Sequel: Powerplay
Status: Done! Check out the SEQUEL! It's called Powerplay.

Don't Stop Believin'

Americans, Russians, and Swedes, oh my!

[Prologue]
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world;
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere;
Just a city boy,born and raised in south Detroit
;He took the midnight train goin' anywhere.

[Alicia's POV]

I was sitting first row behind the far right end of the home team's bench. I locked eyes with Drew Miller and gave him a wink. I could see a slight smirk playing on his face as he went to chase the puck. Sure enough, he picked the puck away from Paul Kariya, bolted down to the goal, and completed his breakaway with a shoot-the-puck-between-his-legs goal. He skated by and pointed at me, telling me that his goal was for me. I blushed.

Once he got back to the bench, he sat on the far edge. "What's your name?" he yelled over the plexi-glass to me.

I smiled. "Alicia" I yelled back. I never really lost my French accent. I guess I'll keep it since I moved to America 3 years ago. My English is pretty good, but still not perfect.

Drew broke me out of my trance. "Meet me in the locker room! I'll have the guard let you in!" He smiled at me.

I smiled back and nodded. I then went back to watching the game. Pavel Datsyuk scored with 10 seconds left in the final period. That man was amazing. Too bad he's 32, am I right? That and the fact that there is NOTHING that attracts me to him; his hockey skills and sexy Russian accent don't count.

I waited patiently for 2nd period to start, fiddling with my Lidstrom jersey. A guard gave me a note that had my name in chicken scratch on the front. It was a simple piece of Red Wings notepad paper folded in half. Inside was more chicken scratch. It read:

Alicia,You are beautiful. That goal I scored was for you in case you didn't know why I was pointing at you. You look like you know a lot about hockey so I'm guessing you knew. I really hope you come to the locker room. Apparently my description of you was too vague so I gave the guard your seat number. I know this arena like the back of my hand thanks to Pavs and Zāta. I really hope you join me in the locker room after the game. Cheer hard for us.- Drew Miller

P.s. Stating the obvious again, there's a VIP pass for you for the locker room. If you choose not to go, please don't give it to someone else. We have a screaming fangirl problem.

I smiled to myself. He's adorable. After I finished reading it, I looked up only to find Drew skating past me, grinning. Second period was about to start. I watched as the rest of the players skated onto the ice. I booed as the St. Louis players skated onto the ice, which resulted in another big grin from Miller. Surprisingly this tine, I got a grin from Henrik Zetterberg. That was interesting. I guess I got 2 main guys to focus on now.

Second period went by as a blur. Miller and Zetterberg both looked like they were trying to impress me. Zetterberg scored a goal and pointed at me. When Miller figured out that it was me that Zetterberg pointed at, he shot him an ice cold look of pure hatred. I gasped as I watched them. Nicklas Lidstrom finished off the period with a goal, making the score now 4-0 Detroit. I cheered as hard as I could. What can I say, Lidstrom is AMAZING! Captain Nicklas Lidstrom. I didn't have a crush. God no. He's 40 years old. That's a 16 year difference. He's just my favorite player. Always has been. Well since I came to America almost 4 years ago. I came 4 years ago. It was February 14, 2006; my 21st birthday; the day my parents died. I left to find an escape, to forget, and ended up in Detroit. You can say I just settled here. It was home enough.

Zetterberg pulled me away from my haunting memories by checking Patrik Berglund into the glass right in front of me in the beginning of the third period. He smirked and started to skate away, only to get pulled back by Berglund. Both guys dropped their gloves, signalling a fight. Berglund was winding up for a punch when Zetterberg gave him a knockout right hook. The 2 second fight. Zetterberg smirked at me and skated to the bench. A knockout is beyond penalty; it's a benching for the rest of the game deal. It's only a 18 minute bench since the period is 20 minutes long. We won't go into overtime. 4 points is almost impossible to catch up with at this point. The buzzer went off. Tomas Holmstrom scored. 5 points is impossible to come back from. St. Louis is going home with a feeling of shame tonight.

The game ended at 5-0. Chris Osgood got his shut-out. I'm very proud of him. All of the Detroit fans were cheering like crazy. Every single Detroit fan chanted "Go Home Blues" as the team from St. Louis skated off the Joe Louis Arena ice. I felt kind-of bad for them. Oh well. They'd do the sane thing to us if the roles were reversed.

I took a deep breath. Now came the time to go to the locker room. As Zetterberg and Miller passed, I put VIP pass around my neck. They both smirked. They knew they'd see me soon. I walked around to pass the time, buying a new pair of Red Wings pajama pants in the process. What? I needed some new ones. I grew out of my other pair. It doesn't help that my but got bigger either.

Within minutes I was in front of the Red Wings locker room door, having passed the security guard already. I saw players opening the door to exit, stopping in their tracks when they saw me. Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. "Pavs, I think we should stay a little longer."

Pavel Datsyuk grinned. "Zāta, I was thinking the exact same thing."

I didn't know whether to feel excited or scared shitless as the Russian and the Swede dragged me deep into the locker room.