Status: DONE.

Oh, How Could I Forget?

Bad Tattoos And Worse IDs (part one).

[a few nights ago]
"Are you sure we're not going to get caught?" I asked the just-turned-20 Kathy, who was talking earlier of how she wished she could just skip 20 to be 21 and drink legally. She rolled her pale blue eyes, which meant shaking her whole head and having strands of her strawberry blond hair fall into her face, and placed her hands on her hips. I had been nervous about the whole fake ID idea ever since a few of my really close friends convinced me to get one. They all had them, just in case they ever needed them, but I was content with getting what I could if I wanted it. Apparently that wasn't good enough.
"Ana-banana-"
"That makes me sound so young!"
She cackled, "I know, I just wanted to see you freak out." I glared at her. My nerves were a wreck, now was not the time for jokes. "But Mariana, we all do this all the time, and it's no big deal. Dammit, you're 2 years shy of the legal age, and aren't you tired of being able to go into clubs and not being able to fully take in the scene? Trust me, drinking in clubs is much more fun than getting drunk at house parties. Look, Leksa's had a fake ID for ages! She was the first one of us to get one! We just love you and want you to have fun too. Y'know, stop being a designated driver for once. Get ready to fuckin' party." She smiled crookedly, and pulled me in for a hug. My heart was ready to beat right out of my chest.
Normally, I just did what I wanted to. Kathy, Michael, Leksa, Samantha and Justin were my best friends in college, but I had just met the latter two this year. I had actually gone to high school with Michael and Kathy, but they really loved the crazy nightlife. Not to the point where they were too much to handle, but they knew how to have fun. Unfortunately, I wasn't so much like them. I drank and partied, but never enough as to where I wouldn't be able to control myself. I enjoyed just being in the background, because that's how I had been my whole life. When they had started to really bug me about getting a fake ID, I was really hesitant. What if I got caught? But they had claimed I would be fine. So, of course I figured what could it hurt to get one; maybe I wouldn't use it often. I was slightly wary about what would happen, but then again I wanted a chance to go wild. Just once.
I saw us getting closer to the entrance of the club, and pulled out my fake with a groan. Unease sat in my stomach and weighed it down like a chunk of lead had slipped down my throat to rest there. Although I was a wreck on the inside, I had to admit Leksa put together a nice outfit. I had borrowed her tight dark green one shoulder top, and paired that with a short white skirt and a pair of strappy silver shoes. My chocolate brown hair was curled, and half back with a clip. To be honest, I felt pretty hot, and was thankful for the slight confidence my outfit gave me. I was also quite thankful that I had been able to maintain my weight very well, especially considering I was going into my third year of college.
Shaking my head, I pulled out a cigarette, and lit it up. I closed my eyes, and tried to clear my thoughts, which always seemed ironic to me. I could clear my mind when filling myself with smoke. But it worked, because I felt a bit better as I exhaled, and took another drag from it.
"Why're you so nervous Mariana? We're here to have fun and party since we're done our sophmore year!" Michael half-hugged me and fixed his dark brown hair once again afterwards. I rolled my eyes and stole his sunglasses that were pretty unnecessary, considering it was night. And he had gorgeous eyes, an extremely light gray, that I absolutely adored with his hair color, so I didn't understand why he liked wearing glasses all the time. But nobody told him what to do, ever. That's just how it was with this boy.
"Gimme 'em back, bitch!" Michael snatched them back while the rest of us laughed at his sudden furiosity.
"You're so fucking glam." Leksa said, still giggling.
"I know I am, and that's how it's always going to be." He struck a ridiculous pose; I already had my phone out to snap a picture.
A few moments later, we were showing out IDs to the bouncer, with my hand shaking ever so slightly. Thank God he didn't suspect a thing. We all could pretty much pass for the ages we were claiming anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to The Academy Is... from One More Weekend. So not much has happened, but it's the beginning of the night, and things will happen quite soon, trust me ;] But what went wrong?
Dunno, subscribe and read the next chapter ;]
BTW-I've got this story written and done, so it's just a matter of updating it. It won't be terribly long.
And Kim-Leksa is there just for you :] <3 Lmfaoo. I thought you loved that name.