Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 1

My mom slowly began to have a smile spread across her face. Suddenly, halfway through her smile, she stopped with a confused look.

“What’s that?” She asked. She was pointing to the rope-looking item that I had pulled out along with the box.

“I don’t know. Perhaps its one of those belt items?” My mom thought for a while then shook her head.

“No, I don’t think so. It most likely has something to do with the laptop. Keep it safe for no with the laptop for now. When we get home, go and look through our family diaries about this item. One of the diaries may mention something about the find. “USA isn’t that old of a civilization so there may be something about it.” I suddenly began to remember something.

“Mom, I think I know just where to look!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as my mom and I arrived home the next week, she began to make lunch and told me to go find out about our find. I ran to our elevator and punched in “floor B”. That's where we keep our collection of books. When I was little, I used to explore this area so I knew most of the books here and therefore I thought I knew where a diary that mentioned something about our find was.

Searching high and low, I finally found the old, crinkled book- my great-great-great grandfather's diary. I plopped myself down on the ground remembering how I laughed at many things in this book when I was young because the items described in the book seemed impossible to have ever been created.

I guessed my great-great-great grandfather was obsessed with all his possessions. As I flipped through each page, I noticed how every day he talked about one of his possessions. He described everything from toilet water to the last hamburger he ate. What a crazy man.

I began to shake my head until I reached one ripped page. I gasped. The words left that weren't ripped off were:
January 20, 2002
My laptop! Oh my beautiful lapt—

I quickly looked at the next not-ripped page and noticed the date and subject had already changed. What was going on? I felt a breeze tickle my cheek and I turned my head slightly.

That’s when I noticed the cracked window.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you're wondering, no they don't have belts at that time xD And the line in the middle of the chapter shows chapter 1's two parts. Yes. chapter 1 has two parts. Live with it.