Somehow Mrs.Sharon always knows when I'm on my way. Because when I get there she's already prepared a few granola bars and a smoothie. I love her to death; why can't she be my mom instead of the one I have?
"How are you feeling, Darling?" She says with her chipper voice with a sense of concern.
"Okay" Is all I can muster.
"Is there something wrong, Dear?"
"Yes, well, my mother left me home alone and told me if I felt better or well enough to come ask you if you could bring me to school."
"Well sure, deary, I can do that. But have you had anything to eat? I'm sure your famished. Come on in here and we'll fill you up." Before I could muster a sound, she turns around and walks inside her doorway. Okay... I just want to get to school, I'm not that hungry, but how can I argue with my mother?
I can hear her from her kitchen telling me:
"I made some pancakes earlier if you want the, sweetheart!" Although I honestly don't think she made then earlier, they were still hot when she brought them to me. They were quite delicious, to tell the truth. She cooks almost as good as myself, maybe better.
I bet you, if we were to go out in public and people didn't know us, they would think we were mother and daughter. That's how closely we look alike. Blond hair, green eyes, peachy skin; those aren't very common characteristics to be put together. Which makes it even weirder. But I'm lost in the muffins she just brought me.
"Common deary. Let's get a move on. You want at least half of your day right?"
"Yes ma'am" I say and stand up toward the door. I walk down her 3 small steps to her Nissan and open the passengers side. I like her seats, very comfortable and good for headaches. Mrs. Weston sits in her drivers seat and sits there. She looks at me and says
"What happened this morning? Your mother never told me." She asked with the much concern. I bit my lip and looked away.
"Carla." She's staring, I can feel her soft but firm eyes.
"My boyfriend broke up with me this morning and I guess I passed out from crying. My mom didn't care, she didn't even know." I can feel a tear well up and fall over and I feel ashamed. Mrs. Sharon wipes it away with her thumb and cuddles me to her chest.
"It's alright honey. He doesn't deserve you if he can't tell you to your face."
"That's what I thought. But I guess I couldn't handle it, I loved him mom." I call her mom all the time so it doesn't phase her mood.
"Well education comes first babe, and we have to got so you can get it. Don't worry about him." She let's me go and starts the car. I wonder what is going to happen when I get there. Is he going to be there? Yeah we know he will. I'm not so sure anymore. But it's to late to change my mind because we are on the road to school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally like this chapter :D Enjoy!