Love Is a Four Letter Word, and So Is Liar

My Happy Ending

I had managed to get through dinner fine. I did miss Ryan and wished he was there to see my Nana. She had even asked about him and his whereabouts. I wished I even knew the answer to that question.

I tossed and turned in my bed. Ryan said he'd be here before I fell asleep, but I was lying down and he was no where in sight. I had a feeling that he didn't have to run some errand for his dad.

I heard someone walking up the stairs and door to my room creak opened. "Ryan?" I asked staring into the dark.

"Yea Bee, it's me." Ryan whispered in the dark. I scooted over to the other side of the bed.

I felt the weight of the bed shift. I shifted over to Ryan's warm body.

"What happened? You seemed stressed." I asked concerned.

Ryan shook his head. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure? You can tell me." I insisted.

He didn't say a word. He just laid there in bed hugging me. I was beginning to worry about this. I knew something was going on in his mind, but with Ryan you could never know.

"There is something else that I have to tell you." He finally spoke.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wasn't sure I wanted to hear this. "Ok, tell me."

"First off, I want you to know that I love you more than anything."

"Ry, you're starting to scare me."

"Dawn's pregnant." He whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Ok, so what does that mean?"

He sighed and got up from the bed. He turned the lamp on that was on my nightstand. "It's mine."

I stared at him with wide eyes. I hope I didn't hear him right. "I thought-"

Ryan cut me off. "We had sex a couple of times. I was just so lonely. I wanted to feel love. I didn't have you."

I sat up and shook my head. His words were beginning to sink in. He got someone else pregnant.

"Wasn't she on birth control?" I blurted out.

Those weren't the words that I wanted to come out. I wanted to yell at him for being such a careless asshole, but at the same time I wanted him to tell me he was joking.

Ryan ran his hand nervously through his hair. He sat up before talking again. "I thought so. There was one night it was just heat of the moment and-"

"Stop I don't want to hear anymore." I signed putting my hand up begging him to stop. This wasn't the time I wanted hear about their sex life.

He looked directly in the eyes. Sadness was written all over his face. "This wasn't supposed to happen." He said sadly.

"What wasn't?" I asked softly.

He shook his head. "This-us." He pointed to me and him. "We're supposed to be happy, and try to work this out."

I put my head in my hands. "So what are you going to do?"

"I can't leave her." He sighed.

The tears began to sting my eyes. I knew he would say something like that. Ryan isn't going to abandon his child. I nodded, but didn't say a word.

"I love you, I want you understand that you are the only girl I want." Ryan assured me.

I looked away. I wasn't going to let him see me cry for him again. I wasn't going to allow it. "I know." I whispered.

"Please Bianca, let's just try to get through tonight. Then in the morning, we'll figure something out. All I ask is to stay with me one more night." Ryan pleaded.

I rolled my eyes giving in. "Fine, but tomorrow, we have to talk about this."

He nodded understanding.

I crawled into be with him. We turned off the lights and he held me close. I wanted to make this moment last forever, because after all, it could be our last.

So much for my happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
"We were meant to be, suppose to be, but we lost it."

I am going to finish this one at 20. Just to give everyone a heads up on it. I'm also thinking about doing another story, I don't know what though.

message/comment