Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Falling For My Best Friend's Sister

Falling For My Best Friend's Sister 10 - Edited.

Lucky's POV:

After Mike and I had left the nurse’s office, we didn’t head back to class. School was actually almost over with only ten minutes remaining, so there really wasn’t any point in going back. I could just tell Mrs. Burnstein the reason tomorrow, or maybe Kassie’s already done it for me.

It wasn’t really my idea to ditch last period as much as it was Mike’s idea, but I could tell he wasn’t really in the mood to go back in and face the anxiety most teenagers felt when it was the end of the day and they were still stuck inside in the most boring-est class ever.

Mike and I headed towards the back of the school where there was a small park with big trees, fluffy bushes, and beautiful flowers planted everywhere. We lay on the ground underneath one of the tallest trees I have seen yet.

I cuddled close to him, hugging his chest and when Mike looked over to me, I blushed. I couldn’t tell from his expression whether he was going to let me stay like that or if he was going to move away. He simply kissed my head and stroked my hair with the hand placed underneath my head. I closed my eyes and let his soft fingers move through my hair.

“When do you want to know?” he asked me all of a sudden then.

“What?” I wondered, opening my eyes and looking up at him.

“My secret.” He answered me simply, yet serious at the same time.

“Later,” I closed my eyes once again. “I just want to enjoy these last moments together.”

As much as I wanted to know who this other chick was that Mike was crushing on just as hard as he was on me, I also didn't want the little connection that we had togeether to get destroyed once I did find out. So my only wish was to spend as much as time possible with Mike before he told me about her, because I knew that as soon as he told me about her, he’d leave me for her and I’d never get a chance to being this close to him again!

I wasn't selfish enough to actually keep him away from his happiness and away from the girl of his dreams. I couldn’t be that cruel. Mike just meant too much to me and I couldn’t hurt him like that.

I remembered the old saying: ‘If you love something – or in my case, someone – let it go. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never yours to begin with.

“What are you thinking about?” Mike asked from next to me.

“No-nothing.” I lied, though I could feel my voice cracking.

Mike sat up a little then and stared into my eyes, but I averted his gaze and stared up at the sky instead.

“Hey, Lucky, what’s up? What’s the matter?” Mike turned my face around to look at me.

“It’s nothing.” I insisted.

“Are you sure?” he didn’t break my gaze. “Because you know you can tell me anything. And I mean anything at all that’s on your mind.”

“Yeah,” I muttered. “I know.”

I buried my face in Mike’s chest. I wasn’t necessarily crying, but mostly just lying there enjoying Mike’s warm breath blowing on my face coming out through his nose and the soft thudding of his heart beating. I could feel Mike wrapping his arms around me and stroking my back with his fingers.

I’m not sure how long we lay there together like that, but it made me forget about everything else around me – Mike’s secret, his other love, Kassie, Danny, even the whole world. It was as if all my worries were melting away and leaving behind only happiness.

The next time I opened my eyes; I rolled over onto my back and noticed the sky was a light shade of pink now. A few hours must’ve gone by since I’ve been asleep. I rolled my head back towards my side and noticed Mike was fast asleep as well. He looked simply adorable in his sleep and I didn’t have the heart to wake him up, but we had to get home before the sun went down and it started getting dark.

I sat up straight and placed my two hands on Mike’s chest. I shook him softly, but he didn’t stir. I tried a little harder and still nothing. That’s when I started getting a little worried, because for one thing he wasn’t even making any sound, not a snore nor a mumble came out of him.

“Mike? Mike!” I shook him as hard as I could, but it wasn’t until I shouted, “Wake up!” in his ear that he finally rolled over a little and then turned back to face me.

“Hmm?” he muttered, looking at me with one eye half open and the other completely closed.

“Mike!” I couldn’t control myself as I realized that he was absolutely fine and nothing bad had happened to him. I hugged his chest tightly, my hair falling all over his upper body and even his face a little.

“Hey, hey, what’s up?” he asked softly at first, but then I guess he must’ve noticed the tiny tears that had dotted my eyes and he sat up quickly. “What’s the matter, Lucky? Did something happen? What’s wrong?!”

“I-I thought that there was something…. You-you weren’t moving, so-so I thought.” I stammered, trying to find my voice and tell him clearly.

“Oh. Oh! Don’t worry, sweetie, that’s kind of the way I sleep. It’s not your fault; my mom actually had the same experience when she first saw me like that. It’s nothin’ to worry about, I promise.” He gave me a small smile and I felt my face warm up.

Mike kissed my forehead then and wiped away my tears for me. I gave him a small smile and all of a sudden his face turned all serious. He looked like he was about to kiss me, but I was too slow to make any motions or do it first and he ended up frowning in the end and pulling back instead of actually doing it through.

I didn't try pushing him after that and instead just turned away and then just getting up on my two feet.

"We should go," I told him. "It's getting late."

“Yeah,” Mike agreed with me, getting up as well. “Let’s go.”

We made our way across the front of the school and over to where Mike’s motorcycle was parked. There weren’t that many people left in school, but those that had been loitering around with their friends or had some important work left over after classes were all staring at us.

After all, we were walking around hand-in-hand and our hair was a bit…messed up. Plus if anybody had walked over to where we were whether it was accidentally or intentionally, they surely would’ve seen us lying there together and assumed something.

I kept my head down, not so much in shame as embarrassment. Who knows what rumors they’ll have spread around by tomorrow morning? And who knows what Danny will think of all of this?

I got on the bike first, sitting in front as usual then waited for Mike to get on and start it. But, instead he just sat down and wrapped his arms around me. I turned back towards him, looking as confused as ever.

“It’s your turn to drive, young pupil.” He whispered in my ear.

I wasn’t sure if this was supposed to be some kind of an attempt to make me feel better for not giving me that kiss that I’ve wanted and longed for so, well, long. But, I didn’t really care, this was something that I’ve wanted just as much!

I grinned happily and in all the excitement accidentally kissed Mike on the cheek. It’s a good thing, I wasn’t that happy or who knows where that kiss might’ve end up instead.

I hesitantly put my hands on the handlebars and started the motorcycle the way Mike had taught me. Then, I followed the rest of the instructions and tips Mike had told me about over the weekends or boring days over lunch.

We were back at my house in no time.

“That was…perfect!” Mike complimented me.

I couldn’t help grinning even bigger, showing off all my teeth and stretching my lips so wide, my mouth was beginning to hurt.

“It’s all thanks to your lessons,” I replied back. “Or none of this would’ve been possible.”

“Well, you’re a good student.” I could see that Mike was back to his old happy self by now.

“Hey, so you wanna come inside for a little while?” I asked him, not thinking first.

“Um, I don’t think your brother would really like that.” He said and he was totally right about that.

Usually Danny wouldn’t like the fact that I brought him over after school and now that I was even later than usual, he’d hate it even more.

“Oh, don’t worry; I’ll take care of him.” I promised him.

“Well…” Mike looked around a little and then met my eyes again. “Alright, fine.”

I was just about to go walk towards my house when I saw Kassie walking up to us from her own house.

“Hey, so…” she eyed us. “Where were you two?”

“Um, well, we-we were actually…uh…” I couldn’t help stammering.

My face was burning up and I could tell it was showing absolutely clearly. I self-consciously smoothed down my hair and looked all around but at Kassie.

“We just sort of lost track of time, is all.” Mike answered for me then.

Oh.” Kassie didn’t say anything else after that.

My eyes accidentally turned towards her then and she gave me a wink, causing me to turn a deeper shade of red.

Well then, why don’t we just go inside now and just you know, hang out and do some homework and stuff?” I asked as causally as possible to make it seem like I was just about to go over to Kassie’s house and invite her over as well.

I twisted the knob on my door and went inside, dumping my bag on the couch. Kassie kept hers around her and as did Mike. I noticed Danny and his friend, Smexy Sam hanging around in the kitchen. Sam sat on one of the stools and had his elbows over the kitchen table while Danny was pacing around in front of him, looking down at the watch on his wrist. But, as soon as I came in, he immediately stopped and ran over to me.

“Where were you?” Danny demanded.

“Um…” I decided that by lying it would only make Danny madder, so it would be better if I just stick to the truth or at least some parts of the truth. “I was at school.”

“School was over two hours ago. It’s almost six o’ clock. School ends at three-thirty.” He stated the obvious.

“Um, I was there after school for some important work. School work.” I lied.

“With whom?” he asked next.

“My friends.”

“Named?”

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kassie shaking her head at me with wide eyes but I didn’t realize what she had meant before it was too late.

“Uh, Kassie and Mike. Duh! Who else do I have?”

“Uh huh,” Danny grinned then and I realized I must’ve said something wrong. Though I wasn’t sure what exactly it was. “Are you sure – like absolutely sure that it was Kassie that you were with?” I didn’t say anything this time. “Because I could’ve sworn Sam and I saw her coming home alone right after we got there.”

I gulped and started looking around everywhere again.

“Uh-uh, well…” I stammered.

“Where the hell were you?!” Danny repeated, sounding as mad as ever.

“Alright fine!” I huffed. “I was with Mike.”

“And what exactly were you doing with him?”

”Nothing much,” I confessed. “We were just talking and then I guess we just lost track of time and didn’t realize how late it was exactly.”

Danny didn’t say anything else after that, but he did do something pretty weird. He came over to me and started circling me, almost as if he were investigating me or something. Then he looked next to me and eyeballed Mike, much like how a strict father would do with their daughter’s prom dates in those movies I’ve seen in the past. In fact, my ex and I used to laugh about how it would be like if Danny were like that.

“What are you doing?!” I couldn’t help snapping at him.

I was just too frustrated over Danny’s behavior and that too in front of everyone. In front of Kassie was fine, she was my best girl friend, but Mike and Sam were guys and they didn’t need to see any of this. It just made it even more embarrassing than it already was. I mean, I knew I looked like a mess and I was coming home so late, it all looked so wrong.

And besides, we didn’t even kiss let alone make-out! So, I really didn’t see what the big deal was. Danny was killing me, I swear! And his next line only made me feel worse.

“Did he touch you anywhere?” he interrogated me.

“What?!” I spazzed out then. “No way! I-“ I was cut off then.

“Dude, maybe you should just cut her some slack already,” I heard Sam say from across the room then. “I mean, she’s obviously telling the truth because I bet that there’s no way she would want to hurt you and she must be pretty tired from all that’s happened. We should just all relax and talk about this later when you two are alone and have a clear head.”

I breathed a sign of relief and thanked God and Sam so very much.

Danny closed his eyes for a few seconds and breathed in deeply.

“Fine.” He finally exhaled through his nose and opened his eyes.

Oh, so you listen to your friend but not your own sister?’ I almost said aloud, but I knew what was good for me so I kept my mouth shut.

I then got a brilliant idea. I grabbed a hold of Danny’s shoulders and pulled him in for a tight hug.

“Oh Danny, you know I love you oh so much!” I told him. “And you know that I’d never do anything wrong or break your trust!”

While I held on to Danny for dear life, I signaled Mike and Kassie with a hand to go up stairs to my room. Just as they were about to, Danny pulled away from me and gave me a strange look. I couldn’t do anything but just nervously smile back at him with a sheepish grin.

“Ok so, I’m gonna be upstairs now with my friends, so uh…bye!” I told him quickly.

Then before running off, I kissed his cheek loudly and wet. I grabbed Mike’s hand along the way and then took off for the stairs with Kassie right behind me. After we all had entered my room, I plopped down on my bed as Mike took a look around and Kassie took a seat on the chair in front of my computer.

We talked for a little as I assumed Sam must’ve been cooling Danny down for me and then we decided to start doing some homework together, but I realized I left my bag downstairs.

There wasn’t really anything left to do in my house besides that, since we couldn’t even watch a little television thanks to the little party that was going on downstairs. And I was pretty sure that Mike was gonna start trying to head out for his own house again and I had to come up with something to keep him busy. So what better way to do that than have Mike tutor me in physics?

“I’ll go get my bag.” I offered quickly, before Mike could even think of changing his mind of staying here a bit longer.

I opened the door to my room and then quietly crept down the stairs and back into the living room. I saw my bag still sitting on the couch where I left it and Danny in the kitchen with Sam enjoying a snack. I walked as carefully and soundlessly as I could over to the couch, trying hard as I could not to be seen by either of the boys.

But, still Sam ended up seeing me through the corner of my eyes and did a double take. I quickly put a finger to my lip and mouthed, “Please don’t tell.” He nodded his head and turned back towards Danny to continue their conversation.

I grabbed a hold of my bag and kept my eyes on the two boys as I walked back the way I’d come. When I was absolutely sure that the coast was clear and I could manage to move a little faster, I turned and ran, only to accidentally hit my leg on one of the legs on the sofas. I bit down on my lip extra hard to muffle out the scream that was just itching to rush out.

I quickly limped up the stairs and to my room and after setting down my bag on the small carpet; I dumped myself down on my bed and unreleased a small squeak from my mouth.

“Hey, what happened?” Kassie asked at the same time that Mike questioned, “What’s wrong?”

I opened my mouth to answer them, but all that came out was just another squeak, this one a bit louder. So, I did the only thing that I could do and lifted up my leg. It was a little bloated and a lot red and throbbing and hurting very much, similar to that of Sam’s hand.

“Oh my…” Kassie trailed off.

“Damn!” Mike commented softly. I just produced out another squeak and a single tear down my left cheek. “Here let me take a look at it.”

Mike wrapped his warm hands around my small foot and placed it on his lap as gently as he could. His light fingers trailed over the whole thing and gently pulled at my toes. It hurt just as much as it did when he kissed my nose, but it felt just as nice.

“It doesn’t look too serious.” Kassie said then.

I was feeling so dreamy, I almost but forgotten about her. But, it’s not like that was anything new. I was just always like that around Mike that it’s become kind of a habit for me.

“It’s not,” Mike confirmed for the both of us. “Just keep off it for the rest of the day and put some ice on it if it starts to hurt a lot and it should be good by tomorrow.” He gave me a small smile and I returned one back.

“Thanks.” I mouthed back to him.

He nodded his head and I felt my heart swell up.

I may have been hurting a lot then, but I sure was glad that something like this happened to make Mike stay back a little longer and care for me.

We ended up finishing all our homework and then by seven, both Mike and Kassie left. Since Danny nothing against Kassie, she went out through the front door and Mike left through my bedroom window. He used the tree as an escape route, but before he left, he gave me a small kiss on the forehead as I peered at him through my window.

“Take care,” he whispered to me. “Of yourself and that leg.”

I nodded. “I will.”

”We wouldn’t want anything happening to it.” He smiled genuinely and then ducked his head and left.

I honestly couldn’t stop grinning after that and spent maybe a half hour lying on my bed going over all that’s happened today before getting up and heading downstairs for some dinner, while being careful of my leg at the same time.