Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 2

As I closely examined the window, I noticed something taped to a glass on the ground. As I looked more closely, I noticed it was a sheet of paper fluttering around. I walked over and picked it up. The words were messy and it was almost impossible to read. I decided to show it to my mom, who is able to read almost anything.

“Lyla! Lunch is ready!” My mom’s voice blared through the intercom. I rushed towards the elevator and went to the dining room. The room smelled deliciously of fried chicken- yum! Before I forgot, I handed my mom the note.

“Mom, can you read this?” After stuffing a chicken in my mouth and explaining to her what had happened, she began to become curious.

“Let me see that paper.” I handed it to her and her eyes squinted. A look of shock crossed her face.

“I can recognize this handwriting anywhere! Why you beastly person!” I looked at my mom with a funny expression. Suddenly, she remembered I was there and said, “Lyla, eat your lunch while I tell you about this.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Many years ago, I had a coworker named Kim. Kim and I once got into a fight. We had made a large discovery and Kim wanted to take all the credit to himself. However, I won the fight so he wasn’t able to. In the end, he left and swore to someday come back to kill me and take credit for my next large future discovery.”

When my mom stopped to take a breath, I interrupted her. “But he was joking….right?” I believed I knew what this was leading to, and I hoped what I believed isn’t true. My mom shook her head.

“Lyla, this note is from him! He’s saying that he had found out about our- no, your ‘laptop’ discovery and is going to take credit for it. However, since it isn’t my find, he’s going to give you a chance first. He says that whoever finds out the complete information about this and can make it work first to present to the Past-Finder’s Organization shall take credit for it. And he says he’s in the lead since he’s already taken away the first clue from our house….Lyla, is that true?”

All I could do for a while was stare. At last, I finally managed a small nod.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so some clarification in case you're confused in mathmatical equations: Lyla's mom's enemy = Kim so therefore, Lyla's enemy = Kim . If Lyla fails finding out about "laptop" = Lyla's mom killed by Kim. Still don't make sense? Comment then. xD