Such a Beautiful Letdown

Plane ride 2

"I'm sick of flying!" Tre whined. You could tell by the look on Mike's face he wanted to puch Tre in the face.

"Shut the hell up, Tre. You've said that like a million times!"

"I've only said it twice!"

"I don't care!"

"You're a meany." Tre pouted.

"Will you two shut up!" Billie yelled.

"Woah Bill, what crawled up your ass and died?"Mike asked a little shocked at Billie's outburst. I think I knew what was wrong though, a few months ago him and Adie divorced and he was telling me about the custody hearing for his kids. Apparently Adie doesn't feel that he has the right to see them since he was always on the road anyways. I think it's total bogus, but whatever. Anyways, that's why he's so on edge.

"Sorry, I guess I'm just sick of flying." He said putting his head in his hands. I went to ask if he was okay but I was disrupted by someone saying my name.

"Mallorie! Where are you??" Shit, it was my sister. I hope my mom isn't awake, she'd kick my ass if she knew I moved out of my seat. I got up and went through the curtains back into second class. Billie looked at me wierdly but i just shook it off.

"Amanda, I'm right here." I wispered.

"You are so lucky Mom hasn't woken up, you know she'd kick your ass."

"I know, okay? It's just that, you know my favorite band, Green Day?" She nodded.

"Well, there on this flight! And I'm up there talking with them, so will you please, PLEASE, cover for me if Mom wakes up?"

"Why should I?"

"Oh come on! Umm... I'll do you dishes for a month when we go back home, and, I-I'll, fuck it I can't believe I'm about to do this. I'll clean your room for the next 4 times you need it done." You have no idea how bad her room gets! Oh my god. She smirked and stuck out her hand.

"Deal."

"Thank you!"

"What should I tell her if she wakes up?"

"Tell her I'm going to the bathroom or something. I don't know, you'll figure it out."

"Fine." She said and walked away. My sister isn't all bad. We may be total opposite, but she realises how tough my Mom is on me and we get each other. I guess we just don't like to admit that we...well...love each other I guess. Ew, stupid family-ness. Well anyways, I went back up to first class and sat down.

"What was that all about?" Billie asked.

"Well, my Mom is a bit of a bitch, and she'd be pissed if she knew I was up here talking to you guys, so my sister warned me and I did a little persuading and she said she'd cover for me."

"Oh," Was all he said. He looked back down at his feet.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, he looked up and me and smiled weakly while I pulled a puppy dog face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just this whole costody shit, ya know?" I nodded.

"Things will get better, Billie. You have every right to see your children and this isn't over yet." He smiled and me and nodded.

"Thanks, you know, I haven't even known you for like 4 hours and I already feel so close to you."

"Yeah, well people tend to tell me I'm an easy person to get along with," I smirked. "Plus I'm amazing so I wouldn't doubt it."

"Well aren't you the cocky princess." Bille said scarcasticly. I hit him playfully.

"I only tell the truth. And by the way, punk, don't call me princess."