All in Good Time

One hour and forty-five minutes

Two hours and five minutes.

Tours always came two hours apart from each other. The first always strolled in at nine A.M the second at eleven and then lastly at one. It was nine A.M now, and the first line of people started filing in. My eyes searched hopelessly for Myrna. I was holding onto the bars of the cell. Normally I’d be at the back trying to escape the rotted food. Not today, today was different. Baylee was not at my side, like I almost expected her to be. She was sitting calmly at the back of the cell. Trying not to be suspicious, I suppose. It would make sense.

If the entirety of our cell was lined up at the bars, the guards would more than likely be suspicious and then the entire plan would be ruined. A plan that as of now, I wasn’t sure of yet. It sounded good, and would look good on paper. But, executing it seemed nearly impossible. Especially the escaping part.

” You just leave that up to me.” Baylee had said. It didn’t seem like I had any other choice. If I didn’t trust the person who created the plan, the plan its self would never work. So, I backed up from the bars and took my usual spot on the wall to the left in front of little Scarlett.

She tugged on my clothes.

“Yes Scar?” I said, turning around to her.

“Baylee said we should start counting down, how long is it now Lana?” she asked, smiling.

“Two hours now,” I answered. Turning back around. By now, the second line of people were coming through. We had yet to be pelted with food. Which was always a good thing. Suddenly my eyes spotted Myrna. She tucked a curl behind her ear. She stopped and talked to the only guard on the block who, abruptly left. My head turned to Baylee, who was beginning to stand.

They met at the bars, Baylee handed her the piece of parchment and explained something to her. Instructions, I assumed. Myrna smiled, shook Baylee’s hand and began walking toward the exit. There was only one on each block, and each block was it’s own building.

Baylee resumed her spot on the floor, as the third and final line of people started coming in.

One hour and forty-five minutes.

Lana knew, Myrna was making an army.