Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Six

*Brad*
I grip the steering wheel tightly as I pull into a parking spot. I shouldn't be here. It wasn't safe and knowing Scar, she would come after me. I hoped she'd stay away. I didn't need to fight anyone today. I saw the guys walking towards me and I opened my car door slowly.
"Bradster, where ya been?" Charles said, watching me.
"Charles, you know he's been with his skank," Chris said, smirking.
"She isn't a skank!" I snapped at him.
"Brad, baby!" Samantha said, running over to me.
"Hey, Sam," I said, hugging her.
"So, you broke up? Just a guess by how depressed you are acting," Samantha said, patting my back.
"Yeah. It's nothing though," I said.
"You don't need her," Charles said, handing me a lit cigarette.
"Thanks, bro," I said, taking the cigarette.
Suddenly, I heard a familiar car pull up behind me.
"Steph?" Samantha said as Stephanie climbed out of her car.
"Yeah. Brad, seriously? Stop smoking. It's stupid," Steph said, obviously mad.
"Steph, go back to school. That's where you should be," I said, not looking at her.
"Brad, she saw IT," Steph said.
I automatically knew she meant a bruise I'd left. If Steph hadn't made me feel so bad this weekend, I wouldn't have hit her. Of course, it wasn't the first time, but I had to make it the last.
"Steph..." I said, my voice cracking in the middle.
"Why don't you leave?" Samantha said, glaring at Stephanie.
"Why don't you kiss it?" Stephanie said.
"Chris," Samantha said.
Chris stepped forward, smirking. I immediately put my hands on his chest.
"Don't. She'll leave," I said, stopping him.
Stephanie shot me a glare and climbed into her car. She pulled out and sped down the road. I ran to my car and got in. I need to follow her. I need to... I don't know anymore. I don't care.
**********
"Carla, talk to me," I said, following Carla down the sidewalk.
"Why should I?" Carla snapped, stopping by a tree. The way she looked with that frown was scary.
"You know, I should take Steph's advice," I said, stopping in front of Carla.
Carla looked at me. She nodded, agreeing with my statement.
"You know I haven't stopped anything. The bruise you saw on Steph's arm, well, that was from me. To top it all off, I want you so bad and I won't have sex because I don't want to hurt you or get you pregnant. I don't want to ruin your chance at life," I said, looking into her eyes.
"You.... hit Steph?" Carla asked, looking afraid.
"Yes. I don't want to hurt you, Carla," I said, tears forming in my eyes.
"You won't! I trust you!" Carla said, flinging herself into my arms.
I felt her body shaking and felt the tears coming through my shirt.
"Carla, calm down. You know I love you," I said, keeping my arms wrapped around her.
"Then why'd you break up with me?" She said, still shaking in my arms.
"It's whats best for you," I said, "I'm afraid and I don't trust myself."
"I trust you," Carla whispered softly, her breathing slowing and the shaking stopping.
"Carla....." I muttered.
"Brad, I do! I want you so bad! I trust you! Come on. Stop being a big chicken," Carla said, looking into my eyes.
"Carla. Just..... no. If you get pregnant, your parents will kill you," I muttered out, knowing I couldn't last long against her.
"Brad....." Carla groaned.
"No," I snapped.
I kissed her forehead, hugged her lightly, and walked back down the street. I wouldn't cave.