‹ Prequel: Out of No Where

Out of Mind and Body

Ketchup

I walked out of the room, seeing Garrett and Jared begin running past me. I laughed at them, thinking back to who was in that room. Everything felt perfect. Well, at least after the awkward meeting. I walked out the building to see Peter leaning against my car.

“What’s up with this? Where’d your car go?” I asked laughing, walking closer.

“It got towed because I accidentally parked in a reserved place. Cameron already left, and no room with Jared and Garrett, though I wouldn’t want to even go in that car, after what they have done to it,” Peter said groaning, a ticket in his hand.

‘I see, what a dumbass move on your part, fucker. I thought you were the smart one,” I chuckled opening my door, and the passenger side. He jumped in as I revved up the engine. I began to drive quietly, thinking about Rosanna. I became so lost in thought, peter yelled at me as I swerved a little.

“Whoopsies,” I said smiling. Peter looked at me, and I knew he was somehow reading my thoughts.

“So how was your time with Rosanna?” Peter asked smirking when I blushed. I thought of the way her lips formed with mine, and almost began to swerve again. I shook my head, and looked over at him once.

“No, the real question is how are you and Cameron.” I looked over at Peter who had the perfect ‘o’ shaped mouth. This time I smirked, but he just waved it off.

“So you noticed that, hmm? Let me guess, Rosanna told you? You may be the master at concealing emotions and seeing them, but other things are not your strong suit.” Peter eyed me, knowing he hit the bull’s-eye. Peter had a way of knowing things that others didn’t see.

“Not the point. Oh, and thank you,” I said changing lanes, ready to pull off at some random diner.

“Oh, any time. So I guess were eating?” Peter asked as we pulled in.

“Yes we are, and if you don’t like it you can find your way back home on foot,” I snapped, smiling.

“No, no food sounds good right now.” Peter put his hands up as if I was a police officer. I rolled my eyes and walked into the diner. It was oddly packed, but Peter and I took a seat. When our food came, I slowly ate a French fry, scrutinizing him.

“So how long have you guys been dating?” I asked, watching his facial expression. We had never officially broken up, but the day they wee at the hospital, it was pretty much over. You could see the sparks between them, especially afterwards at her party. It was fine with me, seeing I never liked Cameron like that.

“Three weeks, I suppose,” Peter said casually, taking a sip of his coke. I twirled my straw around, the Sprite bubbling.

“Have you guys had sex yet?” I asked just as he was squirting the ketchup. He was so surprised at the question it squirted all over his pants. I began to laugh my as off, even though people looked at me. He groaned and threw a fry at my face, complaining about his jeans being ruined.

“You mother fucker,” Peter grumbled as I tried to breathe. He got up and walked to the bathroom, everyone staring as I fell over with laughter again. I calmed myself down and began to eat, chuckling when I thought about it.

I saw a shadow above me, thinking Peter was back. It wasn’t. I frowned at the site of a girl, maybe a year older. She wore some skimpy outfit that I didn’t even want to look twice at. It was one week till Christmas and she was wearing that! I sat there, frowning up at her.

“You see I already spent all my money on this meal and gas, so I can’t afford you,” I said sounding all serious. She stared at me, confused. I gave her the ‘what-the-hell’ look, but she opened her mouth, nevertheless.

“Whatchya doing?” She asked twirling her hair. I looked around for Peter, groaning.

“Oh I’m making a porno right now. Yeah you are in it,” I said sarcastically.

“I’m experienced with that kind of stuff,” she whispered, leaning in. I frowned in disgust, picking up the ketchup and squirting her with it. She screamed in disgust.

“Oops, it slipped,” I said, putting money on the table, grabbing our food and walking out. I saw peter walk out confused, and laughed at his period stain look-a-like.

“Not one word. I’m guessing that girl running to the bathroom with ketchup down her shirt, and in her hair was form your doing?” Peter asked getting in and grabbing his food.

“Exactly. First, it gets you, now her. I’m on a roll.” Peter rolled his eyes, chomping on his burger. I picked up one of my chicken tenders, wiggling it. Rosanna and I use to always eat chicken tenders when we were little. It was one of those phases that lasted for years. We hadn’t been out doing these things in forever.

“Can we go pick up my car?” Peter asked, finishing his meal.

“Yeah, once you answer my question, bitch,” I said slapping him with one of my chickens quickly. He gave me a look, and I rolled my eyes quickly, making my vision blur till my eyes hurt.

“We have,” Peter said chucking the chicken I had dropped at me, but it flew out of my window. I laughed and started up the car. We were driving when peter asked me if I have ever.

“Er… no. See with me the person I would only have had it with was in love with a different person. I don’t really think we will though. She may say she’s over Austin, but I know that if she could have had one of us, it be him. I’ll probably end up being a virgin forever,” I said sighing, and laughing. Half of that made me chuckle the rest hurt, because I knew it was true. She would choose Austin over me.

“No, don’t worry. I’m sure we could get you a prostitute if it ever came to that.” I looked out my window, wondering if this relationship would be a waste.

“Mark, stop it. She seemed so excited to see you. I think she’s over Austin, mostly. I’m sure she misses him, but you would miss her if it was switched around. Mark, stop shaking your damn head. She loves you too, and your not going to ruin your relationship by thinking she doesn’t want you,” peter snapped, making me smile.

“Thanks Peter, it means a lot. I could never have these conversations with the other guys. Glad I have you to keep more sane,” I thanked him, as we turned into the towing place. I waited the thirty minutes until I knew Peter had his car.

While I waited, I thought back to everything to do with Rosanna. How I had been jealous of Austin, because she wanted him. How I was the simple friend. How we all pretty much drifted farther apart in eighth grade. Peter honked his horn, and I pulled out.

I drove home, sill thinking up to today’s events. When she said ‘I love you’, I felt my heart soar. I also felt cautious. I didn’t just want to be a rebound. No, listen to what Peter said. I eventually pulled up to my house, glancing over at Rosanna’s. The lights were out, which was no surprise.

I walked inside, wanting to go to bed because my brain hurt so much. My mother met up with me, glaring at me. What the fuck?

“Yes?” I snapped, ready to walk upstairs. She simply walked away for now, and I an up, letting my bed engulf me. I closed my eyes, remembering when Rosanna slept there. It felt amazing, comforting, and safe with her in my arms, pressed against my chest, wearing my clothes.

What if she didn’t want to go farther than just dating? I want a family, marriage, and more. What if she doesn’t see that with me. I obviously can’t see any other girl in playing that role but her. I think I might die if she can’t be that one. No, slow down Mark. Put that for some time in the future, and enjoy what you have now, even if it could hurt later on.

I slowly fell asleep, even though it was only around the afternoon. My mind, feelings, and body needed some rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
not my best, but today was my first day of school.... and I actually updated after being dead tired, overworked, eyes hurting, and having a head ache. sorry for it being so late, i have a million other stories, and now school. imam try to write every night though, xD