Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 5

--

Last chapter:

"Good," I felt him smile against my ear and I shrugged my shoulders. He leaned down and placed small kisses along my neck and I moved my head to the side. It felt so good...

Someone cleared their throat and we jumped apart and saw Alex who looked perturbed. He was glaring at me a little, Jack was looking a little nervous and I cocked my head to the side. Did I sense a little jealousy? Did Jalex exist after all?

--

"What Alex?" Jack asked, perturbed.

"It's time to go." Alex responded and then walked out of the kitchen.

"What's his problem?" I asked.

"Uh... nothing," Jack looked everywhere but me and I just shook my head as I walked out of the kitchen, to the front door. Jess, Isabelle, Zack, Alex, Rian, Julia, Elisha and Matt were all waiting for Jack and I. Jess was talking to Zack and I watched them for just a bit and decided they would be a pretty good couple, I just had to keep watch. She was my little sister, after all.

I felt Jack come up beside me and we all walked outside.

"I'M DRIVING." I said instantly.

"What?!" Jack asked.

"No. I'm never letting you drive. Ever."

"Good choice," Matt laughed.

"Fuck you, Maria." Jack crossed his arms and pouted.

"I think you've already done that." I deadpanned and everyone gasped.

"What?" Alex asked.

"Considering I woke up in my underwear and my clothes were ripped, I'd assume we had some fun last night, if you know what I mean." I shrugged.

"Nice!" Rian high fived Jack and Alex looked perturbed again. I had always thought the Jalex thing was a hoax but Alex was certainly proving me wrong. But he better back off, I don't share, hahah.

"I'm so sorry we were properly introduced earlier," I heard Jack's mom say from behind and me and turned to smile at her.

"I know!" I laughed.

"I'm Joyce," she smiled at me.

"Maria," I stuck out my hand to shake hers.

"I would love to tell you that you'll be perfectly fine with Jack, but considering I've had to live with him all my life, good luck," May said and I laughed.

"Thanks." I said.

"Everyone ready?" Mrs. B asked and everyone shouted yes.

I was relatively excited for this dinner...

--

Well, the dinner was somewhat uneventful. Even though Mrs. Barakat had to scold Jack and Alex 10+ times to stop swearing.

I liked May and Mrs. Barakat. May told me that I could come stay with her whenever Jack and I were fighting. I laughed at her offer but she looked at me seriously.

"I'm not kidding, Maria," she looked at me and I nodded. Was she warning me?

"We're going hooooome," Jack said to everyone and grabbed my hand.

"Jack..."

"Pleaaaase?" He looked at me with the puppy dog face and I gave in.

"Can I come?!" Alex asked and Jack nodded. I raised an eyebrow but didn't press the issue.

So the three of us left the rest of the group and headed back to Jack's house. Alex disappeared into the guest room right when we got back and Jack left me too so I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV.

While I was caught up in White Collar, Alex had stayed in his room and Jack still was gone. All of a sudden, I heard a masculine voice that didn't sound familiar whisper my name, right next to my head. I threw back my elbow and it connected with the guy's nose. I had no idea if it was Alex or Jack so I turned around and saw Jack rolling around on the floor, moaning with pain.

"Holy shit, Jack!" I jumped over the couch and crouched next to him. "Alex! ... ALEX!"

Alex came running in with just his boxers on and laughed. "Seriously, Maria, I don't want to see you give Jack a blowjob."

"You idiot, I elbowed him in the nose after he creeped up on me! What should I do?!" I asked but Alex just shrugged.

"I don't know. He's /your/ husband." Alex shrugged again and then turned around and left.

I looked down and saw Jack's hand had blood on it. I had never been good with blood and I could already feel myself fading... shit.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom. Not great :/ Blah. I kind of hate this chapter. It didn't work out like I thought it was going to and it feels awkward. I definitely like Sunrise better than this and I don't really know why I started this story. Bahaha, probably because of the Hangover. Comment & fave? -jos.