Secrets, Bruises, and a Court Date

Sweet Siblings

I woke up to my baby daughter’s cries.

“Ugghh” gerard moan into his pillow and starts to shift.

“I’ll get her hun, go back to bed u need sleep.” I roll over a give him a kiss then climb out of bed.

I make my way down the dark hall and push the door open. To my surprise jake is leaning over the crib trying to calm her down. I sit in the door way and watch him. He started to sing “Rock A Bye Baby” I thought it was so sweet how he cared about Carlee. Yesterday he told her that he was her Guardian angel and that he is making sure no one will hurt her. I walk into the room and stand behind him. He looks over at me and smiles, then looks back at Carlee,

“See you woke mommy up, silly.” He whispers and scrunches his nose up. I chuckle a little and one arm hug him.

“I got her, she’s probably hungry,” I say as I lean over and pick the baby up, cradling her in my arms.

“You should get some sleep” I tell jake softly.

“ Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow, goodnight” He yawned and went to his room.

“Goodnight” I whisper and walk into the kitchen.

I grab a bottle and set it in a cup and fill it with warm water. Carlee was still fussy so I rocked her back and fourth. a few minutes later the bottle was warm enough and I sat on the couch. I fed Carlee and watched as her little lips sucked the rubber nipple of the bottle. I started talking to her, “You have your daddy’s nose don’t you, you look just like your father” I giggle and kiss her soft little head. After she finished her bottle I burped her and put the bottle in the sink. I walked down the hall once again to place Carlee in her crib. I lay her on her back and give her one last kiss. I walk to the door and stop in the door way.

“Goodnight baby doll” I say as I turn off the light in her room and shut the door a little bit. I made my way back to the bedroom thinking of 1 thing and that is sleep. I crawl back into bed and climb under the sheets.

“Yes sleep, I need more sleep” I think to myself and drift off to the wonderful world of dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for keeping all of you waiting. comment