Status: Back in action!

World War Tour

Chapter 2: Confused and Ego Filled Faces

Kaylee sat staring off into the night, while The Maine stood there a little confused, and miffed.

“What the hell happened,” Pat mused, after returning to the bus with the rest of the band.

“Dude I don’t know what was up with that guy but he was wasted.” Gary said after falling on the couch next to Kaylee.

“Yea I know man, he was such an ass. He didn’t even shake my hand or anything. I was trying to be polite and business like.” John said obviously agitated. He began pacing the bus as Kennedy began to speak,

“John I don’t even know what you were out there, you like turned into our manager. I think he
didn’t respond to you because he saw right through you dude.”

John turned around and grinned at Ken, “Shut up Ken you’re just mad he called you ugly,” he smartly countered. At that moment Pat began laughing as well as Jared and Gary.

“Haha wait Ken, he called you ugly?” Pat said. Everyone could see that Kennedy was getting increasingly upset and weren’t surprised when he yelled at them.

“Shut up ok! I mean not only was that asshole flirting with Kaylee, he called me ugly. I am NOT ugly.” Kennedy ranted. At the sound of her name Kaylee’s attention turned to the boys talking in front of her.

“Man I don’t even know his name and I want to punch him,” Ken continued. “I mean he's so-

“Tyson Ritter” a quiet voice said. Ken turned to look at his sister, realizing she said something. They all looked at Kaylee expectantly. She felt the heat rise to her cheeks, for all the staring.

“What? His is name is Tyson, he’s the singer for The All American Rejects…” she trailed off confused as to why they were still looking at her. “Will you guys stop looking at me like that; gosh I swear you all are so weird sometimes.”

“So you know this band then,” asked Jared being one to piece things together. Kaylee just smiled a little before replying,

“Uh yea, I’m a fan. They are actually one of my favorite bands.” She said still smiling.

“Oh!” Pat yelled. Everyone turned to him, and Kaylee was glad the stares were off her. They all looked at Pat waiting for him to continue. “That’s why you told us to keep it a secret from her Garrett.

All five pairs of eyes were now on Garrett, except he only locked eyes with one. Kaylee was surprised that he would do that for her.

“Did you tell them not to tell me Gare?” Kaylee asked curious as to why he did, that is if he did. Garrett sat there stuck. He didn’t know whether to deny it or just tell the truth.

“Um, uh yea I did.” He went with the truth. “I thought it would be a nice surprise for you, I’m sorry if I made you mad or anything.” He said. Kaylee turned to face him with a grin on her face.

“I’ll admit I was a little miffed that you guys would'nt tell me, but this is a good surprise. I glad you kept it a secret.” Kaylee admitted.

“Really, Kay? I thought you would be mad at me.” Gary said surprised.

“No Gary I love you! You are my best friend, as you always have been. And only you could keep a secret like this for so long. Thank you.” She got up and gave him a hug, with a small peck on the lips. Garrett blushed a little after the kiss, but it was fairly normal for the two.

The really were best friends, ever since the met in 5th grade when Garrett moved to Tempe, AZ. They had played together on the play ground and were forever friends after. They were like a Peanut butter and Jelly, if you found one you usually found the other. Their friendship grew even tighter during their last years in high school. And I became a normal thing to see them cuddled up on the couch or holdings hands, and even the random kiss. It was a common misconception that they were dating. They even got voted the Best Couple in the yearbook, but they just thought it was funny. They were best friends and it would always be that way.

“Quit kissing my sister Garrett!” Kennedy joked. Garret eyes got wide and he choked over his words as everyone laughed. He finally got that he was joking when Ken couldn’t stop laughing.

“Fuck you Kennedy.” Garrett stated and walked away to his bunk. After the laughter died down, John looked at the clock and realized it was pretty late.

“Hey I'm going to take after Gare and call it a night, its late and we have an early 10:30 sound check in the morning. See ya.” A chorus of goodnights followed John to his bunk. Soon after the rest of the guys left for bed except for Kennedy. Kay could tell he was thinking about something.

“Hey, what’s up baby brother?” Kaylee asked with a smirk.

“Um first of all, I am 3 years older than you Kay and secondly nothing I’m just thinking” Ken said seriously. If only his grin didn’t give him away.

“Yea yea, I’m taller though. But I knew that you were thinking, what about though?”

“Eh nothing, it’s just I heard that these guys are pranksters. But it’s probably not true. I am mad that Tyson called me ugly though,” Ken said.

“They probably won’t get you guys. If anything make sure Pats drums are set up right this time,” Kay said laughing thinking about when the guys were pranked in the middle of the show when, We The Kings took all of pats drums during the song leaving him with only his snare. “Or they’ll like attack Johno which is pretty bearable if you ask me. Oh and Ken you are beautiful.” She finished with a grin.

“Har har your funny, but I’m sleepy so goodnight.” Kennedy said. He got up and kissed her cheek and walked to his bunk.

This left Kaylee alone in the front to resume her staring contest with her reflection in the window. She had so much on her mind, involving Tyson and the rest of AAR. As well as Gary, because she couldn’t figure out why he got upset at Kennedy for a joke. Eventually she lost the battle with sleep and dosed off on the couch ready for what was in store tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy. Comment. Love.