Sequel: Riddle Me This

Love in the Dark

six

Jonathan drove me out of the city and to the massive house that is Wayne Manor. He got out of the car and helped me out, like a total gentlemen. I didn't want him to walk up all of those stairs just to have to walk back down, so I just stood next to his car and smiled, "I had a lot of fun, Jonathan. Thank you."

"Did you really? Good." He smiled and did that twitch of the head to make his hair fly over to the side of his face rather than lying in the middle, "I was afraid that Bruce wouldn't let you out of the car."

"He almost wouldn't let me," I said, adding a roll of my eyes, "I honestly thought he was going to lock the door and drive off."

Jonathan laughed, then the front door opened revealing Bruce. He came down the stairs, his face tight but somewhat pleasant. He walked over to us, still in the khakis and the blue shirt, coming to a stop between us, "Thank you for dropping her off, Dr Crane. It was very kind of you."

"Well, it was the least I could do for her joining me for lunch," he gave Bruce a mocking smile, "But I'm afraid I should get going." Turning to me Jonathan smiled, "I'll call you?"

"Yes." Smiling wider he leaned in and gave me a kiss on my cheek. I smiled as he walked away, dazed for a moment. I moved so he could drive away, then Bruce and I stood and watched as he drove away.

"What are you doing," asked Bruce.

"I'm sorry?"

"What do you think you're doing? Having lunch with someone like Jonathan Crane?"

"What's it to you if I have lunch with people like Jonathan Crane?"

"He's dangerous."

"How, Bruce? How is he dangerous?"

"He tricks people into doing whatever it is that he wants, he... he uses his own form of drugs to... scare people."

I looked at Bruce, the slight breeze that was present pulled at my clothing, "Are you serious? He uses his drugs to scare people?"

"Yes."

"And is the boogie man under my bed too?"

"Bethy."

"No, you know what? It's not Bethy, it's Bethany; and another thing, I just spent three hours with him, he didn't do anything to try and get me to take any form of a drug, and I'm not terrified out of my mind of him or of anything at all. Why can't you just get off your high horse and admit that not every physiologist is as evil as you think they are. Just because your own can't help you get over your parents-"

"Don't talk about my parents."

I looked down, "I'm sorry Bruce." Looking back up I said, "It's just, I think you're over reacting. Jonathan is a great guy-"

"A great guy?"

"Yeah."

"You said you spent three hours with him?"

"It's amazing what you can learn about a person in only three hours, Bruce."

"I just.... I just think you should trust me about this one, Bethy."

"Stop calling me Bethy."

"Why can't I call you that?"

"Because, it makes it harder for me to hate you!"

Bruce looked surprised, "You want to hate me?"

"When I'm arguing? Yeah, I want to hate you."

"Why?"

"Because that's what arguing is all about! Hating the other person."

"What if I don't hate the other person?"

"Then you suck at fighting."

"What if I.... Never mind."

"What if you what?"

"Nothing."

"Bull shit, Bruce. What were you going to say?"

"What if I'm in love with the other person?"

It was my turn to look surprised. Bruce loved me? What the hell? Where did that come from? I turned to look down the driveway, but Jonathan's car was no longer in sight, he was probably halfway down the hill by now. Turning back to Bruce I didn't know what to say, so I turned and walked away, going up the stairs and then further up to my room. Closing the door, I needed to do something to keep my mind busy, so I grabbed my swimsuit and changed into it. Grabbing a towel, I went down to the basement on the opposite side of the mansion, the oldest side, and entered the indoor pool area.

I loved this side of the house. It held the most history. One of Bruce's ancestors actually used this part of the house to hide slaves escaping from the south. Apparently there were hidden catacombs under the foundation, which will be something to ask Bruce about when I wasn't angry at him. Setting the towel down on the tiled floor, I started at one end of the pool, dove in, and started swimming laps. The concentration of the strokes, the kicking, and the breathing helped clear my mind. I didn't know someone was watching me until I came up for air after my twentieth lap. I gave a small scream I saw Bruce standing in the shadows.

"What the fuck, Bruce?"

"Sorry."

"How did you get in here?"

"What?"

"I didn't here the door open, how did you get in?"

"I um... used the door."

I gave him a look, turned around to look behind me at the door, then back at Bruce, "And you managed to walk all the way over there with out me noticing?"

"Apparently."

I sighed and walked to the edge of the pool. Twenty laps will just have to do today, there was no way in hell I was going to do the other thirty with him in here. I grabbed my towel and entered the sauna. Taking off my suit, I set it on the hook along with my towel, and laid on the wood. The best part about saunas was the fact that you could take off all of your clothes and be totally comfortable. Or at least that's what I liked about it.... Then again, I also skinny dip. I had my eyes closed and heard someone at the door, I covered my breasts and closed my legs, not bothering to get up. If Bruce was uncomfortable seeing me nude, then he could just fucking leave.

Bruce entered the room in nothing but a pair of underwear, and I was surprised as I watched him look at me, then proceed to take them off. Hanging them on the hook next to mine, I watched as he took a seat next to me. I sat up, giving him more room then laid my legs out. The next thing I felt was Bruce pulling me to him, his hands soft on my shoulders. His lips found my shoulder, and I was going to tell him to back off when his hands slid past mine and cupped my breasts. I gasped as he played with my nipples and my head fell onto his shoulder. His hands continued to play while his lips came up to meet mine. Kissing me passionately, I turned to straddle his waist. He grew hard against my moistening part and I smiled into the kiss. I moved my hips so I rubbed against him, causing him to moan. I smiled again as I ran my fingers through his hair and gave it a sharp tug. I moved again and slid over his part, and it was now my turn to moan. Bruce was not small, let me tell you.

His hands went down to my hips and he held me in place as we moved, not bothering to do things slowly. I moved over him quickly, while he watched me. We were both making noises that could only sound like animals. I'm sure if Alfred or my mother came anywhere near the pool area they would be able to hear what we were doing. Alfred might be happy about the circumstances, my mother on the other hand, might not be so thrilled. My mother never really enjoyed the thought of me dating men no more than a year older than myself... Bruce was four.

Bruce moved us so I was now on my back and he was on top. My left leg was still as his waist, the other down. He pumped himself in and out while his mouth came crashing down on mine, muffling the noises I was making. Our speed increased, if that was at all possible. It's hard to go faster when you're already fucking the brains out of the other person. But Bruce managed to go even faster, but pulled out before he finished, earning a very angry glare from me. He gave a cocky smile and finished me off by shoving two of his fingers inside me, I called out when he did so. My hands traveled down to his quivering member, and it didn't take long before I came, then him.

Bruce lay on top of me, and a knock came at the door. We both jumped but didn't move, we were too tired to. Alfred's voice, instead of opening the door said, "Sir, when you and Miss. Elwood are finished dinner is ready."

Bruce and I looked at each other and laughed. He got off of me, and I sat up. My head hurt from the energy that was wasted in the hot room and I needed to get out before I passed out. Getting up, I got my swim suit and wrapped my towel around me and started to walk out, "What was that?"

Turning to Bruce I said, "We both just had sex."

"Yeah, but what does that mean?"

"Nothing."

"What, you don't like me?"

"No, I do. You're a good friend, Bruce, but I'm just not in love with you."

"Then why bother?"

"You started it."

"What if it were Crane?"

"Hm, what if?"

With that, I walked out of the small room, loving the feeling of the air conditioning hitting my skin. I walked up to my room and picked up my phone before going to the shower and found that I had one missed call. It was from Jonathan. I smiled when I found that he had left a voice mail and listened to it.

"Hello, Bethany, this is Jonathan. I just wanted to ask you what you were planning for tomorrow evening. We could perhaps go to dinner or something. But give me a call and tell me what you want to do."

I tossed the phone onto my bed before going into the shower. When I finished, I smelled good and went downstairs to find my mother and Bruce at the table already eating. I grabbed my plate from the cart that Alfred brought out and took my seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hot sex... literally. ha, ha, ha....
Bad joke?
Yeah... bad joke. Sorry.

But anyways, PLEASE COMMENT!