Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 4

--

Last chapter:

I walked back over to Jack as everyone started walking inside. I noticed Zack walk next to Jess and introduce himself. They were cute.

"So, does everyone like you?" Jack asked.

"I think so..."

"That's good, because I like you a lot," Jack smiled and leaned down to kiss me. His arms wrapped around my waist and mine wrapped around his neck. Goddamn, he could kiss well.

"Jack Barakat! What is going on here?"

--

"Mom?" Jack asked. "May?"

I opened my mouth and closed and pushed Jack away. I absentmindedly itched my left arm and looked sideways at Jack. He stood there, awkwardly.

"Jack?" His mom asked again and he looked at me. "May came over to tell me some interesting news." Jack's mom raised her eyebrows and I bit my lip. She didn't even know me and she hated me. Great.

"Hey, Maria... d'you think you could go inside real quick? We'll be there in a couple minutes..." Jack kissed my cheek and I nodded to the three family members before nearly sprinting into the house.

When I made it inside, I slammed the door. Fuck. I heard everyone in the kitchen, laughing and I slowly walked in there.

"Hey, where's Jack?" Alex asked.

"She hates me!" I blurted out quickly and then covered my mouth.

"Who?" Jess asked.

"His mom."

"Mrs. B is here?" Rian asked.

I nodded. "May told her about what happened and she didn't look happy," I bit my lip. I was really worried. I didn't want to have problems with Jack's family.

"Nah. She likes everyone. She was probably just acting like that. Jack is such a momma's boy and she always goes with everything he does no matter what." Alex shook his head and put a handful of chips in his mouth.

I raised one eyebrow. How could he be so sure? Marriage to a complete stranger was a big deal...

We heard the front door shut and Jack came walking into the kitchen. "My mom wants to take us all to dinner tonight. Everyone game?"

Everyone except me said yes as they filed out of the kitchen.

"Maria?" Jack asked.

"Uhm, does she hate me?" I asked, warily.

"No! How could she? She doesn't know you."

"But I'm a complete stranger who all of a sudden came into the family after a drunken marriage. She probably thinks I'm a tramp." I shook my head and turned around. His arms slipped around my waist and his lips found my ear.

"She doesn't think you're a tramp. She came here thinking that, but after I told her about you, she wants to get to know you. May too." He murmured and I shivered a little. He was so close.

"Okay..." I nodded slightly.

"Good," I felt him smile against my ear and I shrugged my shoulders. He leaned down and placed small kisses along my neck and I moved my head to the side. It felt so good...

Someone cleared their throat and we jumped apart and saw Alex who looked perturbed. He was glaring at me a little, Jack was looking a little nervous and I cocked my head to the side. Did I sense a little jealousy? Did Jalex exist after all?

--
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. Short! BUT! I will probably have another chapter up tomorrow. I'm going to try for chapter five soon :) But please comment/fave? -jos.