Status: DONE.

Oh, How Could I Forget?

Bad Tattoos And Worse IDs (part two).

Once we were finally inside, I could see the bright flashing lights, people dancing like their lives depended on it, and the smell of alcohol and sweat hung in the stale air. We could barely hear each other, and the bass pounding through my body hypnotized me.
"ANA! DAMMIT!" All of a sudden Kathy was screaming into my ear.
"Fuck," I mumbled, "what?" I yelled right back.
"I'm going to the bar for a drink, then I'll be around on the dance floor. It's a damn party in here, and the night has barely started!" With that, she ran to the bar. Leksa looked around, and turned back with a sly smile.
"I see someone who looks quite interesting. I'll see you guys around." Leksa winked, and began to saunter away to a guy who apparently caught her eye. I knew that she'd have him wrapped around her finger. Leksa never had trouble getting guys to fall all over her. She had an olive skin tone, with bright brown eyes. Her shiny black hair was long and a mix between curly and wavy, and just looked amazing on her. I was slightly jealous of her sometimes, but she was an awesome person, and after a while I got used to the constant stream of guys going after her, because it was just something you had to get used to with her.
Suddenly, Michael grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. Once we found a spot, he started dancing, and I followed his lead. The beat wasn't hard to catch onto, and eventually I was shaking my hips and moving my arms with a natural flow. After that song ended, he leaned in towards me, "Did I ever tell you gay guys are amazing at dancing?"
Laughing, I answered back, "You're my preferred dance partner." And for the next few songs, he was. We could probably pass as siblings, because our hair color was pretty much the same, and we probably had similar frames. We were neither stick thin nor sort of chunky. We were pretty much what would be a suitable size for our gender. The big difference, pretty much besides gender, was the eyes. His were gray, while mine were a dull type of hazel. But after a while, we were craving a bit of alcohol to choke down the scene better.
The bar was sort of crowded with people there taking a slight break from dancing. Ok, it was really crowded. I sighed, knowing that we wouldn't be able to sit and relax together as empty seats were scattered around.
He shot me a nervous, sympathetic look and said to look for any of them on the dance floor when I was done, and he also reminded me of the plan we had all come up with. If we were all scattered, we'd meet outside of the club once we were all done having fun, and we'd all keep in touch to make sure that everyone was ok. But I figured, maybe I would just stay at the bar all night. Who knows? I'm quite sure I can hold my booze, but with the idea of going a bit crazy still in the back of my mind I don't think I would want to stop after my typical few drinks.
"Can I have a Long Island Iced Tea?" The bartender passed me one I did a once-over of my surroundings. There were people all around, everyone prettied up for a night of partying. There was another girl to my right, scantily clad and downing a brightly colored drink; and then to my left was a slightly less-than-attractive guy, who looked like he had already knocked quiet a few back, and was scanning the room for the next person he'd most likely try to get into bed. I just closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts so I could think. But there wasn't much I wanted to think about. I just decided to order a few more drinks as the time passed by slowly. My first drink was gone in a matter of minutes.
I started to feel a bit of a buzz a little while later, and figured that maybe I should have eaten a little something before we came, because I thought it was too soon to have a buzz. Then again, the fact that I had been having drink after drink was probably the most likely cause of it.
The girl and guy both eventually left, but another guy took the guy's seat. I wasn't too impressed with him, and continued to finish off my drink. However, seconds later, a guy had come and sat in the barely-dressed girl's seat. I looked at him up and down and smiled to myself. He was pretty hot. He had dark brown hair that was about jaw length, and the gray v-neck he was wearing showed off how thin he was, and went together just fine with his black skinny jeans. There was a Heineken in his hand, and he glanced over once. Something about his face screamed sexy, and maybe it was some of his piercings as well. Or it could've just been the drinks that were tricking my eyes and making him look better than he really was.
Either way, I noticed he had quite a few tattoos, and figured that would be a great way to start up conversation. My confidence seemed to have skyrocketed with the amount of drinks I had drank, "Hey, you've got some pretty cool tattoos going on there, and I like your hairstyle quite a bit." I was slightly influence by the alcohol, because I knew that if I were sober I never would've bothered trying to talk to him. I even went so far as to lightly touch one of the tattoos on his arm.
"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself you know." He shot me a crooked grin and his eyes shone in a way that made it seem like he had something bad brewing in his mind. However, even though I didn't want to admit it, I was already very drunk, and I just ignored anything that could've meant I was headed in the "wrong direction".
"Well I'm Mariana, what's your name then?"
"Trace. And just how old are you, exactly? You can't be much more than my age."
"Uh," My brain was cloudy, and I struggled to remember the age based on my ID, "well how old are you then?" He chuckled at my terrible attempt at coolness.
"I just turned 21 this past year. I'll take it that you aren't 21 yet then, because of that response." He continued to smile at me, and I let out a giggle.
"Yeah…I'm kind of 19. My friends convinced me to…yeah, you know." I said, making probably the most stupid statement of the night.
He laughed at my obviously smashed state, and I couldn't help but laugh with him. "Well, don't worry, people fake all the time, and nobody cares too much."
Trace and I talked for a bit more, and I tried to stay in control of my mind, but the lights, music, and drinks were becoming too much and I wanted desperately to just give in. We exchanged numbers eventually, and I was hoping we'd actually become pretty close after tonight. He didn't seem like a bad guy, and I started to like him even more.
"Hey, do you want to dance?" Trace pointed to the dance floor. Dancing could be fun, especially with him, and I had actually been wanting to get away and let loose again. I had no idea what song was playing, but I felt the beat in my body and couldn't wait to get out there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter is kinda long, but I had a lot to fit in. So people, comment please? I know there's pretty much nobody on mibba who likes Metro Station...but still ;] Pretend it's an original fiction. Lmfaoo.
But yeah, comments, questions, anything :] Let me know!
And I adore Michael. Just sayin'. <3 I love who I based him off of.
I'll be re-checking spelling and grammar later, I just want this out there now.
Love you all <3