Status: needing readers!

Untitled Album

Damned if I do ya (Damned if I don't)

~a little over 9 months later~

Within the last nine months of school Connor and I had been to 13 more All Time Low concerts and the past 4 had been with backstage passes. This was the fifth time that we had raised our passes to the security guards for them to let us pass for the after party. We had just finished our last day of school and were here to celebrate.

"RUE!" I hear a familiar voice cry from the midst of the party. the smart people in the crowd began to separate as a wild eyed Jack Barakat ran towards me. He finally got to us and fell on top of me causing us to both topple over onto the floor.

"Hi Jack," I said smiling. "Are you thinking of getting up anytime soon?" I asked watching him make a 'thinking' face.

"Nope!" he said shrugging his shoulders.he continued to look me in the face and smile.

"Okay i guess I'll just have to Holler for Alex to come help Connor get you off. Or even better, Zack." I sighed knowing that he would surrender. We had officially met Zack and Rian at our first back stage concert.

Jack gulped loudly and jumped up and off hearing my threat to get Zack who was at least twice as strong as Jack. Jack reached out and offered his hand to help me up. Grabbing it i lifted my self up and gave Jack a hug before attacking him with tickles.

I looked up when i saw another pair of hands joining mine in the attack. I looked into Alex's face and smiled. Winking' i went back to harassing Jack for a few minutes. Stopping when i heard Jack 's voice crying uncle.

"Oh yeah. Rue," Alex said looking me in the eyes. "You and Conner follow me." he finished tilting his head the other direction. Connor and i held hands following Alex through the crowd. Finally through the crowd we arrived at a door that Alex opened and pushed us through. As soon as we were through Alex shut the door and turned around.

"Hey Alex," i heard a voice say behind me.

"Hey Matt I wanted to introduce you to some friends of mine. This is Rue and Connor." he said pointing to each of us as he said our names.

"Hey aren't you two the guitarists in that band?" he said leaning his head to the side.

"Yeah," I answered not giving Connor a chance to reply. "Were the guitarists for Untitled. You've heard of us?" I asked.

"Yeah he answered several months ago i saw you guys play during a break we took in Dallas." he said wide-eyed. "You guys seriously rocked. I tried to see you after the show but you guys had already left."

"You seriously liked it?" I asked.

"Yeah i was gonna try and go to your next show but i hadn't found out when it was yet. " he replied grinning and shaking his head.

" We play tomorrow at our local VFW." I replied after a few seconds of thought.

"Awesome I'll have to try and catch you guys."he said clearly shocked.

"OK than. Well if you guys wanna party we gotta get out there. or all of the non-alcoholic drinks will be gone. Alex said standing from the couch nearby.

We said our later's to Matt and left the room to join the party.

~The next night at the VFW~

I began pacing the small stage as Alex finished setting up his drums. I heard a crash as Alex yet again dropped something on his toes. Erik walked over to his little brother and finished setting up the set as the bartender, Amy, Came in holding a stamp.

"Hey guys i need you to all come here." she said waving us over. She stamped our hands so that they now said 'underage'. She told us that that was all she needed and that the doors would open in 3 minutes. We all continued to nod our heads and run to the restroom to get ready for our set.when we walked out we ran along the outside wall of the room and jumped onto the stage seeing that the dance floor was beginning to over flow into the room that housed the bar and billiards. We all looked towards each other with wide eyes and silently squealed. Taking our places with guitars, and drumsticks in hand. sliding the strap over my shoulder I looked into the crowd and saw a few familiar faces and waved.

Apparently Matt had brought Alex, Jack, Zack Rian and, oh shit, Cassadee Pope with him. They all grinned and Jack waved wildly as Alex gave me a big thumbs up.

Out of the corner of my eye i saw Jace nod and I began to play as she tapped her foot waiting for the Que to star.

"i was young not honest, trapped in my dreams, i never though they were so obvious, just a well kept secret in an ordinary box, I'm hidden it's not shock," She began making the appropriate movements with with the rhythm. I kick it up a notch as we started into the chorus.
"take a breath, just step back, because soon we'll be just hometown heroes, saving you saving me, saving me from this small town life keeping secrets telling lies,will we ever find the truth. Being famous," She sang the chorus and i saw Cassadee's Jaw drop as she watched Jace sing. Looking at the others i saw that Alex, Zack and Jack all gaping at me. I stuck out my tongue and played my solo before we continued. " good or bad can't just be honest,
lies, failed disguises, will this ever work, I've tried to many times now, its failed to many times now, what's this becoming," "Repeating the chorus she again sang "take a breath, just step back, because soon we'll be just hometown heroes, saving you saving me, saving me from this small town life keeping secrets telling lies,will ever find the truth, being famous, " we all started to slow down and lower the volume as Jace slowly sang the closing words. "now your your you,now I'm me, now can you see, how much better this is than our fake disquises, Kissing you, Kissing me, kissing me, kissing me, kissing me," she sang fading out. "Your making me weak in the knees." she concluded as the bass faded out. I couldn't believe that we had just played our only original song in front of our bands main inspiration.

Next we played Weightless earning us all nods of approval. We continued to play Homecoming, I don't wanna dance and How You Love Me Now, all of which are origonally by Cassadee's band Hey Monday. She waas grinning ear to ear when we played them and gave us a thumbs-up. After that we played an edited version of Sick Little games (origonally performed by the awesome All Time Low), and Anna Nalick's Breath (2AM). we finished the performance by All of us except Connor leaving the stage.We headed towards our friends and looked up to watch Connor Take the mic.

"Hey there," he began. "I'm gonna play a song that is very close to my heart. But I would like to ask a certain new, frien of mine if he would join me in playing this song. Alex would you join me on stage?" he asked looking at Alex.

"I would be honored Alex said head towards the stage.

"What are they going to play?" Jack asked me quietly.

"Lullabies," I said. he answered with an 'Oh' and looked back at the stage. Connor was talking to Alex quickly and guietly. Alex nodded and took Connors guitar as he handed it over Connor continued to reach out and grab mine.

"Everbody I would like to introduce Alex Gaskarth of the band All time Low. He is also the writer of this song. This is Lullabies." he said into the mic before looking down at his guitar.
by the end of the song i saw both of the boys eyes getting watery. Connor told the audience goodnight and walked back down to us acompanied by Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
i do not own any of these song except the first..