Such a Beautiful Letdown

Part 5

After we got to the hotel, my mom decided she didn't want to share a room with us so she decided to get one for her and one for my sister and me. But I was not about to share a room with my sister, so Mommy dearest got fed up with me whining and agreed to get us all separate rooms.

"Um, excuse me but, is it okay if I change it so I can have three rooms instead of one?" my mom asked. The lady behind the desk looked up at my Mom and smiled politely.

"Hold on one second Ma'am," she seemed to be looking through the computer to see if there were any available. "There is one right next to the one you're stay in, number 207. But the only other room is 324 on the next level."

"Alright girls, umm...Amanda you take 207, I'm in 206. Mallorie, you take the other one. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay," Like I wanted a room near those two anyways! The lady gave us our keys and I took mine, then I grabbed my bags and headed over to the elevator.

"Alright you guys listen," my mom started in the elevator. "This is all of our vacations, so you guys can basically do whatever you want. Just stay out of my hair. There is an open buffet 24/7 so whenever you want food just go get it. You guys are old enough to do what you want. I don't want to waste my time looking after you guys."

"Thanks mom, great way to show you care," I thought.

"Alright, mom," My sister said.

"Fine by me," I said.

"I figured it would be," my mom retorted. Okay, what's that supposed to mean? I thought. I was just doing what she wanted me to. The elevator stopped at the second floor and my mom and sister got off, my sister turned around and waved at me. I just smiled.

Up in my room I was putting everything away when my cell phone rang. It was an unknown caller.

"Hello?" I answered.

"My mom said hi? When did you see her!?" It was Tre.

"Hey, Tre."

"Don't change the subject!!"

"Whoa Tre, calm down man, I only told Billie to say that because you called me mommy on the plane earlier while I was trying to wake you up."

"Ohhhh, I did?"

"Yes, Tre," I flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"So what's up sexy?" I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing, actually just settling into the hotel."

"That's boring. Hey do you-" he got cut off by someone yelling at him. "Shut up Billie, I'm talking to Mallorie!! I know I'm on your cell phone! I dropped mine down the sewer outside! Shut up, Mike! It's not funny! I thought I saw something shiny near it, that's why! God!" I was laughing so hard I nearly fell off the couch.

"It's not funny Mallorie!"

"It's just a little funny," I laughed.

"You're a meany."

"And you're obsessed with shiny things!" I retorted. Tre gasped.

"I am not! I don't want to talk to you anymore!" I heard the phone being dropped and I think I heard someone stomping away.

"He could have at least hung up," I thought out loud. I do that a lot.

"Ummm, hello?" I heard someone on the other line say.

"Hi? Who is this now?"

"This is Billie."

"Oh, hi Billie, it's still Mallorie. I was talking to Tre but he got mad that I told him he was obsessed with shiny things."

"Idiot..." Billie mumbled. I laughed. "So what're ya doin'?"

"Nothing, kind of tired from the plane ride."

"Oh, do you want me to let you go sleep?" he asked kindly.

"Yeah, I am pretty beat."

"Well, um, do you want to hang out with us tomorrow?" he asked. Did he sound nervous?

"Yeah that sounds great!" I smiled.

"Great!! I'll uhh...call you tomorrow."

"Alright, G'night Billie."

"Goodnight Mallorie, sleep well," I hung up the phone with him and danced on my bed. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!