Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 8

--

I whipped around and glared at Jack who seemed oblivious to my anger. He came up beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I pursed my lips. I did /not/ want him.

"Hi, I'm Jack," he stuck out his hand to Jordan who looked him up and down before shaking his hand. Liam and Jasmine shook his hand too.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I whispered just for him.

"I had to come and support my wifey," Jack smiled down at me and I glared up at him. He just didn't get it, did he?

"I told you I didn't want to talk to you." I deadpanned and he just shook his head.

"We'll talk about it when we go home."

"I'm not going home with you, Jack! I already told you that!" I shouted all of a sudden and pulled away from him. My band mates seemed surprised.

"Why not? I apologized like crazy, didn't I? I don't like sleeping alone anymore," Jack pulled the puppy dog face and I almost punched his face right there.

"I don't want just an 'I'm sorry', it's more than that."

"Look, Maria, I know we haven't known each other for that long, but I like you, a lot and you're my wife and I don't want other guys hitting on you. Mind you, I was a little drunk so normally I probably wouldn't have punched the guy but I was jealous, okay? I have a hot wife and some weirdo was hitting on her and I didn't like it. I didn't mean what I said about owning you... it just came out. I hope you can forgive me." Jack looked at me with hopeful eyes and I stood there awestruck. That had to be the best apology I had ever heard.

I looked at him for another couple seconds before nodding and smiling. "Okay, Jack, I forgive you."

"Oh, thank God." He laughed and then engulfed me in a hug. It felt so right. "Did I miss your gig?" He mumbled and I nodded against his chest. "Damn."

"I have another later this week, you can come then."

"Good," Jack kissed my head and I melted. He was so incredibly adorable, it wasn't even funny. And I know I hadn't known him for that long, but I could see myself loving this kid.

--

"Maria."

"..."

"MARIA."

"WHAT?"

"Are you awake?"

"I am now."

"Do you think we'll be able to make it as a married couple?" Jack asked, worried.

"What makes you think we won't?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm just worried something will happen. You were so mad at me today and I don't it to get bad where we don't talk."

"Jack, that's one thing we won't have to worry about." I smiled in the dark and grabbed his hand.

"Good..." He kissed my cheek and then we both fell asleep.

--

"JACK I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU."

"WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?!"

"Nothing."

"Huh?"

"I just wanted to yell at you."

"Oh. Thanks."

"Hahahaha," I laughed and pulled Jack into a kiss. After our late night talk, I would randomly yell at him just to freak him out a little and then I'd kiss him. He knew it was a game, but he played along.

"You're so mean to me," he pouted.

"Oh, poor baby," I smiled and laid my head in his lap. He played with my hair while I looked up at him.

"Are you happy?" Jack asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, with me? Are you happy with me?" Jack looked down at me with sincere eyes and I stared at him.

"Yes. I'm incredibly happy..."

"Oh, thank God." He smiled and then leaned down and kissed me. And what I said was true. I was so incredibly happy, it wasn't even funny.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. There. Okay. Good. It's done. Two story updates in one day. BOOOM. I know this is short, but it's something, right? Comment/fave? - jos.