Status: Incomplete

Unraveling the Past

Chapter 3

My mom slumped down into her seat and sighed. She looked tired and seemed to have magically become 80 years old. As for me, I had a look of shock on my face, again.

All the memories of the past with my mom floated into my mind. My first birthday party where she had given me a box of past-finder’s tools, my first time going with her to discover items…the memories made me realize just how much I loved my mom. I don’t want the evil Kim to kill her.

I began to get out of my seat and walked quietly towards the elevator and punched in “floor c”. I opened my bedroom door and plopped down on the ground, seething in with anger. What kind of person is this Kim?!?! To threaten us with something like this…argh! Thoughts like that ran through my head.

Suddenly, I remembered not all hopes were lost. Perhaps I still had a chance to beat him! After all, he’s only got ONE clue and not all of it. I jumped out of my seat and began to run around my room to celebrate when I suddenly stopped myself. Just where should I begin looking??

I decided to let my brain rest for once and flopped down on my bed. Never had I ever been this tired! Before long, I was asleep and began to dream.

“Lyla, listen to me…you’re in great danger!” Well, that was obvious. “But you have a chance to succeed!” My, how dramatic. “Here’s a hint to your first clue: The knowledge of the old is handed down to the old…what the old is, ask the old!” Then there was a bright flash of light and I woke up.

It was weird. Most of those types of dreams happen to wizards that I read about in novels my mom digs up once in a while, and I swear I’m not one. I sighed and tried to ignore the dream, but it kept bothering me. At last, I gave in and wrote down on a sheet of paper “the knowledge of the old is handed down to the old…what the old is, ask the old”.

I glanced at the words for a while. Why did I not think about that? Maybe the word “old” stood for the laptop…perhaps the laptop can talk! I immediately took my find from a hidden area in my room and began to question the laptop.

“Okay, now hurry up and tell me, you stupid laptop, what’s your name?” There was silence as I watched dust fly onto it.

“Okay, so maybe you don’t have one. Alright then, what are you able to do?” Once again, I was answered with silence.

“I GOVE UP! THIS STUPID LAPTOP WON’T TALK!!!” I slapped the laptop (lightly of course, I didn’t want to break it). Pouting, I began to pace the room.

“Argh! Stupid dream! What’s old? The stupid laptop! There’s nothing else that I can think of that’s old!” I continued pacing the room. My mind gradually drifted to my great-great-great grandfather’s diary. I froze. A smirk began to appear on my face. Of course, that’s where my first clue is!

I grabbed my jacket from the closet and went to the first floor as fast as I could. “Mom! I’ll be back soon!” I shouted and I was out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. I decided to write this one less serious. It ended up much longer than I expected. :] I hope you guys don't mind.