Sequel: Awake
Status: Complete.

Bedtime

Invite.

I open my eyes, blinking against the light. Glancing around I see I am no longer in the white walled room of Blake, but in my room. I try to remember returning at dawn like usual, but can't. He must have done it. He does that when he wakes before I do.

I pull my fluffy white comforter off my legs and push myself off the mattress into a standing position. The wooden floor feels cold beneath my feet. I hurry to my dresser and grab a pair of socks.

Once my toes feel warmth again, I start to assemble my outfit the day. I go my closet and search through my dresses and skirts. I pull out a cream dress, a matching cardigan and some off white flats.

Most people find it strange I don't wear pants or tee shirts with graphic designs. But that's just not me.
I prefer the 1950's-'60's look.

As I leave my room I the scent of muffins and fried eggs hits me, making my mouth water.
Upon entering the kitchen I see my parents and Blake are already eating. There is a plate and a glass of juice waiting for me next to my brother. I sit down and thank my mother before eating.

"Farrah?" I glance up at the sound of my name. I swallow down the food in my mouth before answering.

"Yes mother?"

"Your birthday is coming up in a week, what would you like to do?" I am surprised at this for two reasons, I had completely forgotten about my birthday and this was the first time she's ever asked me if I wanted to do something for it. Parties aren't exactly a normal event in this household.

"A friend could spend the night, would you like that?"

I looked down and bit my lip.
"I don't have any friends.."

"Oh sure you do, what about that delightful girl you study history with?"

Judy March. She is the schools quietest, shiest, most timid girl. Studying with her is like studying with a bunny, one wrong move could send her into a heart attack. The only reason we do history together was because it was a school project and we got paired.

"Um she wouldn't want to come, I don't think"

"Well you don't know that, just ask her, "

"Okay" I mumble still confused with my mothers sudden urge to have a sleep over.

"Oh cheer up Far', you only turn 13 once, you should enjoy it" A part of me wanted to ask why I couldn't enjoy all the birthdays leading up to it, but bit my tongue.

*X*

I find judy at her locker, scribbling something in a notebook.
Not exactly sure how to start a conversion with this girl I simply say
"Hi"

She jumps, startled and slaps her notebook shut, looking up.
"O-Oh, Farrah, you scared me"

"Sorry, I um, just came to ask you if you wanted to stay the night next week, it's for my birthday"

She looks at me uneasily, then nods slowly.
"That'd be...Nice" The way she says gives me the feeling this doesn't happen to her a lot.

*X*

The sun, long disappeared behind the horizon gave the moon it's place. I smile at the bright ball of white light in the sky, then slowly creep into Blake's room. He is reading a book, sitting cross legged on his bed. I climb on with him and lean my head on his shoulder.

"What did Judy say?" He asks not looking up.

"She said she'd come"
I flop back against his pillows, pulling my the end of my white night gown down as it slid up my thighs with the change of position.
We don't say anything. We often don't, we just enjoy each other's company.
After a while he sets the book on his nightstand and gets off the bed, pulling his shirt from his body, then his jeans. He gets under the covers in just his boxers and turns off the light.

He grabs me and pulls me close, kissing the back of my head. He strokes my arm softly, lulling me.
"Farrah, do boys bother you at school?" He asks, I turn around to face him.

"Bother me? How?"

"You know" He mumbles, "Do they try to get you to do stuff?"
I try and think of an answer to his extremely random question.

"Frankie Straps tried to get me to climb up that statue of the angel in the park, the idiot" I rolled my eyes and strange memory.

"No, I mean do they try to touch you?" His voice strains on the word 'touch'.

"A few give me hugs" I say shrugging.

"Is that all? They don't try to kiss you?" I wrinkle my nose at the thought of kissing any of those boys.

"Ew no, I wouldn't let them anyway" He smirks at this and runs a thumb over my cheek and lips.
"Good girl"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to make Farrah seem innocent and naive without being flat out stupid, hope it worked. Please comment!
I would like to thank revolting youth and candycanemassacre14 for commenting :)